OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Sources: Free agent guard Eric Gordon has emerged as Knicks' top perimeter target. Sides starting to discuss parameters of a possible deal.

someone wake me up from this nightmare

Woj is saying Melo, Rose, & Noah are trying to get Durant here :lol:

Woj is saying Rose Melo and Noah are going with Phil to meet with KD. Noah isnt signing anything until KD tells them of his decision.
jamesdolan050321_3_400.jpg
send the boss to do business.

Dolan gonna play his ******* kazoo in the Hamptons & Durant will have no choice but to sign here.

The Joakim Noah-to-NY deal isn't done, but I'm told the fourth year of the $72 mil deal - as currently discussed - would be guaranteed.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Free agent guard Eric Gordon has emerged as Knicks' top perimeter target. Sides starting to discuss parameters of a possible deal.

see y'all tmrw smh

:rofl: welcome to free agency season ....where rumors start going wild and you don't know what is what? Who is who? And why is why? And hmmm interesting but huh?

Come the **** on. I dont mind rolling the dice on one injury prone player but this is getting ridiculous. Eric Gordon might be the most injury prone player in the ******* league. Not to mention he doesnt play a shred of ******* defense.

Smh, Knicks done Knick'd. We trade for Rose who is injury prone, and shoots an abysmal 30% from the floor since his MVP year. (1 year rental and a reset for him, I can live with that. We've had trash PGs). Now signing Noah who also is injury prone. Is a great team player and does everything well, but does nothing great, possibly best all around center in the nba. But he wants to come here why overpay if our intention is "win now". I don't get it b. 4 years too?!? Idk man.

For some reason I feel like Isaiah Thomas is behind this.

Somewhere jimmy butler is smoking a blunt holding the deuces up.

Couple things...

If this **** really goes down, there should be some crow eating taking place.

_'s were screaming not to listen to Woj like dude is just some random *** blogger with Miss Cleo sources.

Too many reputable people outchea all had the same type info. We can't nitpick the news depending on how it makes the team look.

Been saying for days the money is one thing, but the final judgment would come down to years and team/player options.

4 years fully guaranteed for a high mileage 31 year old center returning from major season-ending injury is repulsive. There's no way anyone can positively spin that. *whispers* Our biggest need is still 3&D wing players.

If the CBA does go belly up in 2-3 seasons, at least we already know which player is getting Chauncey Billups'd with the amnesty clause. There's your silver lining. :rolleyes

Still prefer his fit on this team better than most of the other options available at the 5 spot. I'll thoroughly enjoy rooting for Jo, and we all love it when a player genuinely wants to come play for NY. Yet another roll of the risky dice for the Knickerbockers though...

I had all those running thoughts and now I'm seeing Eric Gordon's name.

Eric Gordon. :lol: I swear they better invent a time machine or hire away the Phoenix Suns entire medical/training staff before the season starts...

Dog what the **** ? Too much yearly salary and too much years. This is the first "Knicks move" they've made this offseason and honestly this **** has spoiled and killed whatever buzz I had going :smh:

Dave from storage wars musta been driving the price up for the Knicks cause who the hell else were they trying to outbid?? :lol: I want to belive but I'll be long gone when the Knicks win. Somebody start a petition for James Dolan to sell the team

:lol:

I guess not even Phil Jackson can stop the thrift store full of ex-all star players we've been so keen on acquiring for the past 20 years. I was thinking the rebuild was underway, **** what the papers, fans, or what Stephen a smith say - ignore them, stay out of FA, and rebuild.

But I guess Phil even takes orders. Let's just hope we don't trade any picks. :rolleyes

Pray 4 Kris

Last edited:
I mean 4/$72 is definitely a lot, and like I said IMO it is too much, but just days ago there were reports that the Wizards were prepared to offer him 4/$120. Even if that isnt 100% accurate, I bet you they would have at least  paid Noah 4/$72 if he was interested in them (if not more), and I am sure there are probably other teams as well. Mozgov just got close to that amount from the Lakers. So let's not act like its a situation where its Knicks vs Knicks.

There were more than likely other teams throwing big bucks at Noah and he probably made it clear that he wanted to play for the Knicks but we had to make the price worth his while, and strapped with cash, Phil probably obliged that request. Now I am still waiting on an official confirmation of that number (I think the only reporter to officially make that claim thus far is Broussard, so you never know), and I still think it is too much, but saying that this is some type of situation where we are throwing unnecessary dollars at Noah is probably OD. Whatever price we end up signing Noah for is probably the minimum we would be able to sign him.

You can make the case that if that is the scenario than we should just pass on him. I wont argue that. But I definitely dont think this is the Knicks trying to outbid themselves. Phil is obviously aware that we have other needs but he seems to just be really locked in on Noah as target #1.

Last edited:
Mozgod at 4/64 vs Noah 4/72 - either way everyone is getting "overpaid" to our standards...

I will take Noah every single time

it may be cringeworthy at first, but wait to you see what other bums get :x

it is what it is... injuries are apart of the game, and if healthy this dude will run through a wall for us, and he knows our PG and respects our MVP

If Moz got that much all yall complaining need to snap in to reality.

We're not bidding against ourselves and it ain't like teams won't offer more.

And before yall say just get somebody else, please believe they're getting overpaid too.

This is sickening all around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom