Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

LA + Bynum > KG

35,15, 3-4 blocks > 25, 12, 2-3 blcks

edit: try matrix/jameer for KG and jamaal

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^ Get Mohammed, he'll get more consistent playing time as a starting C for the Bobcats, while Millsap only plays good when he gets playing time which is pretty inconsistent.
WOW. Literally a second after I read that and dropped Outlaw for Mohammed, I end up reading that SamVincent's moving him to the pine...??? Since then, he's only accumulated 10 PTS, 13 REB, and 0 BLK coming off the bench after 2 games. Bummer.
ohwell.gif

Should I re-add Travis Outlaw? Or is Sean Williams worth atry? He could boost my BLK category if consistent. Maybe drop Nene and Nazr for those two? Suggestions?

What the heck? My "^Agreed" was for the Kidd and Kaman. I don't know why it showed up under my other post and has the time of 2:02pm when it isreally 7:04pm.

^^^I like the trade for you. all 4 are good players but LeBron will fill every category and Deron will give you most of what CP does. As long as you have otherbig men to cover for duncan's loss i think it's good for you.

JbOi112: i say pick sean williams. as long as he gets the pt he's a nice player to have. i'd probably also take travis over nene

would you guys do any of these trades?

I have Shawn Marion and I have offers to trade him for Joe Johnson and Biedrins, or for Jason Kidd and Andrew Bogut. should i pull the trigger for any ofthese? what if i were able to get kaman in place of bogut?

Should Shaq be just dropped right now or can I get a good to decent value trade for him when he becomes healthy again? When he was healthy, he still providedgood FG%, 14 pts, 8-10 rebs. and 2 blks a game. I know he's been dropped by many owners but in a 14-man league, there really isn't anyone that canmatch what Shaq could provide at this point. What do you guys think?

I'm currently 9th place (out of ten) in my league. I have Dwight Howard on my team, which combined with the rest of my team, puts me in first place forRebounds in my league. I'm dead last in Assists. Should I offer a straight up trade for Lebron (to the guy in 10th place). He's last in Rebounds,but near the top in assists, so this trade would benefit both of us. I might drop back a few in Rebounds, but would def jump up in Assists. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by prerat

I'm currently 9th place (out of ten) in my league. I have Dwight Howard on my team, which combined with the rest of my team, puts me in first place for Rebounds in my league. I'm dead last in Assists. Should I offer a straight up trade for Lebron (to the guy in 10th place). He's last in Rebounds, but near the top in assists, so this trade would benefit both of us. I might drop back a few in Rebounds, but would def jump up in Assists. Any thoughts?
If you want to improve in assists, should you try to get someone better than LeBron? Dwight will help the dude with rebounds but you want help withassists right? I would try to package a deal for someone like Nash, Kidd, Paul, or Deron. I would want to get an elite PG to help with assists if I'm lastin that category. Not saying you can or should trade Dwight for one of those aforementioned PGs straight up, but try to make the trade even.

Should Shaq be just dropped right now or can I get a good to decent value trade for him when he becomes healthy again? When he was healthy, he still provided good FG%, 14 pts, 8-10 rebs. and 2 blks a game. I know he's been dropped by many owners but in a 14-man league, there really isn't anyone that can match what Shaq could provide at this point. What do you guys think?
I'd try to trade him when he's healthy. I wouldn't drop him though. Most likely, you're not going to find a center off the FA that canput up what Shaq can put up.

Does Shaq really has some value. He's suppose to return tomorrow but that's been delayed too. My league is head-to-head and my stats are suffering. Ilost apoint by having 10 less points than my opponent last week, those are 10 points someone could have contributed. Should I drop Shaq for Sean Williams?

^^ I think that's a good rejection. Both Wade and Artest are injury prone and could still miss plenty of games this year. Marion is still playing likeMarion so it's a good choice.

Does Shaq really has some value. He's suppose to return tomorrow but that's been delayed too. My league is head-to-head and my stats are suffering. I lost apoint by having 10 less points than my opponent last week, those are 10 points someone could have contributed. Should I drop Shaq for Sean Williams?

I wouldn't. Sean Williams isn't the most consistent player right now. He's getting better lately since he's getting more PT but Shaq doeswhat Williams would give you plus a little more. Like someone said earlier, try to move him with his healthy. best bet would probably be in a package in a 2for 1. then maybe pick up sean williams if you still want him.
Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Some guy offered me Artest and Wade for Marion. I rejected it, was i right.

Good call I think.

I got a trade offer today where I'd get Pierce and LaMarcus Aldridge for Marion. Should I do this?

He also threw out Marion and Stephen Jackson for Pierce, Aldridge and David West. My team's lacking a center which is why I'm thinking of doingthis.

the 2nd trade would give me a nice PF to replace marion and an upgrade from jackson to pierce. plus i still get aldridge. are any of these deals any good?

^^ Thats really tough trade, i would take the 2nd trade if i knew the extent of David West's injury ( isn't he injured?)

Sean Williams just got picked up in my league so I'm pretty much stuck with Shaq. It just sucks that he'll be out another week or two and that littlestats he provides could really help me right now.

As for the trade, I think the second deal is decent to good but West did not play today because of an injury so you may want to hold up on that trade. It'sa good trade though if West isn't too hurt because West has been real good lately and Aldridge gives of what West provides while Pierce is still Pierceeven with Garnett, plus Allen might miss some games or PT as well due to little neck injury so expect Pierce's shots to increase a bit.

I got JKidd, CP3, and Baron all on my team. There all in the top 5 in assists but i have no shot blockers and i'm lacking in rebounds. I want to get aplayer like Camby who can give me both but dont know which PG to offer. Who do you think is the best option?

^^^ I would definitely pick Davis to give but I would pick a better scorer as well, maybe Josh Smith or Kaman? Josh Smith gives you a lot more stat-wise andKaman gives you more pts, same rebs and one less blk per game. Camby is probably more viable though.

I got JKidd, CP3, and Baron all on my team. There all in the top 5 in assists but i have no shot blockers and i'm lacking in rebounds. I want to get a player like Camby who can give me both but dont know which PG to offer. Who do you think is the best option?

I'd actually rather give up Kidd, you're getting rebounding back, so why get rid of Baron? He's a better scorer, and you're going to get goodassists no matter who you trade. If you can do it, do Kidd. Are you that bad in rebounding that you Camby won't be enough?

Should i do this trade:

I get Wade and Carmelo

I give Marion

I think i'm going to do it

ALSO:

What about this trade in a different league
I get Baron Davis
I give Pau Gasol
I wont be hurting with rebounds even if i trade Gasol
???

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Should i do this trade:

I get Wade and Carmelo

I give Marion

I think i'm going to do it

ALSO:

What about this trade in a different league
I get Baron Davis
I give Pau Gasol
I wont be hurting with rebounds even if i trade Gasol
???

On the Wade/Anthony for Marion deal:
If you can live with Wade and Anthony high turnover ratios and your loss of blocks, then I say go for that deal. You'll dominate the points category, ifyou aren't already, you'll get the better end of the deal when it comes to assists, FT%, and steals. The combination of Wade and Anthony'srebounding total is pretty much equal with Marion's total.

On the Baron for Pau deal:
Get Baron. If it isn't going to hurt your rebounding, get Baron. BTW, is it going to hurt your blocks? I know Pau isn't performing as expected in theblocks category, but yeah, just in case Pau gets back to blocking shots, will you take a hit in blocks?

^^

Thanks for the help Paul. I wont be losing in blocks either. I haven't lost in blocks or rebounds ALL season in that particular league.

Back
Top Bottom