Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Originally Posted by MikeScarn

I hate being in a league where nobody wants to trade...it's so pointless

Yup, i'm playing with all my homies, and everyones really tight.

I think its cause the pot is like $500
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

Is Ryan Gomes gonna be a starter now with Brewer potentially out for the season?
I want to know too. Someone shed some light.
nerd.gif
I'm pretty sure he will be. He's started the last 8 games including tonight and is averaging almost 35 minutes in those games.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Is Ryan Gomes gonna be a starter now with Brewer potentially out for the season?
I want to know too. Someone shed some light.
nerd.gif

I manage to pick him up, and I'm glad I did. He's going to be the starter since Corey Brewer is out for the entire season. If he's available inyour leagues, grab him now.

I think Hedo is better all around, Maggette is inconsistent and FG% dips a lot.

Anyways, any word on Josh Howard? This dude
smh.gif

i wanna get rid of carmelo.. guy has been decent, but not spectacular for me this year. any idea what kind of player i can get in return if i trade him away?

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i wanna get rid of carmelo.. guy has been decent, but not spectacular for me this year. any idea what kind of player i can get in return if i trade him away?

You won't get much for him, especially since he might take some time off to heal his elbow injury.
You can either wait him out or settle for a mediocre trade.

another 1

sending:

Jamal Crawford
Devin Harris
Danny Granger,

getting:

Andrei Kirilenko
Rajon Rondo
Peja Stojakovic
Mike Bibby

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

another 1

sending:

Jamal Crawford
Devin Harris
Danny Granger,

getting:

Andrei Kirilenko
Rajon Rondo
Peja Stojakovic
Mike Bibby
I wouldn't do that trade. Everyone you would be getting in return is not going to match the stats Crawford, Granger, and Harris can all put upin a week of games.

Keep all your guys.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

another 1

sending:

Jamal Crawford
Devin Harris
Danny Granger,

getting:

Andrei Kirilenko
Rajon Rondo
Peja Stojakovic
Mike Bibby

hell to the NO.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

i shoulda traded away thad young while he was hot
smh.gif

dude is KILLING my fg%

I agree. He did get 5 steals tonight but he is just too inconsistent.

JJ Barea should be picked up in all Leagues for the amount of clutch he has in his body,
pimp.gif

Early favorite for MVP.

I should have traded away Dalembert the day after he pulled down 16 boards....

im considering trading pretty low on him right now. What can I get? Ariza? Is there a chance sam bounces back? possibly traded?

I've been offered:
Dirk
Al Jefferson

I send:
Chris Paul
Josh Smith

Should I go through with it?

It's really tempting, but I'm not to sure.

Rest of My Team

G: Andre Miller, Chalmers, Westbrook, Delonte West, Ben Gordon
F and C: Franciso Garcia, Gerald Wallace, Boozer, Scola, Jermaine O'Neal, Gomes

Nah you don't go through with that...

Calling Dirk and Josh Smith a wash is barely plausible, but Chris Paul is a lot better than Al jefferson, and although you could really use the help withrebounds and points, you'll be losing a lot of three's, steals, and blocks.

I should have traded away Dalembert the day after he pulled down 16 boards....

indifferent.gif
After that game, I thought he was gonna become a beast. You didnothing wrong keeping him because at that moment you probably thought the same.

I think Josh Smith is better than Nowitzki. He'll get you the same rebounds & 3's but with a lot more steals and blocks, averaging 2.5 in each.

As for me, I really want to bench T. Young but I would like to ask for advice for tomorrow.
I need to bench one.

M. Daniels vs. Boston
R. Brewer vs. Miami
T. Young vs. Lakers
W. Chandler vs. Cavs

I think it would be a toss up between Daniels and Young. I would have picked Young but Daniels will be going agaisnt Boston.
Unless Josh Smith is a no-go for tomorrow, then I'll bench him and play everyone else.
Ideas? Opinions?

what do you guys think..

outgoing:

al jefferson
nate robinson
carmelo anthony

incoming:

deron williams
elton brand
mike miller

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think Josh Smith is better than Nowitzki. He'll get you the same rebounds & 3's but with a lot more steals and blocks, averaging 2.5 in each.

As for me, I really want to bench T. Young but I would like to ask for advice for tomorrow.
I need to bench one.

M. Daniels vs. Boston
R. Brewer vs. Miami
T. Young vs. Lakers
W. Chandler vs. Cavs

I think it would be a toss up between Daniels and Young. I would have picked Young but Daniels will be going agaisnt Boston.
Unless Josh Smith is a no-go for tomorrow, then I'll bench him and play everyone else.
Ideas? Opinions?
I have Thad benched for tomorrow, but I'm thinking about starting him just cuz he was getting a lot of steals today...i really hope he breaksout of this shooting slump though, I'm barely leading in FG%
mad.gif

I'd bench Daniels if I were you, I just can't see him having a good game against a great D like boston.

From that list, I'd play Brewer and Wilson for sure. They've been pretty good all year.

Back
Top Bottom