**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

What talent, he played like garbage this year. I thought he'd be better getting out of Phoenix but he was worse in a more offensive team in Houston. DeAndre ain't coming either, Clippers are trying to get rid of Kaman anyway they can to sign him. Plus, I think he's restricted. We CANNOT sign these centers to multi-year deals, that's not in the plan. We need to find a decent on year rental and see what happens next summer with Dwight. They've stuck to the plan for so long why mess it up now to offer big bucks to DeAndre Jordan who may come here and fold under the pressure? Or Dragic who hasn't played big consistent minutes his entire career?

This was maybe the first half year of the plan they set out to accomplish between D'Antoni and Walsh, you can't just go fire the guy now. Not until after this upcoming season is over. You need to give them time. Why fire D'Antoni and go after Adelman? A great coach but what has he done so much better than Mike in his career? D'Antoni may never be the right guy, I can agree with that. But to call for his head about 30 games into his tenure with the roster they finally wanted? I think that's #$##*#@ stupid if you ask me.

adlemen went to the finals twice. also did a better job with am injured team than pringles ever would have

dantoni is the king of excuses. it's plain and simple a waste of everyone's time to have him next year. he doesn't change. the complaints are the same over and over no matter who is on the roster. go to the suns board on realgm and start reading from the back. they have the same exact complaints about him as we do. it's scary similar. small ball, bad rotations, personal vendettas, bad use of time outs

but i'm not in the group that wants to fire him no matter what. i give him an ultimatum. hire a defensive assistant that isn't @%+@%*# related to you. don't want to? peace

Originally Posted by DubA169

adlemen went to the finals twice. also did a better job with am injured team than pringles ever would have

dantoni is the king of excuses. it's plain and simple a waste of everyone's time to have him next year. he doesn't change. the complaints are the same over and over no matter who is on the roster. go to the suns board on realgm and start reading from the back. they have the same exact complaints about him as we do. it's scary similar. small ball, bad rotations, personal vendettas, bad use of time outs

but i'm not in the group that wants to fire him no matter what. i give him an ultimatum. hire a defensive assistant that isn't @%+@%*# related to you. don't want to? peace
there's no future with this prick as coach. and we all know that's not gonna happen.

Originally Posted by Proshares

What talent, he played like garbage this year. I thought he'd be better getting out of Phoenix but he was worse in a more offensive team in Houston. DeAndre ain't coming either, Clippers are trying to get rid of Kaman anyway they can to sign him. Plus, I think he's restricted. We CANNOT sign these centers to multi-year deals, that's not in the plan. We need to find a decent on year rental and see what happens next summer with Dwight. They've stuck to the plan for so long why mess it up now to offer big bucks to DeAndre Jordan who may come here and fold under the pressure? Or Dragic who hasn't played big consistent minutes his entire career?

This was maybe the first half year of the plan they set out to accomplish between D'Antoni and Walsh, you can't just go fire the guy now. Not until after this upcoming season is over. You need to give them time. Why fire D'Antoni and go after Adelman? A great coach but what has he done so much better than Mike in his career? D'Antoni may never be the right guy, I can agree with that. But to call for his head about 30 games into his tenure with the roster they finally wanted? I think that's #$##*#@ stupid if you ask me.
Dwight is not coming here. Stop saying his name.

There's a part of me that feels that Donnie, if he's calling the shots will at least give pringles a chance next year. If it gets bad then that's a different story but IMO Donnie is more on the side of let's see what he can do rather that a knee jerk reaction to what took place these last few weeks.

Originally Posted by Pysch

they definitely need to get rid of d'antoni

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Pysch

there's no future with this prick as coach. and we all know that's not gonna happen.

Wasn't there an article a few years ago saying if it wasn't for Phil Jackson teams, Adleman would've won most of those rings?

i think he lost one to the bad boys pistons and one to the bulls but i can't remember.

yo melo supposedly made some slick comments about the coaching situation in the post game.

i think he lost one to the bad boys pistons and one to the bulls but i can't remember.

yo melo supposedly made some slick comments about the coaching situation in the post game.
was that today??

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Proshares

Dwight is not coming here. Stop saying his name.

Spoiler [+]
DwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwight
DwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwight
[DwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwightDwight

Yea, Adelman went to the Finals I'll give him that but that was almost 20 years ago.  Yea he did more with one injured big man.  No one else on that team missed significant playing time.  I'm not buying that at all.  Mason Jr., Carter, Jefferies, Walker all probably wouldn't have spots on that roster.  Our roster is filled with people who would not have a job despite some having hot streaks, let us be real about our roster.  Houston's roster had a lot of talents and a lot of hardworking guys.  But, they lost a good amount of games to lower level teams this year to keep them out of the playoffs.  Let's not even get started with some of the bad execution and excuses for years in Sacramento.  I'm not saying he's not a great coach but let's not paint him as that much better than Mike.  The roster that we have is not great.  Not even good.  We lean on the stars.  We need a good defensive assistant, I'll say that.

basically said that he, chauncey, amare, dolan, and donnie will sit down this summer and see what we can do to make this into a championship caliber team. straight up omission of the coach. donnie isn't even under contract but he mentioned him lol

also said that "as far as the coach situation, i'm sure the front office will handle that"

the tone sounds worse when you read it. but it stuck out

pro i believe that part of the reason that our roster is trash is because donnie has to find players that only fit into his system. makes his job much more difficult. brewer is better than most of our bench. but he wouldn't play him so donnie cut him loose. barron possibly could have helped but he knew dantoni wouldn't used him.

donnie gets sheldon in the trade and dantoni humors us by playing him a bit and goes right back to his old ways. i called that one

even when he gets someone that fits into his system like randolph and moz he refused to develop them because he knew that if he didn't make the playoffs he was getting fired. i guess that goes more into survival instinct but it's not a good mentality for a coach to only care about the short term.

I'll give you that. But it's not like we have that much flexibility to begin with financially to take on more money. AR got his chance and missed his opportunity. Maybe not the smartest idea to play him especially putting him next to Love in Minny and him showing out but he did have his chance. He looked scared to touch the ball. Maybe he's one of those guys that can't take the spotlight. Moz didn't get much burn in Denver either. Brewer is a guy who is horrible with the ball and (maybe a bad call IMO) D'Antoni thought it was more of a hinderance to have him in there for defense but lose someone like Fields or Williams on the offensive side giving Brewer minutes. Plus, Amare and Brewer share the same agent. Don't wanna piss him off by not playing him.

Well, disappointed we couldn't at the least win 1 playoff game, but Boston just owned us this year.  0-8 against them
frown.gif

Still a great season, almost seemed like 2 because of the huge overhaul at the trade deadline.  We need a serviceable center(Marc Gasol type) and a point guard more similar to Felton rather than Billups. 

I have never been pro D'Antoni, but next year will be his test as the coach of this team.  He has had to deal with garbage besides this year and we need to see what he can do when our roster is a little more polished than even this year.  I'm fine with Toney as the backup point and I would also like to keep Shawne Williams.  Even Turiaf can stay on this squad if he solely brings energy off the bench. 

I agree with the idea that finding players for our roster, or Pringles liking, isn't exactly the easiest thing to do but IMO with the exception of Shawne and Turiaf (if you count him as a bench player) every other guy is a #8-#12 rotation guy on basically every other playoff team. I'm not gonna count TD just cause Chauncey's situation but how is it that every guy we bring off the bench probably fills out the last 4 roster spots on other playoff teams? Don't get me wrong, I like a bunch of these guys when they fill their roles (AC, Sheldon, even Jeffries as much as he gets hated on) but there should be no excuse for the Knicks having a bunch of borderline rotation guys next year to fill out the bench.

pro, moz aint play much in denver because they got legit big men. then he got injured. But yeah you make valid points.

i just think any talent we bring in would be wasted on him. he's not pure evil like isiah. but i dislike the whole vibe about him. his preparation leaves much to be desired. i don't think he can "read the game" if you know what i mean.

the best way i can describe him is that he's a snake oil salesmen. i'm shocked that the media hasn't destroyed him. he plays them

I say that all the time about Mike, DubA. He just doesn't make any kind of in game, rotation adjustments, that put us in the best position to win games. He's always stuck in his rotation, and doesn't really let anyone besides his stars stay in the game if they're feeling it, or are making good plays. He is a bonehead, point blank, period.

So do we root for Miami now? If they win, wouldn't it force Dwill, CP3, or D12 to come here to create a Big 3 that can take them down?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Year was a solid step forward in the right direction.  Your not going to be the Celts or even put up a fight when 2 of your 3 best players are no where close to being healthy.

Need to make a run at Marc Gasol this summer and if not him, think long and hard about grabbing Greg Oden.  We desperately need depth, sign some good veterans this summer and pray to hit a home run with our draft pick (which in this draft just means getting a guy who can be a serviceable role player).

Free agents this summer by position worth looking at.  I think we our fine at PG to be honest but we need to bring in a starting type Center, a good veteran SG/SF that would work well with Melo and make sure Bill Walker never touch the court ever again and another big to bring off the bench to provide rest for Stat.
PG:
All the top guys are restricted or have player options which they are going to take.  While I know you guys have been critical of the PG play, we should be fine here.  If Billiups is healthy, Toney is a more than serviceable backup.
SG:
J Rich: We need a 3 pt shooter at the SG spot, he would be a good look there definitely moving Landry to a backup SG position.  Prolly to pricey for us though.
JR Smith: Guy is a ****** but the talent is undeniable.  Once again we need a consistent 3 pt shooter at the 2 spot and he fills that requirement quite well.
Nick Young: Want no parts of this guy to be honest, classic guy who puts up points on a bad team.
Michael Redd: I think this is something that could actually happen.  Guy made a lot of money in Milwaukee and prolly is looking to go to a place where he could win and think he would be a good fit here since all he would be asked to do is knock down 3's.
SF:
Grant Hill: Don't think he wants to leave the Suns but maybe chance of winning could entice him to come here.  Would be great filling either the other SG/SF first guy off the bench role for us.
Tayshaun Prince: Once again prolly too pricey for us and wants to be a starter but who knows.
PF:
Kirilenko: Would be a good guy off the bench, made lots of money in Utah could be interested in coming to NY with the big Russian population here possibly?
Carl Landry: Doubt this guy leaves New Orleans but would be a perfect undersized type of big to bring off the bench.
Chuck Hayes: Prolly not leaving Houston but good energy type guy who does all the dirty work.
C:
Chandler: Hopefully the Mavs lose this series and Mark Cuban finally realized it is time to rebuild and doesn't throw 60 million at the guy.  He prolly will though cause he is Mark Cuban and overpaying centers is what he does.
Marc Gasol: My ideal guy to go after this summer but is restricted and with how bright the Grizz future looks with that core no chance I see him getting away.
Joel Pryzbilla: Prefer him to Dalembert but he doesn't pegg me as a NY guy.
Dalembert: Really dislike dude, inconsistent effort, there is a reason this dude has never been on a team worth +*!%. Really will be dissapointed if he's the C we end up with which he prolly will be.
Oden: Really think he is worth possibly taking a shot on.  Bill Walton won a championship only being healthy half a year which is what we would ask from Oden.  The little bit that the guy has actually played he has been a defensive force and would make our frontline
eek.gif
if he could and obivouly that a huge IF stay healthy.  Would rather swing for the fences with him than sign Dalembert.
Some attainable role players for a decent price;

Kyrylo Fesenko - legit 7'2 and young with some defensive skills
Troy Murphy - can't defend, but can spread the floor and rebound
Kwame Brown - had a quietly decent season but it was on a terrible team
Reggie Evans - tough hustle guy that can help on the boards
Luc Mbah a Moute - can't score to save his life but versatile defender
Reggie Williams - shooter off to bring off the bench
T.J. Ford - can't shoot but should be able to run the team
Earl Watson - same as T.J. Ford, but with better defense

Back
Top Bottom