**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Melo's Knicks debut in 60 next.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Melo's Knicks debut in 60 next.
smile.gif
Just caught the pre game festivities. Never. Gets. Old.
EVER. Felt like I was watching it for the first time.
i still get goosebumps watching that. That game and the first 2 playoff games at Boston were probably the most memorable for me.

Anybody remember the game in Portland, where we ended it on a crazy run with fastbreak dunks and oops. That game got me really excited about our team. Our old team that is.

Loved Melo's playoff game and his "homecoming" for what it represented for our future but STAT's 30pt streak had me hyped. I was #2ing all over my friends who gave up on the Knicks.

I was just having fun the other day...not my usual type of game but...
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
and no, it was not rookie, i had it on pro for this game

251658_741100332094_26302067_37598553_2903521_n.jpg

amare was on boomer and carton. i think he might be on first take too.

maybe someone can find the clips later

i heard him praising dantoni offensivley but saying we definitley need to get better at defense. i really don't like that he likes dantoni so much. i think a big part of that is dantoni won't get on him for his trash D

Stephon Marbury wasn't surprised Knicks president Donnie Walsh is stepping down June 30th because he didn't feel he'd have full autonomy of basketball operations thanks to owner James Dolan's omnipresence. "It's always been like that, since I was there,'' Marbury told me Tuesday as we sat together on a flight from Miami to JFK.

Marbury said his buyout in Walsh's first season after coach Mike D'Antoni exiled him in November would've been done immediately if Walsh was in full control. Instead, Marbury said, Dolan dragged it out until February, with Walsh powerless, allowing the dark Marbury cloud to hang over the Knicks' heads for months.

Now Dolan will look for a new president. Glen Grunwald will be interim and could keep the position during the expected lockout season.

"If Isiah Thomas could be president, anybody can do it,'' Marbury quipped.

^That just makes me realize that Dolan will always be a problem for our teams success, as long as he is the owner.

Originally Posted by DubA169

amare was on boomer and carton. i think he might be on first take too.

maybe someone can find the clips later

i heard him praising dantoni offensivley but saying we definitley need to get better at defense. i really don't like that he likes dantoni so much. i think a big part of that is dantoni won't get on him for his trash D
D'Antoni won't get on anyone though. Except maybe TD

Originally Posted by DubA169

Stephon Marbury wasn't surprised Knicks president Donnie Walsh is stepping down June 30th because he didn't feel he'd have full autonomy of basketball operations thanks to owner James Dolan's omnipresence. "It's always been like that, since I was there,'' Marbury told me Tuesday as we sat together on a flight from Miami to JFK.

Marbury said his buyout in Walsh's first season after coach Mike D'Antoni exiled him in November would've been done immediately if Walsh was in full control. Instead, Marbury said, Dolan dragged it out until February, with Walsh powerless, allowing the dark Marbury cloud to hang over the Knicks' heads for months.

Now Dolan will look for a new president. Glen Grunwald will be interim and could keep the position during the expected lockout season.

"If Isiah Thomas could be president, anybody can do it,'' Marbury quipped.
let me guess...Marc Berman wrote this piece? lol....

^^^^ DAMN I was watching ESPN the life episodes on youtube the other day and I saw that
pimp.gif

Melo cramping up in that van
roll.gif

Y'all play AAU ball or anything over the summers and remember cruising around in vans like that for like 2-3 games a day?
laugh.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Stoudemire Still Struggling With Back Pain, Says Knicks Need To Get Defensive[/h3]
Jun 15, 2011 7:08 PM EDT

Stoudemire_Amare_nyk_101410.jpg

Amar'e Stoudemire revealed on Wednesday that he continues to experience back pain nearly two months after originally sustaining an injury prior to Game 2 against the Boston Celtics.

"It's still tight," said Stoudemire, who was injured during a pre-game dunk. "It's still pretty tight. It was pretty serious. It's a muscle that takes a while to heal." …

Stoudemire also praised the Dallas Mavericks for winning the title and for doing a good job of "harassing" LeBron James. In fact, the Mavs success reinforced Stoudemire's belief that the Knicks, a team that hasn't been known for defense for more than 10 years, needs to focus on performing at both ends of the court.

"For us, no question, it's about focusing in on how important defense is," he said. "We have to focus in on that angle and that angle only. Offense is no problem, but defense is where we have to focus in on."

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ys_Knicks_Need_To_Get_Defensive#ixzz1POoBhJ8U

Back
Top Bottom