Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

hey guys... quick question. I'm considering a trade -Steve Nash and Jermaine O'Neal for either Shawn Marion and Chris Kaman OR Caron Butler and Marcus Camby OR a combination of the two. Not sure if any trade will actually go through, but I figured I'd try. Tell me what you guys think as far as which players I shouldsend/receive to make this trade decently fair for the both of us.

Also, after 11 weeks of play, how's my team?

Here's my roster (minus Joel Pryzbilla, whom I'm dropping again for Nazr Mohammed):
junitcv6.gif

Here's his:
yoko214xy8.gif

Thanks, guys!

That Caron/Camby trade seems the better of the two you're trying to do. If that doesn't work, you can go for the Marion/Kaman deal. And if thatdoesn't work, offer Boozer/Nash instead of O'Neal/Nash.

GIVE: Grant Hill & Richard Hamilton

GET: Vince Carter & Rafer Alson

any suggestions?

ay i need some advice.......my team has been hit with injuries and now with bynum gone it has been devastated. he was a huge reason im only 2 games back of 1ststill

PG Jamaal Tinsley
SG Stephen Jackson
G Kevin Martin
SF Gerald Wallace
PF Danny Granger
F Pau Gasol
C Dwight Howard
C Chris Kaman
UTIL J.R. Smith
UTIL Raymond Felton
UTIL Ronnie Brewer
BN Louis Williams
BN Brendan Haywood
BN Ryan Gomes
BN Andrew Bynum
BN T.J. Ford

im thinkin bout tryin to trade for a PG and jamison who i feel is underrated fantasy wise. hes averaging a double double giving you pts rebs good 3 PT/FT % anda steal per game. i am considerin tradin jackson and tinsley, maybe even bynum.

im strugglin with A/T, TOs, sometimes assists and holdin my own in PTS, REBS, BLK, and STL

I would definitely do an SJax-for-Jamison swap. Although specifically for your team, you would lose out on AST and STLsome, but Jamison provides similar PTS at a better FG%, much less TOs and more REB. I'd do it.

Damn all the way on pg 10
smh.gif

Anyway should i do this trade?

I give : Dirk and Danny Granger

I get: Josh Howard and Raymond Felton

I really need a PG.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Damn all the way on pg 10
smh.gif

Anyway should i do this trade?

I give : Dirk and Danny Granger

I get: Josh Howard and Raymond Felton

I really need a PG.

Hell no! Danny Granger gets all the burn while Jermaine is out and is putting up solid numbers. Dirk is Dirk. Josh Howard is solid but Felton is garbage.Don't let his assists fool you, dude has a horrible FG% and lots of TO's. Anthony Carter a FA? He'll give you 7-10 dimes a night.

^^ I dont think i'm going to do it, but i cant pick up anyone fro the FA because i cant drop anyone. Everyone on my team are good players. I have a TON ofgood big men. I didnt draft, it was an auto draft in a 10 man league. This is my team: PG Mo Williams (Mil - PG) SG Stephen Jackson (GS - SG,SF) G Dwyane Wade(Mia - PG,SG) - - - - - - - - - - - SF Ron Artest (Sac - SF) PF Danny Granger (Ind - SF,PF) F Dirk Nowitzki (Dal - PF) C Pau Gasol (Mem - PF,C) Dwight Howard(Orl - C) Util Chris Kaman (LAC - C) Util Carlos Boozer (Uta - PF,C) BN Andre Iguodala (Phi - SG,SF) BN Rasheed Wallace (Det - PF,C) BN Andris Biedrins (GS -C)

^ wow. you're insanely stacked with big men. pretty good ones too.

I'm not the greatest at this, but just a suggestion... maybe trade someone like Wade or Gasol and someone else for anelite PG? Wade's getting his, but the HEAT as a whole are just struggling right now. He still has a lot of value.

I need to bolster my REB and BLK without sacrificing PTS. I'm choosing between Nazr Mohammed or Kurt Thomas. Neither is consistent, but Nazr offers just a little morebalance when he is consistent. Just picks up an insane amount of TO's for a big man. Any suggestions?

^^^ I would get Mohammed because once Wilcox returns (not sure if he is back or when he will be back), Thomas might be sharing lots of minutes with Wilcox andCollison.

As for me, anybody believes it's a safe bet to drop Shaq now? I waited 2-3 weeks for him to do a 20/10 game then becomes injured and be out for 2 weeksagain. I think it will really hurt my team since I'm on a head2head league. What do you guys think?

i've thought about it as well since i recently picked up shaq. if there is a better option available, go for it. my guess is that shaq won't be playingwhen you need him anyways during fantasy playoffs.

and damn, this thread died horribly after the sticky was removed.

^^^ I already picked up Blount but Shaq is still in my line-up. I should have snatched Jaric when I had the chance but someone beat me to it this morning.Bogans is the only good option in my FA list right now and his been shunned to the bench.

My team have been struggling due to injuries for the past 3 weeks with Durant, Kirilenko and Shaq. Now I just found out Shaq, Gerald Wallace and Kaman are allinjured too. Just when Wallace is having a great fantasy stats, he gets hurt.

^^^ I personally would try to get more for McGrady if possible but it's a decent trade. Durant is struggling right now with his FG% but he is healthierthan T-Mac and you won't have to worry about him missing much game, at least not as much as T-Mac anyways. Try to get a 2 for 1 deal is possible.

I need a temporary fix for REB. I'm down by about a dozen, but I'm close to losing in TOs if I'm not careful.Who's the safest pick-up: Kurt Thomas, Josh Boone, or Joakim Noah?

Originally Posted by JbOi112

I need a temporary fix for REB. I'm down by about a dozen, but I'm close to losing in TOs if I'm not careful. Who's the safest pick-up: Kurt Thomas, Josh Boone, or Joakim Noah?
Yikes. Kurt Thomas averages about 9 rebounds with less than a turnover, but that whole Seattle squad is hard to predict. Boone is good, but STINKS atthe FT line and averages 2 TO's. Noah... who knows how much time he's going to play.

Out of those three, I'd go with Thomas.

Joakim Noah right now if your main goal is rebounds. Kurt if need some scoring. I wouldn't even consider Boone since he has a horrible ft%. Are you on aH2H league? If so, look on who has the most game left the rest of the week between Noah and Thomas and then decide. Also look into their opponents and whotheir playing against with the best big man, that might help as well.

^ RFX - Yeah, I'm in a H2H. They all play tonight and on Sunday night. Right now, if I add either of the three right now, my lineupwon't be updated until tomorrow so I won't be able to use them until Sunday anyway. For Sunday, Kurt Thomas - SAC; Joakim Noah - PHO; Josh Boone - @MIN.

Chester - I was thinking Thomasas well, but I've been hesitant because of his inconsistency and foul trouble during the past couple games. Noah looks to get some minutes since Duhon,Deng, and now Gordon may be all out. He does provide steals, but his TO's are almost as high as Boone's.

Would picking up either Thomas or Noah merit dropping Ricky Davis? He's been playing like crap even with all theinjuries over in Miami.
eyes.gif
Not sure if someone will actually snatch him off waivers.

^ Ricky will probably be scooped up off of waivers. He's played like doodoo recently, but people like to take fliers on this guy. I dropped him a weekago (someone dropped Biendris... dummy) and some dude used his waiver on Ricky. I don't feel like its much of a loss... the way he's been playing, Ican get someone off the wire with decent enough production (if needed).

Chris Wilcox was just named the PF starter in Seattle (over Collison) so I don't know what that bodes for Thomas. Probably nothing, but just a heads up.I still think Thomas would be the pick-up since all you need are rebounds, but those injuries to the Bulls are enticing. Heck, pick up Thomas and if he lays anegg tonight grab Noah.
tongue.gif

You could use the slot you trade Ricky out for as kind of a rotating door - see where your opponent is stacked and pick-up accordingly.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I got this offered to me:

I give up:

J. Calderon
D. West
S. Marion

for

Nash
E. Okafor
Rashard Lewis.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Calderon
pimp.gif

That trade still doesn't beat my gem of anoffering of...

Mine:
Dwight Howard
Paul Pierce

Their:
Deron Williams
Emeka Okafor

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Thanks for the suggestions, RFX & Chester. I ended up still losing out on boards by about 10 because his team beat mewith a 26 REB performance by Biedrins last night. Amazing.
eyes.gif

Anyhow, would you guys tell me what you think of my team so far? Losing JO hasreally cost me the past couple of weeks, but do you guys have any suggestions or sleepers I could possibly add to bolster my team and hold things down while JOis still out?

junitnm9.jpg

Also, would a Stephen Jackson and Ricky Davis for Rudy Gay and an injured BenGordon sound like a fair trade? Please let me know what else I could try instead. Thanks, guys.

Back
Top Bottom