OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Lol @Phil Jackson there's go the money for KD. At least Keko Jones can put that KD pipe dream to rest.

This is a bad move, I guarantee by the 2nd year of this contract people are going to call Noah all types of expletives. Why not a 2 year contract with a team option after the 2nd year?

Because we're the Knicks.

We don't put protection on traded draft picks & we throw money around without a care in the world.

If the cap goes up again next year, which it will, 18 mil isn't disastrous. It's the length of the contract that's bad. 2 years 36 mil and I'm cool with it. Him and melo hit FA at the same time and we either let them both walk and hand the keys to KP or we'll see. Phil would be dumb for giving 31 year old Noah 4 years.

Bro I'm all about Noah and everything and I know contracts are gonna be crazy this summer but 4 years $70 mil is just too much. If thats what we need to spend to sign Noah then just pass and find someone else. Honestly we are better off signing no center this summer than giving Noah THAT contract imo. 

Last edited:
I don't get why people think kp is our starting center for the future I really don't.
A) Current trend is small ball. Spreading the floor is vital and Kristaps would allow us to do that while letting Melo play as a small ball 4

B) We'd still have a legitimate rim protector on the floor if he became the small ball 5. Our defense wouldn't be compromised with him playing there.

Crazy. Some of us wanted Mozgov over Noah because we thought we might get Mozgov for cheap

And Mozgov is 5 mill away from Noah's contract :wow:

Last edited:
Woj is saying Rose Melo and Noah are going with Phil to meet with KD. Noah isnt signing anything until KD tells them of his decision.

Last edited:
I don't get why people think kp is our starting center for the future I really don't.
Honestly this is the kind of **** I just dont get. Please explain your logic on this one. Please.

I mean Noah weighs less than Porzingis right now. We watched chicken legs Tyson Chandler anchor our defense and win DPOY.

Porzingis is 7 FOOT ******* 3 and a legit rim protector. How can you possibly not see him as a franchise center?

The goal of the modern NBA is too be more athletic and space the floor as much as you possibly can. When you have a dude who is a 7'3 shot blocker, can handle all center defensive duties, but also space the floor and shoot it like a guard, that is a gift from the basketball Gods. That is what makes him so ******* valuable. You shouldnt play him next to another center just because he is able to play the 4 because he can shoot it and move well enough to cover 4s. The goal is to create mismatches in small ball NBA with a 7'3 freak anchoring your defense who plays offense like a shooting guard.

This isnt some Dirk Nowitzki no defense stretch 4 we are talking about. Porzingis is a stretch 5. He is the future of the NBA in that regard. Playing Porzingis at the 4 his whole career would be the worst possible thing we can do as a franchise and for Porzingis himself. He has even acknowledged as much.

If Porzingis wasnt Euro would you see him as a center?

Last edited:
Porzingis is more of a help defender than a "rim protector" or "anchor" on defense. Those type of guys win DPOY awards. Something i cant see KP ever winning or even being on an all defensive team.

I dont like KP at the 5 unless our 4 is a defensive player like Taj or Ibaka.

Last edited:
Woj is saying Rose Melo and Noah are going with Phil to meet with KD. Noah isnt signing anything until KD tells them of his decision.
jamesdolan050321_3_400.jpg
send the boss to do business.

Porzingis is more of a help defender than a "rim protector" or "anchor" on defense. Those type of guys win DPOY awards. Something i cant see KP ever winning or even being on an all defensive team.

Thank you . Is the contract ridiculous ?? Yeah. But I don't know where we expect to find a quality center in this league for cheap. So it what it is
Mozgof is getting 65 million!! And he's not half of what Noah is . We were getting kd y'all need to stop smoking that gas

Dolan gonna play his ******* kazoo in the Hamptons & Durant will have no choice but to sign here.

Dude averaged close to 2 blocks per game as a rookie playing 70% of his minutes at the 4. He 1000% showed glimpses of being someone who can anchor a defense word to his 7 block games vs Houston and the Twolves. Again this is a rookie 20 year old playing the 4 70% of the time we are talking about. He is 7'3 with great athleticism and defensive instincts. He has acknowledged himself that he is a center long term. 

If the Knicks cant make Porzingis a legit 5 in the next year or 2 and a defensive anchor, that is on us and an example of extremely poor player development. From the day the dude was drafted I had said he was our franchise center and so has he. What has changed since? Plugging Porzingis at the 4 long term hinders his ceiling so so much as a potential star in this league. For Porzingis to reach his ceiling, he will need to play center. It doesnt make any sense to me to do it any other way. Idk how that isnt obvious to anyone who has watched the NBA the last couple of years.

Porzingis is not nearly the matchup nightmare he should/could be when you are forced to play him alongside another 7 footer who doesnt have a versatile offensive game. The goal should be for the Knicks to have 5 guys on the floor who can run on you and kill you from the perimeter without being hurt defensively. That is what Porzingis offers. To not try to utilize that skillset is insanity.

The Warriors utilize ******* Draymond Green for that EXACT advantage... Draymond Green is 6'7 and not really a shot blocker.

I honestly dont see what Porzingis did during his rookie season that made anyone think "this guy cant anchor a defense down the road." He led all rookies in blocks per game playing the 4 70% of the time. He had some OUTSTANDING defensive night plugged in at center. Do you not think he will develop? I mean come the **** on. This is the kind of **** that annoys me.

Last edited:
You gotta give Lopez credit for doing all the dirty work defensively and placing KP in great spots for certain blocks and other defensive sequences.

Why cant he reach his ceiling as a 4? He's gonna be a mismatch regardless of whose guarding him.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, GR8

I think Knicks are trying to build what Thunder did with their big guys. Ibaka played at PF and play outside on the offensive side. Adams/Kanter took care of the board. It seems KD is comfortable with it. Not sure about Melo.. KD at SG? or Melo at SG? No clue man

The Knicks won 54 games with Tyson Chandler at center and Melo at the 4.

We havent won **** with Melo playing the 3 and quite honestly that isnt his position anymore.

The goal of the NBA is to be faster and more versatile. Create mismatches.

Imagine how dangerous we would be with a Tyson Chandler center who can also create for himself offensively and shoot?

Porzingis is not nearly the matchup nightmare he is long term at the 4 as he is the 5. 4s these days are all athletic and would be able to guard him on the perimeter much easier than 5s. Thats not even mentioning the fact that the entire offense would be dragged down with the presence of another center when we could speed up the pace with another athletic player who can shoot the ball without being hurt defensively, because Porzingis can defend like a 5 in addition to having the offensive ability of a guard.

THAT IS HIS CEILING.

The "stretch 4" was yesterday. The "stretch 5" is tomorrow.

Last edited:
No, I heavily disagree there. The Knicks won 54 games largely because of Jason Kidd.

Rebounding and defense wins chips. A 32 year old Melo at the 4 and a 20 year old KP at the 5 dont bring that.

Last edited:
Shams Charania is reporting Courtney Lee is our top target.

Also said he expects Lance Thomas to be back.

Jason Kidd, Kurt Thomas and Rasheed were why we won all those games. We had leaders and coaches on the court. Man, what a ****** season that was and then it ended with heartbreak.

Back
Top Bottom