Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Should I start Al Jefferson @ ORL (jefferson has been struggling, got me 8 points last time)

or start Jeff Green @ CHA (Green has been putting up solid numbers)

For the sake of being al jefferson is why I'm starting him, but Green is on a roll, thoughts?

Alright, this is my first foray into the S&T Fantasy Thread.

I just want to thank everyone in advance for their help.

I'm in an 8 team H2H 5 Cat Leage ( Points, Rebs, Assists, Steals, and Blocks)

I'm currently second and my team is:

Guards and Guard/Forwards

D. Rose
C. Duhon
K. Durant
V. Carter
M. Miller
T. Parker

Forwards, Forward/Centers, and Centers

L. James
L. Aldridge
R.Gay
C.Bosh
D.Lee
E.Okafor
B.Miller

I have been offered JKidd and Jamison for my Chris Bosh and Derrick Rose. What do you guys/girls think of the trade?

^No.

i dont have faith in jkidd in the long run compared to derrick rose who is more than legit.

chris bosh who is pushing to be an mvp this season >>>> jamison.

no

Originally Posted by JC08

I have been offered JKidd and Jamison for my Chris Bosh and Derrick Rose. What do you guys/girls think of the trade?
Bosh and Rose wins hands down.

Bosh > Jamison

Rose > Kidd

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Is it too early to pick up Agent Zero?
Nope, I don't think so. I picked him up over the weekend and stashed him away on my bench. I didn't want anybody else picking him upbefore I did.

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

Yes; he's still a ways off. I agree with this report:

Latest News:
Gilbert Arenas told TNT's David Aldridge that his injured knee is in the "high 80's," and said "If it was up to me I'd already be playing." Arenas also said "[The trainers] just want me to keep going until I get actually 100 percent this time." The prognosis of "high 80's" certainly sounds good, but we're guessing it'll take a while to get to 100 percent. And considering that he's already hinted at shutting it down if the Wizards are out of the playoff picture, we're just hoping to see Arenas play at all rather than expecting to see him anytime soon.

I guess it depends if your fantasy team can afford to have one inactive player on the squad. If you have a team that can afford it, then go do it.If you have a team that might not, then proceed with caution.

Yes; he's still a ways off. I agree with this report:

Latest News:
Gilbert Arenas told TNT's David Aldridge that his injured knee is in the "high 80's," and said "If it was up to me I'd already be playing." Arenas also said "[The trainers] just want me to keep going until I get actually 100 percent this time." The prognosis of "high 80's" certainly sounds good, but we're guessing it'll take a while to get to 100 percent. And considering that he's already hinted at shutting it down if the Wizards are out of the playoff picture, we're just hoping to see Arenas play at all rather than expecting to see him anytime soon.

I was offered LaMarcus Aldridge & Ronnie Brewer for Dwyane Wade. I rejected the offer, did I make the right choice?

My logic was Wade averages about the same amount of points, more assists and I have Duncan, David West, Lee & Gerald Wallace for boards.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I was offered LaMarcus Aldridge & Ronnie Brewer for Dwyane Wade. I rejected the offer, did I make the right choice?

My logic was Wade averages about the same amount of points, more assists and I have Duncan, David West, Lee & Gerald Wallace for boards.
If you were the one that was going to lose Wade, then you absolutely made the right choice. That's a major low-ball offer.

i really hope youre the one with dwade & if you werent u better try that trade again.

dwade is healthy, hes probably #1 in fantasy right now due to cinsistency, hes got a lot to prove

Thank you for Mike D'antoni (sp)playing Al today finally... so far he is epic and i picked him up in my 2nd league since he got dropped when he got injured
laugh.gif
. He's on pace for 40+
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Al Harrington
, NY PF, C
recentnews.png
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
@Cle
[/td] [td]
28-41 7:24 2nd

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]8/13[/td] [td] .615[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]17pnts
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

edit: nevermind... he's only shot once the rest of the quarter and missed it, and Cavs are KILLIN em..
eyes.gif

Ty Chandler and Peja having good games, nice to see.
smile.gif

Also a VERY warm welcome back to Josh Smith and last night Kevin Martin, really going to help my teams out. Only have Monta and Nate Robinson injured, andMonta I can deal with, hopefully now I'll start to pick up some of my early-season slack.

i don't know what the hell is wrong with al jefferson.. dude's been kinda off the last little while.. i'm about to propose this trade, what do youthink?

sending - al jefferson / carmelo anthony / nate robinson
incoming - chris duhon / tayshaun prince / shawn marion / manu ginobili

i'm pretty sure the guy will do it since he's asked about anthony and robinson before.. i'm just waiting for manu to blow up

hell yeah i'd do that trade

marion is in a slump right now and i think he'll break out of it. manu's a no brainer. duhon's been playing great and making few mistakes, andtayshaun is pretty good all around

Who are you dropping to get that extra player?

As far as I see it

Duhon > Nate
Tayshaun Prince+Shawn Marion = Al Jefferson
Melo > Manu

I don't know if I l ike that trade, but that's just me (I'm very against having Marion on my team, too inconsistent).

i'm going to be dropping mo evans.

the problem with my team is that i have no depth whatsoever.. i've had other people offering me trades for al jefferson, but it was pretty much a highwayrobbery for them.. nowitzki/thaddeus young/nick collison for jefferson and billups? pfft.....

I wouldn't trade AL. Dude is a beast! He's just struggled the last two games but hell even from "struggling" he has gotten 9 boards and 6blocks the other night. He'll pick it up.

Great players always pick up their slack eventually after having off-games, that's why you have to buy low on players.

(Exception is Tracy McGrady because he's always effing injured, I'm getting tired of this dude...)

hey guys any time table on nate robinsons return?

he was dropped, should i pick him up?

i also wanna pick up charlie v. but that damn hamstring, should i drop any of these players for charlie: paul milsap, jeff green, beno udirh?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

hey guys any time table on nate robinsons return?

he was dropped, should i pick him up?
[table][tr][td]Nate Robinson[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Sidelined[/td] [td]Nov 25[/td] [td]groin[/td] [td]Day-to-day[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Latest News:
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said on Tuesday that he hopes Nate Robinson (groin) and Jared Jeffries (leg) can return for Friday's game in Atlanta. That seems to rule out both players for Wednesday's game, so keep them shelved and hope for a positive update in the next few days.[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm to figure out if I should keep Dalembert or drop and pick up Oden. Any opinions?

^The 76ers are just a mess, they really have no identity.

I'd say both of those dudes are a toss up.

Back
Top Bottom