OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I spent 2.5 hours watching Spectre. Movie wasn't even too good but I could have spent 2.5 hours watching something worse today...:nerd:

Lets not forget fisher was not suppose to be the man for this knicks team. He was option number 2 .

Kerr is just a more capable basketball mind. Fishers a fake military captain too cool for school.

Kerr shows so much emotion, and fires his team up. Even after acheiving it all. Theyll be up 20 but if a player does something he doesnt agree with, hes fired up.

Fisher wants to act like a constant beam of calmness and balance. But he sucks doing that too. Deer in the headlights as dude

Whenever we're winning nobody says anything about the triangle

Whenever we lose, the triangle doesn't belong in the modern NBA

The only constant...

Fire Fisher

Kerr's personality is awesome. last night vs OKC he was like "We're finally in a close game...this is fun" :lol: :lol: :lol:

he's cool with the media, too. Fisher always answers questions like he's hiding something.

Whenever we're winning nobody says anything about the triangle

Whenever we lose, the triangle doesn't belong in the modern NBA

The only constant...

Fire Fisher

Point taken, but I can't remember the last time the triangle wasn't an issue because I can't remember the last game won, but Fish does need to go.

Of course when you have Kobe and Shaq, Kobe and gasol, and Jordan and pippen the triangle will work. But we got melo and that's it. KP is good but it will take him a few years to be consistently good. The triangle is supposed to have an unpredictable offense where the ball moves and reacts on the defense. But when we run the triangle the offense looks the same every play and very rarely do we get open shots. I use to think our roster was trash so the triangle won't work but we just need a better gameplan. Why play half court basketball every single play at least switch it up and try to get points on turnovers instead of iso every play then give the ball to melo last 5 seconds of the shot clock which ends up being a bad shot

The triangle will never work unless Phil coaches the team. Kerr uses part of the triangle but his team doesn't rely on it like us

Last edited:
Its the duty and responsibility of the coach and his staff to make sure the offense is working !

Time and time and time again this guy stands there with his hands behind his back ,glaring onto the court , as if overseeing the production of coca cola.

Where is the coaching?

Wheres the adjustments? The nuances, the creativity? Nothing.

His answer to get the offense going is to literally insert Sasha Vujacic. Its laughable that he just stands there as his team struggles game after game.

Theres no easy looks anymore, everything is so damn difficult. And after the game he just says "Well at times the offense was moving but at other times it seemed to have stopped"

Dawg you literally one of about 15 people in the building who can do something about that. Impose your goddam will. He has none. He is not a coach.

A post from RealGM i agree with.

"Melo said there's too much pressure to make the right play every time which is exactly what it looks like. Everyone is tight, playing it safe, thinking too much about doing it "right". Mudiay was huge at the end of the game but was horrible up to that point. Compare that to how Grant is treated by Fisher. If Grant doesn't "organize the offense" properly or misses a few shots, he's out, despite the fact that he's our best uptempo PG and playing slow is our recipe for losing. KP though is allowed to take and miss some crazy shots but Fisher doesn't have the balls to pull him. Not that I think he should but the treatment of players is inconsistent. Sasha will always get love, DWill won't. The combination of pressure to run the triangle efficiently and the inconsistent expectations of players has to be a problem in the locker room."

Guys are playing scared to make a mistake, instead of playing to win. And with that, goes the season and down goes the ship. Mentality is everythjng and its apparent that the air surrounding the team is one of confusion and fustration.

CapUE3dWAAIVFC1.jpg:large

the more we lose the crazier Melo's hats get :lol:

If I was as clueless as Fisher is in terms of coaching and was handed a coaching job on a platter, i'd literally study and copy every play in GS and the SAS playbook.

Rambis will do fine. He has a much better team here than he did with the Twolves.

At what point do we fire fisher ???

Let's not act like this team is a winning team. But the Celtics are nowhere near the type of talent we have in this roster . And they're light years ahead of us just in coaching a good coach can turn this sub 500 team to a winning team in a heart beat.

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Just heard it on Joe and Evan. Fisher is gone. WOW

I want Thibbs NOW!!!!

Last edited:
At what point do we fire fisher ???

Let's not act like this team is a winning team. But the Celtics are nowhere near the type of talent we have in this roster . And they're light years ahead of us just in coaching a good coach can turn this sub 500 team to a winning team in a heart beat.
The celtics have more talent than the knicks though

Back
Top Bottom