OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I've accepted landing KD as being a pipe dream, but we can still grab up Conley and Batum. I know they're not the "big" names this free agency, but they'd be excellent pieces to what we're trying to do.

With the cap going up, I have NO problem giving Conley 17-20M and Batum 15-17M. By 2018, those deals will be considered "average" or "high-average" at best.

I wouldn't mind this at all.

This would put us in the Top 3/4 in the East imo.

But Conley's injury history is very unsettling.

Wouldn't mind holding out for an elite PG in the next free agency period either.

He can't leave he's the main reason they blew it lol

NT repeatedly forgives and exonerates their favorite son, Russell Westbrook.

That guy cost them game 7, not KD. Where was Russell when the Thunder needed him to step up and stop KD from playing hero ball? Where was he when he shot 30% from the field when the game mattered the most? Where was he on the defensive end letting himself get screened and not hustling for the ball right when Curry exploded? Where was the demonstrative defense on Curry? Where was the offensive aggression on Curry as if he slept with his wife?

Westbrook is the one to blame, especially when he gets all the glory when OKC was up 3-1.

Durant is definitely a pipe dream but imagine the possibilities of a lineup that has him, Melo, & Porzingis :x

If for whatever reason he decides to come here Lopez is probably traded for a guard (assume it's Jeff Teague).

Teague
--
Durant
Melo
Porzingis

:x :pimp:

In a small ball line-up he can definitely play the 5. And we'll still be bigger than most teams doing that.

Looks like Batum is eager to stay put.
Jennings is unrestricted, but do we offer him a one year contract?
Imagine if Boston signed KD & Noah? I'll be tight

In a small ball line-up he can definitely play the 5. And we'll still be bigger than most teams doing that.

in that scenario our frontcourt is 6'8", 6'11", 7'3" & all 3 guys could shoot out to the 3pt line :x

Last edited:
Durant is definitely a pipe dream but imagine the possibilities of a lineup that has him, Melo, & Porzingis :x

If for whatever reason he decides to come here Lopez is probably traded for a guard (assume it's Jeff Teague).

Teague
--
Durant
Melo
Porzingis

:x :pimp:

LOL at Cleveland beating that team in the postseason

NT repeatedly forgives and exonerates their favorite son, Russell Westbrook.

That guy cost them game 7, not KD. Where was Russell when the Thunder needed him to step up and stop KD from playing hero ball? Where was he when he shot 30% from the field when the game mattered the most? Where was he on the defensive end letting himself get screened and not hustling for the ball right when Curry exploded? Where was the demonstrative defense on Curry? Where was the offensive aggression on Curry as if he slept with his wife?

Westbrook is the one to blame, especially when he gets all the glory when OKC was up 3-1.

Of course Russ shares wholly in the blame but had KD played a decent game 6 there'd have been no game 7. Russ also isn't the FA this year so he'll be back regardless

There's like 3 teams in the league you need to move KP to the 4 to face. I'm not worried about him at the five long as we have a good big off the bench to slot in when needed.

I'll compare Melo to KD once Melo learns to hit a layup.

Also no thanks to Waiters. Rather keep Galloway.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I admit I was excited when I thought we got Waiters for JR. But seeing his attitude in the WCF :x No thanks

Dion Waiters is one of the worst players in the NBA.

He's herpes in basketball form.

What's wrong with y'all? :lol:

Last edited:
KP and Melo is a nice core in comparison to the other alternatives:

Wall and Beal (Wall is great, but Beal is injury prone)
Lakers (3 unproven rookies and Clarkson, meh, not much of a win-now situation for KD)
Boston (dark horse from a winning standpoint, but it's Boston)

Lakers would have enough room to add another max player... Plus a $10mil player (up to $18mil with a little bit of cap trickery) on top of KD

And if KD said "I'm going to such and such team" Be it the Lakers in this far-fetched hypothetical. With the exception of LeBron, every Free Agent would then become in play.

Last edited:
Alright, lets get back to the more realistic free agents though....who do you think we'll get?

Don't know if we'll sign any of these guys but they're realistic:

Courtney Lee
Kent Bazemore
Evan Fournier
Tyler Johnson
Seth Curry
Steve Novak
Eric Gordon
Mirza Teletovic
Jared Dudley
Allen Crabbe
Mo Harkless
Garrett Temple

I'm really not expecting to get any stars this summer.

Just keep adding pieces to what we already have. Replacing Rambis/Fisher with Hornacek already gives us 3-5 more wins than last season.

Back
Top Bottom