OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Draft is tomorrow night.

Really need Phil to do good after today's questionable move.

our biggest need is taken care of by getting rose... but now we lost our starting center... i rather have the pg issue addressed really...i hope we can sign a quality shooting guard which should be our first priority and then use the rest of the money on noah... i wouldnt mind dwight here but hes low on the priority list... even though it might not happen we have to at least entertain getting KD and hope we get an interview if that fails then overpay for a shooting guard and use the rest of the money on a center...forgot we got KP boy coming from spain this year

Last edited:
Bring in Noah on a team friendly deal no more than 2 years and hopefully have the second year be an option. Have him back up KP at the 5 and split duties and play both of them on the floor at the same time in certain situations Alah OKC (Kanter and Adams. Bring in Baze or Lee on friendly contracts if u strike out on KD or Batum

Last edited:
Ok moving on...

We need a SG with 3pt range. I know Hornacek like's 2 PG lineups but cant think of anything that'll work here with whose available. Evan Fournier or Batum has to be our guy. Both big guards capable of playing forward with great range.

Last edited:
Is not about if we land KD, as long as we put ourselves in the position to get better which we are now and possibly next year.
We can afford Noah & Jennings or Jamal Crawford

Maybe we can use that space for Noah and Evan Turner.

Last edited:
Its def questionable to me too. We wont know how good this trade is until we see who we get in FA this and next year.

I think Jeff Teague was our guy with that Lopez rumor mentioned before. Once he was off the table Phil pulled the trigger on this.

Last edited:
... and no to Fournier. only reason anyone was talking about him was because it was his final contract so he was ballin.
before last yr, no one talked about him

:rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes

To top this day off i missed my transfer on the LIRR coming home from the Mets game & ended up an hour away from my house in Far Rockaway.

... and no to Fournier. only reason anyone was talking about him was because it was his final contract so he was ballin.
before last yr, no one talked about him

Or maybe because he got an extra 15 min in playing time. There were stretches last year where he was the best Orlando Magic player.
He shot close to 40% from 3pt his entire career, respectable defender, and is only 23 years old. Dude can light it up consistently.

Last edited:
Can't believe we got Rose. He was by far my favorite player to watch before his injuries. Look forward to seeing him put in work this year. With the cap space we still have available, I'm nervous about us going after Dwight. Hopefully we don't and the rumors are all false.

If we somehow pull in KD and maybe Noah :smokin

We would be looking real pretty :smokin

this was a great trade... we got rid of lopez whos a good center but we also got rid of his contract for next summer... and jose dont play here no more thank goodness... we have a broken down rose but if hes healthy and can play like last year or better that is definitely an upgrade at point guard...it was a low risk move where the worst that can happen is he gets injured again but hes off the books in 1 year... and this year we own our draft pick so its either playoffs or a draft pick...but i think we will make the playoffs...

Rose-Galloway(we should keep wroten tho)
Krabb-bazemore?
Melo-Thomas
Kp-?? If we get Noah id love to have pau gasol but they didn't play well together in Chicago so I'm not sure. David lee??
Noah/pau/d12 - Quinn (I feel comfortable letting him the 2 this year tbh)

Isn't Jamal Crawford a free agent ?

Fournier is 23 tho. Great upside

When did Biyombo become a "two way player" ? No shade bro but he's awful offensively

These are players we should go after imo....

PG = Chalmers, Galloway, Delladova
SG = Fournier, Batum, Bazemore, Courtney Lee, Crabbe, Mayo, Korver (trade pipe dreams)
SF = Durant, Evan Turner, Lance Thomas, Solomon Hill
PF = anyone that can rebound and defend
C = Whiteside, Horford, Noah, Bismack

Last edited:
I don't hate the trade. Let's see how it pans out and what other moves are made. I'd like to see Bazemore here as well.

Back
Top Bottom