OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Thank God for the Blazers. They saved our ***. Now that Fournier and Turner are gone, we're down to Crabbe and Lee. Either will be fine, but more than likely we can only afford Lee. And Stoudemire.

Last edited:
we might get crabbe based on the gilbert arenas provision. i doubt portland will match since they got turner and are supposedly going after dwight.

Met with KD and some people from RNS earlier today out east.

He said he's "boys" with Melo and he likes the moves they've been making. But something tells me he's doing all this for the attention and pamper. Got a gut feeling he's going back to OKC.

P.S. Some of you guys don't know **** about NBA negotiations and contract structures. No team ever starts with the number the player wants. Noah's deal is a "bargain" if you want to believe it or not. I swear, people need to stop speaking from their hearts and use their minds.

P.P.S. Don;t know how true this is, but I'm hearing Wade is strongly considering the idea of leaving Miami. Some people told me NY is in the mix, but again I'm not so sure about that one.

Last edited:
id be okay with 3/4 of any of these players...

- Kent Bazemore

- Courtney Lee

- Bismack Biyombo

- Marvin Williams

- Allen Crabbe

- Gerald Henderson

- Austin Rivers

- Tyler Zeller

- Ian Mahinmi

- Jeff Green

- Jason Smith

- Joe Johnson

- Maurice Harkless

- Jamal Crawford

- Derrick Williams

- Langston Galloway

- Solomon Hill

- Lance Thomas

- Brandon Bass

- Ramon Sessions

- J.J. Hickson

- Trevor Booker

- Alan Anderson

- Matt Barnes

- Aaron Brooks

- David Lee

- Greivis Vasquez

id be okay with 3/4 of any of these players...

- Kent Bazemore - cant afford

- Courtney Lee

- Bismack Biyombo - staying in T Dot

- Marvin Williams

- Allen Crabbe

- Gerald Henderson

- Austin Rivers

- Tyler Zeller

- Ian Mahinmi

- Jeff Green

- Jason Smith - absolutely no defense

- Joe Johnson - for the min

- Maurice Harkless

- Jamal Crawford

- Derrick Williams

- Langston Galloway

- Solomon Hill

- Lance Thomas

- Brandon Bass

- Ramon Sessions - really?

- J.J. Hickson

- Trevor Booker

- Alan Anderson

- Matt Barnes

- Aaron Brooks

- David Lee

- Greivis Vasquez - too slow

Met with KD and some people from RNS earlier today out east.

He said he's "boys" with Melo and he likes the moves they've been making. But something tells me he's doing all this for the attention and pamper. Got a gut feeling he's going back to OKC.

P.S. Some of you guys don't know **** about NBA negotiations and contract structures. No team ever starts with the number the player wants. Noah's deal is a "bargain" if you want to believe it or not. I swear, people need to stop speaking from their hearts and use their minds.

For some reason ppl think negotiations are like:

"Hey we'll give you 70 mil"

"Ok deal"

Breaking News: Hank Scorpio reports that Durant will resign with OKC. You heard it here first.

Another Hank bomb: Wade is leaving Miami to come to NY.

Last edited:
phil might be smart by not agreeing to terms yet to see what these other guys are getting paid. noah hopefully gives us a home town discount now so we can sign others.
Nah, its on the owners to not overpay. I never blame players for asking for the max...

i just want us to get a good shooting guard... but pass on jamal and eric gordon... lee is ok but nothing special... i rather get crabbe, bazemore or gerald henderson... and backup pgs id go with aaron brooks or austin rivers

Yeah in the long run with all this money being thrown around Noah's deal won't be as hindering as I thought it would be. I do think these owners are taking this expanded gap for granted though :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't realize Crabbe was a second round pick too. That means his max would be 4 yrs/$58 mil like Clarkson's right? If so Phil should have called him up as soon as they signed Turner. a 24 yr old SG that loves to catch and shoot and plays defense, is there a more perfect match??

What do you guys think about Marvin Williams?

Bazemore is out of our sights. We need to find value at this point.

:lol: at Dallas. No one wants to play for Carlisle.

Didn't realize Crabbe was a second round pick too. That means his max would be 4 yrs/$58 mil like Clarkson's right? If so Phil should have called him up as soon as they signed Turner. a 24 yr old SG that loves to catch and shoot and plays defense, is there a more perfect match??
Crabbe is restricted, and POR will match

Allen Crabbe would be perfect if Noah would take less money.
Not that I fault Noah for getting as much as he could, but...Preach.

Crabbe is getting cashed out somewhere else though. If Portland could toss $17.5M per year at Evan freakin' Turner, they're gonna lock up the young wing who could shoot.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about Marvin Williams?

Bazemore is out of our sights. We need to find value at this point.

:lol: at Dallas. No one wants to play for Carlisle.

I think no one likes Cuban. I don't think they like Carlisle, but they hate Cubes even more.

bZuFX4T.gif

Back
Top Bottom