Official: 12/16 New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST

The play was a pick and roll...

Nate got a switch with Bynum at the top...

how can anyone not want that????

^^^^...and umm...not everyone in NY is a Knick fan....

We're spoiled fans and it's a big market team so there are a lot of us. While a Knicks fan might appreciate an appearance in the playoffs, delight in advancing, and name their kids Nate if they make the Conference Finals, Lakers fans expect nothing but competing for and winning titles. It may seem ridiculous to be down on a 21-3 team, but they aren't the standard in the NBA right now and that's where the bar is set for them.

161axzl.gif

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

It's simple with Mike D'Antoni coached teams:

You Live & Die by the 3

And look where it got the Knicks tonight.
laugh.gif
and the lakers barely beat them
omg Ouch. The Lakers got the W and they're 21-3. Are the fans supposed to feel bad about that?
its just the fact that he's trying to downgrade d'antoni's system

the lakers, one of the best teams in the league who's expected to make the finals again just beat the knicks by a few points

so his system couldn't be that bad
laugh.gif

Trying to downgrade D'Antoni's system? His system not that bad?

Ask Suns fans what or where it got them the past 5 years.

D'Antoni's system is only good for watching fun high scoring run & gun basketball, but you sure can bet his system isnt going to bring any team hecoaches a a championship.

You Live & Die by the 3

laugh.gif
omg Ouch. The Lakers got the W and they're 21-3. Are the fans supposed to feel bad about that?

the lakers, one of the best teams in the league who's expected to make the finals again just beat the knicks by a few points

Agreed, it's successful, but only to a degree.
My 2 cents - But it's really not that great either. It could never get them over the hump against a Spurs team in the playoffs that was focused on stoppingit. It couldn't last the Knicks long enough to win against the Lakers. It could be seen as a good system because it got them close to beating the Lakers,but it could also be seen as bad because it didn't hold up long enough to beat the Lakers.

Obviously it doesn't matter right now because the Knicks are just treading water in the mid- to late Eastern Conference seeds, but when/if the Knicks signa superstar he needs to change up a little.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

See, that's the knock I have on Nate.

Son is too little to be trying to get off a shot in the paint for a game-winner like that.

I'd rather see it as a knock on the team. They either need a better player or a set play. Wilson Chandler was money around the free throw line and they've got a lot of players that can hit that shot so they should practice some sort of intricate play for those end of quarter/game moments.
Unfortunately, the one guy who was able to drive to the hoop for game-winners like that was sitting watching the game in the stands.
laugh.gif

I don't dislike Nate at all. He seems to have found his groove with this team the past 2 seasons.

But let's be real. Asking him to drive to the hole for a game-winning bucket is tough due to his lack of size. That's not me dissing Nate. That'sjust me stating the facts.

And I agree with you. Harrington probably could have drove to the basket for us but Mike opted to go to Nate. Steph def could have made that play work, draw afoul or something.

You Live & Die by the 3

laugh.gif

do you know what is also sad? knicks were up by 15 blew it and we dont got gasol.

I'm not even gona get into D'Atnoni's system..

there are too many variables..

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, ok?

Right now we are improved, playing hard, and have direction..

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

You Live & Die by the 3

laugh.gif

do you know what is also sad? knicks were up by 15 blew it and we dont got gasol.

Congrats on beating a 7 man rotation on the 2nd leg of a back to back on the road. See, we can do that crap, too.

This post was a reminder as to what some Lakers fans bring to the table on here
tired.gif

So does anyone think Odom will start for now on since he came correct with the double double? I think heshould....

kidskillz - you're a clown
It couldn't last the Knicks long enough to win against the Lakers. It could be seen as a good system because it got them close to beating the Lakers, but it could also be seen as bad because it didn't hold up long enough to beat the Lakers.
pretty much
Congrats on beating a 7 man rotation on the 2nd leg of a back to back on the road. See, we can do that crap, too.
exactly

laugh.gif
"and we don't got gasol"

i try my best not to generalize fans of teams but sometimes i swear...

Doesn't matter. Knicks shot the 3 fairly well the 1st half, which amounts to the 15 pnt lead. You can't shoot it that well the throughout the wholegame. Eitherway, a W in the books, and like Kobe said, they have a rhythm with Pau Gasol so it took like 3 quarters to figure it out.

Did you notice how Bynum was tired @ the middle of the 2nd quarter
laugh.gif

In the end, Lakers showed good poise and came back from a 15 pnt deficit to win the game
pimp.gif

You Live & Die by the 3

laugh.gif

we don't have Gasol tonight or it would have been a blow out for the knicks

yes...3PLEDOUBLE coming through again.

I think he uses the same template for all his Laker/USC posts. Talks about them getting exposed early and proceeds with "I wouldn't be surprised if<insert ridiculous prediction>"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I had such a great time at the game.

When half time came around I was booing so loud. I am glad I wasn't the only one. This team needed to hear that. And when the team needed some rooting wegave it to them. I was AMPED during the game. I got on the big screen. I met mychel thompson outside of the team la store and the crazy enough I always make apoint to walk out of the VIP side so maybe I can met a star..... Andy Garcia walks right in front of me and I just said calmly to my fam hey its andy garcia. Istuck out my hand and he shook it. Real cool dude. Laker fans you know me I was SUITED up today. He told me I could have stepped on the court. I had the homebynum jersey on with the home warm ups and the snakepools. Breaking necks.

I had such a great time. If you guys can make it to the team LA store EVERYTHING is 35% off. The 80's throwbacks are crazy. They have cooper, scott, green,and pretty much all of the old 80's stars in there for 90. Take 35% off that. I got a home gasol authentic and some shirts for the fam for a GOOD price.

NY fans are great. I had one sitting in front of me. He knew his about basketball. We had a great timeback and forth. Crap talking back and forth such a great time.

NY thanks for a hell of game. I am on one right now. There are things I can complain about but eff it! We won.

Glad to hear you had a great time tupac, there's nothing like having the perfect seats for an exciting Laker game.

Originally Posted by tupac003

I had such a great time at the game.

When half time came around I was booing so loud. I am glad I wasn't the only one. This team needed to hear that. And when the team needed some rooting we gave it to them. I was AMPED during the game. I got on the big screen. I met mychel thompson outside of the team la store and the crazy enough I always make a point to walk out of the VIP side so maybe I can met a star..... Andy Garcia walks right in front of me and I just said calmly to my fam hey its andy garcia. I stuck out my hand and he shook it. Real cool dude. Laker fans you know me I was SUITED up today. He told me I could have stepped on the court. I had the home bynum jersey on with the home warm ups and the snakepools. Breaking necks.

I had such a great time. If you guys can make it to the team LA store EVERYTHING is 35% off. The 80's throwbacks are crazy. They have cooper, scott, green, and pretty much all of the old 80's stars in there for 90. Take 35% off that. I got a home gasol authentic and some shirts for the fam for a GOOD price.

NY fans are great. I had one sitting in front of me. He knew his crap about basketball. We had a great time back and forth. Crap talking back and forth such a great time.

NY thanks for a hell of game. I am on one right now. There are things I can complain about but eff it! We won.

mychal thompson!!!
pimp.gif
...pics?!...team LA sale?!...good looking out tupacim gonna go ask my friend if she can cop me something shes coming home for the holidays

mychal thompson!!!
pimp.gif
...pics?!...team LA sale?!...good looking out tupac im gonna go ask my friend if she can cop me something shes coming home for the holidays
No Pics. I didn't want to bug him. Shook his hand and spoke with him for a second. He was on his way to start coverage of the game.

Crazy thing....these two females ask to take a picture with me. I am with my wife, daughter and my brother in law...I look at my wife and she didn't carebut it was funny. Sometimes its a gift and a curse to be tall and look like a laker...LOL

Real talk anybody trying to clown on nate is a FOOL.

Dude was hooping out there.

Somebody please explain why you just let a man go baseline...please. I understand drew is big but you are asking for foul trouble. Fisher killed me when he didthat.

Farmar looked like trash out there. Nate was shaking him.

NY played a great game. We just played a tad bit better in the second half. Should it have been this close? On paper no. NY is the type of team that can killus. Young and full of energy. We can't seem to stop teams like that.

All I can say is great game. It was that much better since I was there. I will be rooting for NY to make the playoffs. Hopefully you can sneak in at 8 andupset the C's...

J/K

Originally Posted by tupac003

NY fans are great. I had one sitting in front of me. He knew his about basketball. We had a great time back and forth. Crap talking back and forth such a great time.
That's how all (almost all) NY fans are in when it comes to sports
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's what makes us great fans & die hards.
Good to see the dude was keeping that sentiment alive
laugh.gif

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm jealous!

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

So does anyone think Odom will start for now on since he came correct with the double double? I think he should....
good call. I like the length it gives us, plus match up problems it presents early on, and maybe he will make a push/case now to do so....

Back
Top Bottom