OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
he defintely was that dude and tbh, those guys didnt really amount to much. chandler is an average player, gallo is always hurt, mozgov doesnt even play, and felton is felton. at the time it seemed like we gave up a lot for melo, but its not like we gave up 4 all stars. granted, it wouldve been better to keep them and have melo sign as a FA, but we already know the sob story.

melo is declining like wade though. both still all star players that have those games that they take over, but its obvious theyre not tier 1 anymore.

Those guys were worth trading for melo. They were decent role players so you have to trade them for a player like melo when you have the opportunity. It just sucked that after that trade we had nothing to offer for cp3.

But when are we getting a coach? Its the only thing i look forward to with this team besides free agency

No. Pls not that trade talk. It wasn't even a bad trade at all. Never thought it was regardless of what other ppl said.

I hated you people that defended that trade lol

I still remember that day and I was shaking my head...
I'm with you.  I remember when back then when a good portion of Knicks fans bought into some of the media BS that led up to the Bargnani trade 2-3 summers ago, and I kept shaking my head telling everyone to "look at Toronto's success with that Soft Lazy Cannoli."

Years later, **** SAKES 
mean.gif

Last edited:
how about NOT trading shump for lowry?

Lowry wasn't the player back then as he is now (Pre-playoffs).

Shumpert was younger and had a lot more going for him. Truth be told, we over value most, if not all of our players. Who could forget when Channing Frye was "untouchable", even for KG?

i'm okay with that one since the 1st round pick we would've gave up became Porzingis

Good point

Last edited:
i dont think that KG deal for frye was actually realistic but the lowry trade was and dolan shut it down which was surprising... but like others have said if he were here we probably wouldnt have KP... and its still too early to tell but imo KP has a bigger upside than lowry so the non trade was actually a good thing... but that bargs trade really hurt us... i thought the 1st round pick wasnt a big deal because i thought we were going to be good for a while after that 54 win season

I religiously hated that trade for Bargs since day 1. It was honestly just a sign of that very very small window we had closing.

Last edited:
i think hes referring to the steph curry pick that we were 1 pick away from...still think we should have drafted either demar or teague but whatever thats the past... ya at least we got next years pick and after that... hopefully we not bad next year though... i want to see the playoffs soon :lol:

I thought our pick this year was going to Denver

I keep losing track of all these picks we trade away

i think hes referring to the steph curry pick that we were 1 pick away from...still think we should have drafted either demar or teague but whatever thats the past... ya at least we got next years pick and after that... hopefully we not bad next year though... i want to see the playoffs soon :lol:
In our defense Jordan hill was putting up solid numbers coming out of college . Fooled the **** out of us.

Back
Top Bottom