OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Dudes whole week got ruined b/c we traded Robin Lopez :rofl:

You can't make this stuff up man

You know i try to be optimistic about everything. :lol:

Great, we solved our PG issue. Now we're about to give a worse, older player (Noah/Howard) $20M. We also have to throw money at another guard to replace Grant. Unless this lures Durant this trade is an L for us.

What real moves could have made with what was on the roster?

Apparently some of you think Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant could have netted back a 24 year old all star point guard in his prime. And again...some of you really would have had no problem signing a 30 year old pg coming off an achilles injury to a 4-5 year deal for max or near max money, but picking up Rose for a year at least is the end of the world.

I'm gonna ask y'all again. Those of you who hate the trade. Y'all wanted to keep last year's unit together?

He's expiring we got rid of Calderon and we got a draft pick. Not even mad.

Last edited:
Dudes whole week got ruined b/c we traded Robin Lopez :rofl:

You can't make this stuff up man

You know i try to be optimistic about everything. :lol:

Great, we solved our PG issue. Now we're about to give a worse, older player (Noah/Howard) $20M. We also have to throw money at another guard to replace Grant. Unless this lures Durant this trade is an L for us.

Nah you my dude, but let's see where things fall bro. We don't know if we're gonna actually sign any of those big men. We still got KP's young homie coming through too.

Last edited:
This trade really ****** up my week. Just when i thought we were on the right rebuilding track we do this ****.

**** man.

Man, what

This trade ain't worse than the time we traded draft picks for Eddy Curry

Or Latrell Sprewell for Keith Van Horn

Or the time we traded first round picks for Andrea Bargnani

Or when we traded Camby, Mark Jackson and Nene for McDyess and Frank Williams. In this scenario, we were looking at McDyess as the savior of the team. Hurting our cap too with Allan Houston on the books.

This trade is one the more decent trades in recent memory. 1 year contract, no draft pick was lost...not like past Knicks trades that either killed our cap or traded away the future.

Last edited:
I'm gonna ask y'all again. Those of you who hate the trade. Y'all wanted to keep last year's unit together?

It's nice to see not all of you bozo's sipping that drank.

So what if we traded Rolo? He's replaceable anyway. KP is ready to play the Center position. Part of the reason why we signed RoLo in the first place was because we weren't sure how fast KP would progress.

And last time I checked, we can go out and get ourselves a backup PG somewhere. It's not the end of the world here. We freed up some more cap space by giving up Calderon and Rolo, got an expiring and draft pick in return?

Sounds like a decent trade to me.

I just hope Phil spends money wisely

I've always admired Rose's game. I still find this hard to believe about seeing Rose play for the Knicks. So weird :lol:

Seriously, DH needs to stay away from Knicks

Who wanna be those guys?
View media item 2077762
Kidnap DH in order to give our team to sign much needed players with reasonable contracts

As of today I hate this trade. I hope I change my mind after the draft and FA.

This move feels like we took a step back only to potentially take 3 steps forward. Huge feeling we strike out on any big FA and it'll bite us in the ***.

I'm with you, I feel the same way.

But Rose only has a year left on his contract, just as long as we don't re-sign him I'll be okay.
Seems like good value.  Only downside I see here is maybe not enough shots for Porzingis with Melo and Rose on the floor.  Rose is a very weak player at this point but an upgrade over Calderon and it's great that you got a 2nd rounder back.

Last edited:
On the court: D-Rose is going to shine in a role where he no longer has so much pressure to be "the guy"... he can now be a pass first PG and create for Melo and KP

Off the court: This trade allowed us to now be an ATTRACTION to free agents, and we got the wallet to actually pull it off

this trade is is just chapter 1... I trust Phil to keep it rolling this off season

D.Rose has spent so much time injured and off the court, I don't consider him a vet.

Nor do I see him making NYC anymore attractive to free agents.

Oh and Rose is NOT getting max money from us or anyone else. Even if he has a good year. He'll be almost 30 years old with two major injuries back to back on his resume. Pshht. It's quiet for that.
A surprising bounce back season w/ a good amount of games played + cap space jumping wild amount again = GM's busting it open after they lose out on Tier 1 free agents.

I could see it happening. IDK if it's a max, but something closer to that than league avg. money.

The first part of that equation up there is the big IF though.

It's honestly impossible to judge the trade right now because so much hinges on what Rose's health/production in a contract year. Talk to me at this time next season and we'll see what's up. Cons and pros to it, it's just a question mark at this point.

Ain't 'eem gonna lie though. Any time this franchise rolls out the risky dice for a player, I brace myself for what might happen next.
D.Rose has spent so much time injured and off the court, I don't consider him a vet.
Alright, man.

Last edited:

I def did not want to keep the same unit.

When analyzed the way described it, it doesn't sound too bad.

No long term commitment, I'm not mad

someone give me 3 reasons why this is a bad trade...i'll wait...yall are making some asinine statements and this dude hasnt even ask seraphin for his jersey number yet.

the only bad thing about this trade was rolo's production to contract ratio, but he didnt do anything special. he was a serviceable center who got the job done. there are others out there that can do the job, if not better.

noah might be just as slow as rolo, but he plays with much more effort and is a good play maker.

grant is about to turn 24, so how high is he ceiling really? hes only 3 years younger than rose. THREE.

we got a PG that has a name that might attract FAs and other than conley, the FA crop for PGs is weak. now we can use the money we have to sign a big and shooter that will fit our new system better. yall are buggin if your week has been ruined by this :smh:

These Dwight Howard rumors better be ****** ********. That guy is old, a diva and always hurt. **** no. Don't want him.

I'm looking at this from a logical and optimistic standpoint. Rose still has enough cache to help lure potential free agents here. I wouldn't say the same about RoLo and Grant. He's going to be beyond motivated with it being a contract year for him with the change of scenery. If it doesn't work 100% then it's a huge salary dump going into '17

Win Win

I'm just glad when I lurk this thread from now on, I don't have to read any more ludicrous posts about Tony Wroten being a solution to the Knicks backcourt issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom