OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
CjwW1KMVAAALcv8.jpg:large

soon. :pimp:

View media item 2050908
yasss, come to NY, KD!

KP does look bigger *pause*

Glad someone took him to Da Heights and introduced him to Dominican food :lol:

Last edited:
While I wouldn't bet on KD coming here, I def would toss some interest at him and see what sticks. ..

realistically, there isnt a better team for him to go to. adams really emerged in the playoffs and westbrook is westbrook. there isnt another team with enough cap that is better than the current thunder team. him leaving would set himself back even further.

a lot of people say he might come home to DC. i doubt it bc it would be a lateral if not a regressive move. yeah they have wall and beal, but beal is injury prone and hes asking for a max deal this summer. other than that, their roster is weak with the exception of when gortat decides he wants to play. the only team i can see him making the conference finals with is boston. they have a ton of cap space, they made the playoffs with a bunch of roles players, and their coach is brilliant.

From the teams with cap space, I like ours and Boston's chances the best to sign him. But, I expect him to just stay for one year and leave next year with Russ.

realistically, there isnt a better team for him to go to. adams really emerged in the playoffs and westbrook is westbrook. there isnt another team with enough cap that is better than the current thunder team. him leaving would set himself back even further.

a lot of people say he might come home to DC. i doubt it bc it would be a lateral if not a regressive move. yeah they have wall and beal, but beal is injury prone and hes asking for a max deal this summer. other than that, their roster is weak with the exception of when gortat decides he wants to play. the only team i can see him making the conference finals with is boston. they have a ton of cap space, they made the playoffs with a bunch of roles players, and their coach is brilliant.
KD and WB can't co exist imo. Their personal feelings for one another manifest at crunch time. One of the reasons they were such a bad 4th quarter team. If they both stay they need to move Russ to the 2 and and get a real pg control the offense.

KP and Melo is a nice core in comparison to the other alternatives:

Wall and Beal (Wall is great, but Beal is injury prone)
Lakers (3 unproven rookies and Clarkson, meh, not much of a win-now situation for KD)
Boston (dark horse from a winning standpoint, but it's Boston)

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Great players want to play with other great players at the end of the day.

I bet Melo on that Thunder team with Westbrook doesn't lose up 3-1 [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Yup.

KD def a better player on paper but give me a healthy Melo in crunch time any day.

KD folds easier than wet 2 ply toilet paper. Not a fan of him.

Last edited:
I've accepted landing KD as being a pipe dream, but we can still grab up Conley and Batum. I know they're not the "big" names this free agency, but they'd be excellent pieces to what we're trying to do.

With the cap going up, I have NO problem giving Conley 17-20M and Batum 15-17M. By 2018, those deals will be considered "average" or "high-average" at best.

Back
Top Bottom