Official 2008 Atlanta Braves Season Thread (59-77) vol. We Blow

Mike Hampton is back finally....
smokin.gif

We had a 9-run 4 inning though
pimp.gif

edit - oh great Blaine Boyer screwing things up for us again.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

10-9 Phillies

Chipper Jones may be headed to the 15 Day-DL

i've heard that the Braves are really in interested in Jason Bay maybe Brent Lillibridge and another player could be traded

Jo Jo Reyes SUCKS!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jo Jo is the worst he comes in to pitch because of the long rain delay and Campillo wasn't going to pitch after the long rain delay he was smooth through 2innings.

Then Jo Jo comes in to give up 4 ER and 4 BB all in only 2 innings
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
this bum

Braves losing 7-5
mad.gif

4 game homestand vs the Cards

Morton to take the mound tonight vs Braden Looper

Hudson and Chipper placed on the DL while JoJo gets sent to AAA for another pathetic performance

Hudson's status unclear for the next few days...

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

What's next for Tim Hudson won't be determined for several days. The Braves pitcher was placed on the disabled list Monday before an MRI exam showed damage in the ulnar collateral ligament are of the right-hander's elbow. Hudson will meet with Braves orthopedist Xavier Duraldo on Wednesday. Then the pitcher will travel to Birmingham to see famed orthopedic surgeon James Andrews.

Hudson could require season-ending "Tommy John" ligament transplant surgery.

Hudson said he hasn't felt pain in the elbow. He left Wednesday's start in Florida after six innings hwen tightness in his right forearm moved toward his elbow. He experienced minor discomfort in his Sunday start in Philadelphia.

"I'm starting to wonder if it's been like this for three or four years, and is just something I learned to deal with," Hudson said Monday.

Hudson, 33, is the fourth member of the Braves' season-opening rotation to land on the disabled list, along with John Smoltz, Tom Glavine and Mike Hampton

Damn things are getting worse time to hang throw in the towel. Hudson will likely be out for the year and miss lots of next year.

^ Hmmmm......interesting. At least he's back to the AL West on a team not named the Rangers, if that happens. Looks like our season might be done ifHudson takes the Tommy John surgery.

So what's good about this Kotchman guy?
nerd.gif

Angels add power, nab Teixeira from Braves

The Angels have won the Mark Teixeira sweepstakes. First baseman Casey Kotchman and Class AA right-hander Stephen Marek are headed to Atlanta in exchange for the power-hitting first baseman. The Diamondbacks had emerged as an early front-runner for Teixeira, but the Angels maintained steady interest. They were willing to acquire Teixeira only if they did not break up the core of their roster, which has produced the best record in the majors.

Teixeira, a switch-hitter who plays Gold Glove-caliber defense, will provide a major boost to an Angels offense that has revived in July.

He established himself as a premier hitter while with the Texas Rangers from 2003-07. He turned down a lucrative contract extension from Texas and was traded to the Braves in June 2007.

Teixeira has a lifetime batting average of .286 with 190 total home runs. His best season was in 2005 for the Rangers, when he established career highs in average (.301), home runs (43), RBIs (144), and hits (194) and was selected to his first All-Star team. He is hitting .283 with 20 home runs and 78 RBIs this season.

Damn i would've thought the Braves could get more for Teixeira last year Braves gave up a package deal of 5 players and this year Braves onlyget 2.

Thanks for the news DLo i was looking but didn't find any news.

as an angels fan, i gotta say that kotch is a real solid player. he's a gold glove waiting to happen at 1st and is a pretty good hitter. he's patientand should bat around .300 every year. not a power hitter, but should get around 20-25 hrs a year. sucks to see him go cuz he was one of my favorite players

But Teixeira is a great 1B if Braves had money we would've kept him.

Quest do you know anything about the pitching prospect the Braves get?

thank you Quest Uno.

Now I wanna see how Kotchman will flourish in Atlanta. Tex would have been great for us if we had the money, but since Boras is his agent and is seeking thatmegadeal, we'd thought otherwise.

Teixeira's agent Boras is seeking 6-7 years 20 Million per year

i don't know how Kotchman plays but i would've liked to get a Starting Pitcher.

^ $120 -140 million dollars he's asking for the next 6-7 years if he had re-signed with us.
eek.gif

co-sign, I would've wanted a starting pitcher in return. Our pitching, whether its our starters or the bullpen, has been ravaged with injuries all year.

Anyways it was a great 1 year for Tex to stay with us in Atlanta. He'll do big things for the Angels.

kotchman was a fan favorite here in socal. him and james loney got compared a lot since they were both the up and coming 1st basemen in LA and more scouts likekotchman's ceiling. as good at tex is, i'm still torn on the trade. kotch was that dude.

as far as marek, all i know is he was one of the top 10 angels prospects but never really heard any hype about him.

yeah Teixeira is a beast the second half of the season he will add great depth to the Angels hitting + his Gold Glove Defense i think now the Angels might bebetter than Boston in the AL

Braves need to get some help in the Starting Rotation now or in the future the farm system of pitchers is bad

Hudson (hurt)
Smoltz
Glavine
Hampton
(can't count on him)
Jurrjens, Campillo, Jo Jo
sick.gif
, Morton
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom