OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Isola wrote Phil has an opt out this summer lol I kinda want him to see this thing out for all 5 years but if hes gonna be back with the Lakers eventually might as well do it now.

Phil can go really don't give a ****. Just give us Thibbs before u do. Dude out here too busy trying to be a "architect" to a team rather then make the right decisions

yall were itching for d fish to get fired now yall question the move ? 
eyes.gif

Isnt Houston being groomed to take over after Phil ?
Houston was originally being groomed to take over as GM and before Phil's hiring yeah he probably would've eventually got the Pres. of Operations job.

Given how tight he is with Dolan and that his job security has never been in question bet he still is being groomed to take over the whole thing at some point. Ideally, Phil would succeed here, get us a championship or two, retire and it's the Allan Houston regime and era for the 2020s.

Last edited:
Wow, I was not expecting this when I came home.  Crazy.  This is exactly what I wanted and never thought would actually happen 
laugh.gif
.  But I did know that Phil is looking for moves and I can't wait to see what he pulls off.  We are gonna make the playoffs this season.  I still fully believe that.  But that's all contingent on what Phil does next.  He's gotta work some Zen Magic at this point 
pimp.gif

Isola wrote Phil has an opt out this summer lol I kinda want him to see this thing out for all 5 years but if hes gonna be back with the Lakers eventually might as well do it now.

Phil can go really don't give a ****. Just give us Thibbs before u do. Dude out here too busy trying to be a "architect" to a team rather then make the right decisions

starting to feel the same way :\

Thanks for KP, Grant, Galloway, & Pookie but you can't let your dedication to the triangle limit your head coach candidates to Brian Shaw & Luke Walton with Thibs out there. We don't have Kobe & Shaq or Mike & Scottie to run the triangle, we have Melo & a 20 year old kid.

If Phil opts in so be it, but it might be best for both sides to move on.

Frank Isola [emoji]10004[/emoji] @FisolaNYDN
Sounds like Phil is committed to hiring one if his friends who runs the triangle. What could possibly go wrong?
1:56 PM - 8 Feb 2016

:lol: @ being an architect to forming a championship team not involving making the right decisions.

Why would Phil waste his time just hiring guys who know the triangle if he doesn't believe that's what it takes for the team to be good?

It's not money. Dude went out his way to come here and do something. Could've stayed retired or just took over the Lakers.

:lol: @ being an architect to forming a championship team not involving making the right decisions.

Why would Phil waste his time just hiring guys who know the triangle if he doesn't believe that's what it takes for the team to be good?

It's not money. Dude went out his way to come here and do something. Could've stayed retired or just took over the Lakers.

Exactly. Never talk about the Zen master that way! Dude knows his stuff.

Woj said Fisher lost the locker room by not having a set rotation. Guys were annoyed not knowing what their role on the team was. Management told him to cut down his rotation & some players actually spoke to Fisher about their role but he still consistently played 10+ players.

Apparently Fisher's been on the hot seat for a few weeks now but these last 10 games confirmed Phil's thoughts.

Pretty much. Dudes want everyone to go. They want no structure at all, but want structure :lol:

Thibs or I'm walking. **** it. I don't want any parts of Shaw or Walton. Don't think they're strong enough to handle NY. Walton isn't proven and Shaw is proven trash.

I was always curious why we gave Fisher 5/25. Is that like you're typical deal for coaches? Always thought it was a lot for a new coach.

Im not expecting much in terms of a different offensive or defensive approach. Im looking for more stable rotations and rational timeouts and playcalling.

So I'm going to the Knick game today w/ my job. It'll be interesting to see how the atmosphere is now that we don't have Fish around.

I don't care how much they get paid but I will say Fisher made a great come up :lol:

Now concerning the team. If Phil is really as hands off as he says he is then our next coach won't force feed the Triangle regardless of how Phil feels. They'll know there will be moments where they have to deviate and considering this team is at its best with P&R/P&P I hope they integrate a lot of that with Kristaps, Lopez and hopefully O'Quinn. From there it'll make things easier for everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom