OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
All I need is the man to average 15 and 6 assists. he's not an allstar player anymore but he's no bum either and an upgrade at the position for us.

Exactly what I wanna see. But I want 7 close to 8 assists with Melo and KP as options after the penetration.

There is another 7'0 that likes to live in big cities and has history with Rose that's a free agent.

pau-gasol-scowls-at-referee1.jpg

Last edited:
Would've rather had George Hill, a shot at Conley, or Jeff Teague.

We're still without a PG. And we're about to give Dwight or Noah more than Lopez.

All I need is the man to average 15 and 6 assists. he's not an allstar player anymore but he's no bum either and an upgrade at the position for us.
If DRose can stay healthy I think 15/6 are a given. It's the health that Im concerned about. If not for those concerns I don't think this trade even happens...

Dwight been a cancer everywhere, it won't change in NY.

He wants to be the star and wants the ball. He's not getting either with Carmelo, Rose and KP. It's gonna be a disaster if that happens.

This was actually a great trade. The cons do not outweigh the pros. D. Rose and Butler was not meshing that well together. In terms of injury he played 51 games two years ago and 66 games last year. Rose only missed 16 games last year. If this is a disaster, we have $21M in cap space next offseason when Westbrook/CP3 and etc. are free agents. D Rose also isn't going to earn $20+ m's next year if he plays well and we re-sign him.

We can still afford KD or a Batum after this trade. We did not give up a draft pick and picked up a second round. The trade adds attraction and we can play an efficient style of small ball with KP and Melo at 5-4. Low risk, high reward.

No to Dwight,but go hard for KD if that fails look towards Noah or Batum.
Dirk may be a sleeper but would be ideal and can mentor KP.
Pau Gasol might be heading to San Antonio

Tell Hornacek to bring that PHX medical staff :nerd:

Last edited:
Rose is not our future PG. He's a 60 game rental.

Unless we make a splash in FA this year, this team will be Melo and KP and a bunch of open roster spots come 2017. Pretty much back to square one with an older Melo.

Last edited:
This was actually a great trade. The cons do not outweigh the pros. D. Rose and Butler was not meshing that well together. In terms of injury he played 51 games two years ago and 66 games last year. Rose only missed 16 games last year. If this is a disaster, we have $21M in cap space next offseason when Westbrook/CP3 and etc. are free agents. D Rose also isn't going to earn $20+ m's next year if he plays well and we re-sign him.

We can still afford KD or a Batum after this trade. We did not give up a draft pick and picked up a second round. The trade adds attraction and we can play an efficient style of small ball with KP and Melo at 5-4.
Are you sure about that? :lol:

Bro, rose as a rental frees us up to sign Westbrook or Chris Paul. And if he balls out he's a possibility to be resigned for less then the max.

No thanks. Idc if he averages a triple double. Constant knee issues and being the definition of injury prone. You do not resign Rose to anything near his price tag.

Once again if we strike out this FA, what makes you think Westbrook or anyone at all will come here? We'll have even less of a team by then.

Last edited:
We're tryna make a splash through FA. Thats why this deal was done. If we strike out (history shows us we will), then hopefully KP reaches his potential.

Back
Top Bottom