Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](6)[/td] [td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](19)[/td] [td]Yao Ming[/td] [td]C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](30)[/td] [td]Brandon Roy[/td] [td]PG,SG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](43)[/td] [td]Antawn Jamison[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](54)[/td] [td]Stephen Jackson[/td] [td]SG,SF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](67)[/td] [td]Michael Beasley[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](78)[/td] [td]Richard Hamilton[/td] [td]SG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](91)[/td] [td]Luol Deng[/td] [td]SG,SF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](102)[/td] [td]Zach Randolph[/td] [td]PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](115)[/td] [td]Marvin Williams[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](126)[/td] [td]Chris Duhon[/td] [td]PG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](139)[/td] [td]Chris Wilcox[/td] [td]PF,C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](150)[/td] [td]Vladimir Radmanovic[/td] [td]SF,PF[/td] [/tr][/table]
Aite here's the breakdown for my squad.... Now for the record I was gonna draft Howard if I got any pick after 5 in the first round no matter what. Iwould've rolled with these picks if I had a top 5:
1) Lebron James
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Chris Paul
4) Amare Stoudemire
5) Wade or Dwight Howard... I'm glad D. Wade was picked right before my turn because I would've been hesitantdue to the fact that D Wade has been injury prone for the past two years and the way he plays can almost guarantee he's gonna sit some games due to injurythis year... Plain and simple if you drive to the basket with no regards to what could happen then there's a really good chance you can get injured on anygiven play.

Also there's no way D. Howard would've been available in the second round of this draft... NO WAY!!!

Now onto the breakdown of my squad:

Dwight Howard: He's a monster in 4 categories at least... points, rebounding, blocks and FG percentage. Sure hisFT's suck but he's so good in those other categories that I'm willing to take a chance on his below 60% ft percentage.

Yao Ming: Like Wade, Yao Ming has been injury prone the last two years at least and I know this, but when he'shealthy he's a top 10 talent in the league. He dominates the exact same categories as D12 but he shoots 80% from the FT line!!! With the addition of ArtestI see Yao getting double teamed alot less meaning that he might actually get better stat wise. That's only if he can stay injury free tho. Oh and BTW AlJefferson was drafted right before my pick but if he was available I def. would've rolled with him instead.

Brandon Roy: I absolutley love this dude in 2K and in real like... pause. He is a straight stat stuffer and IMO is abetter PG than a SG. I picked Roy cause he has the rock in his hands 75% of the time and that means he's gonna put up numbers no matter what. He can get me19pts 7 asts and like 5 rebs a game. Oh and after watching last nights game against the Lakers it looks like Roy has developed a 3pt. shot as well which is anunexpected but pleasant surprise.

Antwan Jamison: IMO this dude was a STEAL in the fourth round... 20pts and 10 rebs a game shooting damn near 60% fromthe field. Plus he's shoots 80% from the line and is good for 1 three pointer a game.

Stephen Jackson: The main reason I picked up Jackson was for 3pters, Steals and Assists. The Warriors are paper thin atthe PG position so Nelly said he was gonna have Jackson handle the rock ALOT. Meaning he might be good for about 5 assists a game. On top of the two 3pters heaveraged a game last seaosn. The Warriors were the top team in steals last year and Jax was a big part of that, so I can bank on this dude to help me out inthat category. Oh yeah Jax averaged 20 pts. a game last season too.

Michael Beasley: Straight Beast... Nuff said.
pimp.gif

I'm not gonna break down the rest of my picks because this post is already way too LONG... Simply put I drafted the best available players in the rest ofthe rounds after Beasley. I picked up Radmanovic specifically for 3pters tho.

Now if I look at my squad I know for a fact I'm gonna struggle in assists, 3 pters and most likely steals... I can't really do anything about STEALScause I don't wanna sacrifice any of my other stats to improve in that category. Also, besides D12 and Wilcox I think I can steal the FT category on mostweeks due to the fact that everyone on my squad shoots damn near 80% from the line.

Here's where I need help tho...
I really need to improve my assists and 3pters. So I was thinking about picking up Blake or Farmar. The only person I wanna drop for one of them is C. Wilcox.The problem is the league runs a two Center lineup. So if I drop Wilcox there's a possibility that I won't have an extra center on certain nights...Meaning I can't really drop Wilcox even if I wanted to. I wanna keep Duhon for now cause he's the starting PG in a Mike D' Antoni offense, meaninghe's gonna get mad assists and possibly some three's per game as well.

If anyone actually took the time to read all this, who should I pick up Blake or Farmar???
Who should I drop for one of them??? I can't drop Wilcox no matter what tho...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Thanks in advance.

All my guys are playing tonight. Who should I bench? Charlie Villanueva, Thaddeus Young, Ryan Gomes, Mario Chalmers, Andrea Bargnani, Julian Wright, RashoNesterovic or John Salmons? There are 4 spots open to start.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

All my guys are playing tonight. Who should I bench? Charlie Villanueva, Thaddeus Young, Ryan Gomes, Mario Chalmers, Andrea Bargnani, Julian Wright, Rasho Nesterovic or John Salmons? There are 4 spots open to start.

Thanks!

Um, don't take this the wrong way, but, who are your good players?
nerd.gif

Are you in like a 40 team league?

20 team league, I have Calderon, Iguodala, Rasheed Wallace and David Lee.
embarassed.gif

edit: think I'm just going to start Calderon, Iggy, Wallace, Lee, Salmons, Villanueva, Young and Chalmers.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Heres my squad again,
Im thinking of trading:
Devin Harris
Richard Jefferson
Jeff Green

and Recieving:
Mike Dunleavy
Andre Miller
Ronnie Brewer

Team Gryffindor
1. (3) Amare Stoudemire
2. (22) Dwight Howard
3. (27) Hedo Turkoglu
4. (46) Devin Harris
5. (51) Stephen Jackson
6. (70) Al Horford
7. (75) Richard Jefferson
8. (94) Derrick Rose
9. (99) Al Thornton
10. (118) Chris Wilcox
11. (123) Jeff Green
12. (142) Udonis Haslem
13. (147) Stephon Marbury

your thoughts?
or do u think devin harris is about to blow up this year? (like they've said the last 3 years
laugh.gif
)
It's a toss up for me but let's look at it...

It's no secret that you need help in the assist category so let's take a look at Devin Harris vs Andre Miller for a second.

Devin Harris, in the 2nd half of last season, averaged a point higher and an assist more than in the 1st half. Part of that is his new role in NJ compared toDallas. He averaged 15.4 points/game and 6.5 assists/game. I think that Devin won't necessarily blow up, but I think that about 15 points/game and about6-7 assists/game is where Devin's going to be this season.

Andre Miller averaged 17.1 points/game and 6.9 assists/game (higher than Devin). Take into account that Elton Brand has jumped ship so now Philly has moreweapons for Andre's assists numbers. Last season for Miller, his 6.9 assists/game were his lowest in his last 4 years. But if you look at it too, Andretook on more of a scoring load... about 13 points/game and then all of a sudden he jumped up to 17.1 points/game. Andre's shot attempts/game were around10-11 but then last season, Miller's shot attemps/game went up to 14. With Brand there, I think the pressure of scoring will be taken off of Miller'sshoulders and he should get back to his high assists averages.

On top of that, I think that Dunleavy will be better overall than Richard Jefferson.

I think that Brewer will help you with the steals category. Brewer had 129 steals last year compared to Jeff Green's 46 steals.

Thinking about it now, I think I'd do that trade.

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

All my guys are playing tonight. Who should I bench? Charlie Villanueva, Thaddeus Young, Ryan Gomes, Mario Chalmers, Andrea Bargnani, Julian Wright, Rasho Nesterovic or John Salmons? There are 4 spots open to start.

Thanks!
Out of those guys and considering you have only 4 spots open, I'd start Charlie V., Thaddeus Young, John Salmons, and Ryan Gomes.

thoughts on my team? 10 man league, had 7th pick:

2m3inw0.jpg

I think I'll get killed in assists, but I should get the blocks/boards/FG%
don't mind Marc Gasol
laugh.gif

Killed in assists with Davis, Parker, Ford and Nelson? Nah man, you'll be competitive every week.

Actually, looking at your team, its very well rounded. Good shooters, good big men... I'd drop Marc Gasol for another shooter, though.
laugh.gif

Which names are in FA?

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

So I was offered a trade.

I trade
Mike Dunleavy

For

Lamar Odom
Wally Szerbiak

I'd probably dump Tony Allen or Quentin Richardson

Do it Mitch?

My team is currently in a 16 deep league - here is my roster

Dwyane Wade
(Mia - PG,SG)

Vince Carter
(NJ - SG,SF)

Stephen Jackson
(GS - SG,SF)

Quentin Richardson
(NY - SG,SF)

Rashard Lewis
(Orl - SF,PF)

Darko Milicic
(Mem - PF,C)

Matt Barnes
(Pho - SF)

Keith Bogans
(Orl - SG,SF)

Andray Blatche
(Was - PF,C)

Mike Conley
(Mem - PG,SG)

Mike Dunleavy
(Ind - SG,SF)

Tony Allen
(Bos - PG,SG)
The thing is that I didn't know how Odom will play with Bryant, Gasol, and Bynum all together. If last night was a sign of things to come,Odom only had 6 shot attempts in 30 minutes of play. That just set off alarms in my head. Maybe a Laker fan would a better person to get advice from(TH0MAS CR0WN, what do you think
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
) so just take my advice with a grain of salt...

... I'd keep Dunleavy
nerd.gif

Szczerbiak, with the addition of Mo Williams, moving Delonte to the two and Pavlovic back and yeah, Szczerbiak isn't that good of a fantasy option.
Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

2m3inw0.jpg

don't mind Marc Gasol
laugh.gif
4 PGs look to be good in your situation because Baron's the only PG you got that will average a good amount of assists. Parker is with theassists, so are Jameer and Ford. I like your bigs... Brand, Duncan, Kaman, Ilgauskas, and even Marc Gasol
laugh.gif
. You look to do well in blocks and rebounds withthose guys on your squad. If you don't like Marc Gasol, since you're in a 10-team league, I think Robin Lopez might still be available. You can put himin your watch list and just keep an eye on him. I'm thinking he'll be a solid contributor this season.

With Baron, Pierce, Mike Miller, you have a good trio, I just think that you're going to need another guy with 3 point abilities just to solidifyeverything.

If anyone actually took the time to read all this, who should I pick up Blake or Farmar???
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'd take Farmar out of those two. But I would probably rather have guys like Marcus Williams, Chris Quinn, Louis Williams, Antonio Daniels. Don't know if any of those guys are available (probably a better chance of the first two more so than the later) because I think you said you were in a 12team league. It's honestly kind of hard to say right now because most of these teams haven't played yet but personally I would stay away from Blake.

As far as who to drop I would probably drop Wilcox.
laugh.gif
Injury concernsas well as the youth movement in OKC concern me. I would imagine that there would be another Center you could pick up if it creates a problem. Realisticallythough all hes going to give you is rebounds and and your looking pretty good in that category even if you come up one start short each week. If you don'twant to drop Wilcox then I guess you'd have to go with Radmanovic but he looked pretty decent last night starting at SF.

So... maybe keep what you have and watch the waiver wire this week to see who starts of well.

I tried to break it down but I guess I probably didn't help much.
laugh.gif

EDIT... Also none of my previous posts were meant to hate. The purpose of this post is to help each other out. I was just trying to give my opinion on yoursquad. I don't play in your league so it's hard to ultimately critic how you will perform so do what you think is best. Good Luck

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

So I was offered a trade.

I trade
Mike Dunleavy

For

Lamar Odom
Wally Szerbiak

The thing is that I didn't know how Odom will play with Bryant, Gasol, and Bynum all together. If last night was a sign of things to come, Odom only had 6 shot attempts in 30 minutes of play. That just set off alarms in my head. Maybe a Laker fan would a better person to get advice from (TH0MAS CR0WN, what do you think
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
) so just take my advice with a grain of salt...

... I'd keep Dunleavy
nerd.gif

Szczerbiak, with the addition of Mo Williams, moving Delonte to the two and Pavlovic back and yeah, Szczerbiak isn't that good of a fantasy option.

2m3inw0.jpg

don't mind Marc Gasol
laugh.gif
4 PGs look to be good in your situation because Baron's the only PG you got that will average a good amount of assists. Parker is with the assists, so are Jameer and Ford. I like your bigs... Brand, Duncan, Kaman, Ilgauskas, and even Marc Gasol
laugh.gif
. You look to do well in blocks and rebounds with those guys on your squad. If you don't like Marc Gasol, since you're in a 10-team league, I think Robin Lopez might still be available. You can put him in your watch list and just keep an eye on him. I'm thinking he'll be a solid contributor this season.

With Baron, Pierce, Mike Miller, you have a good trio, I just think that you're going to need another guy with 3 point abilities just to solidify everything.

Killed in assists with Davis, Parker, Ford and Nelson? Nah man, you'll be competitive every week.

Actually, looking at your team, its very well rounded. Good shooters, good big men... I'd drop Marc Gasol for another shooter, though.
laugh.gif

Which names are in FA?
thanks for the insight guys
happy.gif
greatly appreciated. I'mjust hoping Brand kills it and Bdiddy as well. I will probably drop Marc Gasol after I see how he does in the next few days, or maybe I'll drop himtomorrow
laugh.gif

hmm, shooters on the FA list? not many, I see Nocioni, Ridnour, Rudy Fernandez, Posey, Korver, Vlad, Duhon
alien.gif

should I drop Marc for any of them? lol

as for that Odom/Wally for Dunleavy, I'd probably keep Dunleavy although I have Odom on my own squad. Odom's performance this year is gonna bequestionable, with being 6th man and the play of Pau/Bynum. his Assist #'s should still be solid, though. with decent rebounding(6-7ish), and his FG% isalways above 50% if that matters

happy.gif
greatly appreciated. I'm just hoping Brand kills it and Bdiddy as well. I will probably drop Marc Gasol after I see how he does in the next few days, or maybe I'll drop him tomorrow
laugh.gif

hmm, shooters on the FA list? not many, I see Nocioni, Ridnour, Rudy Fernandez, Posey, Korver, Vlad, Duhon
alien.gif

Drop Gasol and pick up Rudy Fernandez ASAP!!

I hope JapanAir and Chester don't read that. Aww who am Ikidding... they live in this thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

laugh.gif
smh.gif
I'd take Farmar out of those two. But I would probably rather have guys like Marcus Williams, Chris Quinn, Louis Williams, Antonio Daniels. Don't know if any of those guys are available (probably a better chance of the first two more so than the later) because I think you said you were in a 12 team league. It's honestly kind of hard to say right now because most of these teams haven't played yet but personally I would stay away from Blake.

As far as who to drop I would probably drop Wilcox.
laugh.gif
Injury concerns as well as the youth movement in OKC concern me. I would imagine that there would be another Center you could pick up if it creates a problem. Realistically though all hes going to give you is rebounds and and your looking pretty good in that category even if you come up one start short each week. If you don't want to drop Wilcox then I guess you'd have to go with Radmanovic but he looked pretty decent last night starting at SF.

So... maybe keep what you have and watch the waiver wire this week to see who starts of well.

I tried to break it down but I guess I probably didn't help much.
laugh.gif

EDIT... Also none of my previous posts were meant to hate. The purpose of this post is to help each other out. I was just trying to give my opinion on your squad. I don't play in your league so it's hard to ultimately critic how you will perform so do what you think is best. Good Luck

No sweat man... Like I said I really appreciate the advice you've given me thus far. Thanks alot.
I posted the way I did yesterday cause I was super pumped!!! I didn't know I was coming of as cocky tho. My fault.
laugh.gif

For everyone I offended yesterday... I apologize for that.
The team I posted was in a league that had a few NTers in it so I was feeling mad competative at the time.

But for real tho... I love this community and I ain't trying to hold grudges. I'll def. post what I can in this thread to try and help cats out. I just
need to watch more games so I can give solid advice.

Thomas Crown what's good!!!???
I got $500 Mills for you in LPC ... You already know.
pimp.gif
roll.gif

I was gonna join that league you posted yesterday but it was way too late by the time I read your post...
smh.gif

Peace.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

happy.gif
greatly appreciated. I'm just hoping Brand kills it and Bdiddy as well. I will probably drop Marc Gasol after I see how he does in the next few days, or maybe I'll drop him tomorrow
laugh.gif

alien.gif

Drop Gasol and pick up Rudy Fernandez ASAP!!

I hope JapanAir and Chester don't read that. Aww who am I kidding... they live in this thread
laugh.gif

DOOOOOOOOO IT.

Pick up Rudy!!

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Not even the 4th quarter yet... J Smoove has 13 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 three-pointer, 4 steals and 4 blocks.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Look at Howard - 10 points, 10 boards, 1 assist, 5 steals and 5 blocks. Crazy.

Originally Posted by M00DSWING7

Thomas Crown what's good!!!???
I got $500 Mills for you in LPC ... You already know.
pimp.gif
roll.gif

I was gonna join that league you posted yesterday but it was way too late by the time I read your post...
smh.gif

Peace.
laugh.gif
damn, u shoulda told me u wanted to join we coulda made ita 12 man league

and I think I will pick up Rudy, but I gotta see him play once more. hmm

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Not even the 4th quarter yet... J Smoove has 13 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 three-pointer, 4 steals and 4 blocks.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Look at Howard - 10 points, 10 boards, 1 assist, 5 steals and 5 blocks. Crazy.

And 2/8 from the line
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
this guy is almost single-handedly destroying my squad..
laugh.gif

Solid game for D12 tonight... He could've scored more but he struggled early.
I hope he can get his FT's up to 60% for the season tho cause 6/13 ain't gonna cut it.

Originally Posted by M00DSWING7

Solid game for D12 tonight... He could've scored more but he struggled early.
I hope he can get his FT's up to 60% for the season tho cause 6/13 ain't gonna cut it.

Solid game is an understatement...
eek.gif

I say if Howard gets 22-15-1-5-5 every night he can shoot free-throws blind folded for all care. Honestly 20-15 is obviously something he can achieve but 5blocks and 5 steals is ridiculous. Orlando played TERRIBLE tonight. Howard and Pietrus were the only players with a pulse.

12 Team h2h league (I was 6th pick). What should I do to change my team? I feel like I need more from the SF, but then again I'll need Mike Miller for3s. Also I already replaced Bargnani with Louis Williams. I think I have too much size and not enough shooters. Thoughts? Today, I killed my comp inrebounds and assists, but Dwight is hurting my FT shooting
smh.gif

ziw0he.jpg

Back
Top Bottom