Official 2008 Atlanta Braves Season Thread (59-77) vol. We Blow

Originally Posted by EG47

i just copped an ATL fitted (navy w/ the red brim) and was wondering if I shoulda copped the newer version (w/ the hammer). What do you guys think about that one?

(btw, not a diehard Braves fan but I always rooted for em' since the early 90s. probably my 2nd favorite baseball team next to the A's)

You mean the Sunday Alternate with the tomahawk? Yes you definitely should. I have that joint.
pimp.gif

Monday Double Header today @ Pirates

Another road loss.
smh.gif

Hudson better turn things around in the night game.

Great game tonight Glavine was pitching great until that inning where he gave up chase utley HR.

Chipper Jones is on fire I think he is playing better than Utley.

Blaine Boyer always has to make his relief appearance so difficult.
mad.gif
Atleast Braves got the win.

About time Glavine got his first win of the year. He did poor in the 6th but he deserved it.
pimp.gif

Chipper on that roll again. He will be the starting 3B for this year's All-Star game if he keeps the momentum up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Boyer has to do better in relief.
eyes.gif

I hope Chipper gets to be the starting 3B at the All Star Game, but it being in New York you know David Wright will be the NL 3B starter even though hedoesn't deserve it and Chipper Stats are way better than any 3B.

More Smoltz news...........

[table][tr][td]
Smoltz to be mum on shoulder

Righty won't give any more update until rehab assignment
[/td] [/tr][/table]
ATLANTA -- Over the course of the past week, John Smoltz has provided numerous updates about his shoulder. The next one will come if theBraves right-hander reaches the point where he feels he's ready to begin a Minor League rehab assignment.
That was Smoltz's message after completing a bullpen session at Turner Field on Tuesday morning. This reaction is a result of the fact he believesmultiple media outlets didn't accurately convey the message he was attempting to convey during Sunday's update.

"Today ends the reports about my shoulder," Smoltz said. "When I'm back to throwing in [rehab] games is when there will be anotherreport. It isn't benefiting me to give daily reports."

While Smoltz wasn't conveying Tuesday's results to the media, he did give some indication that his shoulder reacted better than it had this pastweekend.

As he made his way toward his locker, Smoltz smiled, pointed toward Braves second baseman Kelly Johnson and said, "I would have gotten you outKelly."

When Smoltz went on the disabled list with an inflamed right rotator cuff and inflamed right biceps tendon on April 21, he indicated that he'd take asmuch time as needed before beginning to throw again. Since that time, his intention has been to return as a reliever.

Last week, when his patience expired, Smoltz began throwing on flat ground. At the same time, he was stressing that he wouldn't truly know anythingabout his shoulder until he began extending his shoulder, while throwing off a mound and attempting to locate his pitches.

After throwing a controlled mound session on Thursday and a slightly more intense one on Saturday, Smoltz felt discomfort between his right shoulder andneck. This was the region that provided him discomfort during each of his five starts.

While talking to reporters on Sunday, Smoltz indicated that he wasn't sure when he'd be able to return. His hope had been to come back as a relieverby the end of this month.

In Monday's edition of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Smoltz was quoted as saying, "It could be anywhere between the [late May] timetable Idiscussed and a lot longer."

While Smoltz never said he was misquoted, he did say he was upset that some major media outlets ran the quote while indicating that he could be for anextended period of time.

tired.gif
tired.gif

Glavine and Jorge Campillo pitched great games in the day night double header.

Great games for Braves to win and they are on fire at home if only they could do this on the road they'd be up their in the standings.

Yunel Escobar got injured in the 9th inning listed as day to day but his leg was hurting earlier hopefully he is ok and could play tomorrow he played greatboth games and made a spectacular diving play.

Tomorrow Jurrjens vs Pelfrey.

Let's keep the hot winning at home!
pimp.gif

And if we can at least get road wins then we'll be in good shape.

I see the NL East wide open at this point (excluding the Nats).

-2 W's against the Mets in one day.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Esco gold glove play in the 7th of the second game was a thing of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom