[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

0. no kenna

1. I missed Lupe because the late MFers i had to wait for

2. I thought I was gonna get hypothermia

3. What was good with that white kid that wouldn't get off stage during nerd

4. Rihanna wasn't even bad, she covere some l.boogie.

5. What happen to that boy, who sho ya, verbal intercourse

6. They changed the order of the artist cause rihanna is big here, so i had to run back to my seat for anti-matter

7. Chris Brown was wildin out during nerd

8. No sizes for Lupe sweaters and NERD shirts, didn't even see the green one

9. Kanye was dope

10. he messed up during his closing speech but made up for it.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

How was the MTL show lastnight? My boys messaged me this morning saying "WOW" and nothing else. The diddy video got my hyped. Can't wait.

All I have to say about the MTL show is WOW, honestly I've never witnessed such excellence in my entire life. I was seated in front of the stage, noton the floor though. Me and my friend sat quickly knowing that Lupe would start on time. When that Justice beat kicked in.. OMG we were hyped as f---. After hefinished the intro we quickly ran stageside and found two seats that no one had taken (they were closed for Kanye's performance). These seats were amazing,we were at apporximately 2 meters from Lupe and at our right we could see backstage. Now during Lupe's performance, Fam-Lay came out from our right, as Istated from backstage, and came to check out Lupe. No one recognized him except me so I shouted "Fam-Lay hit me on my beeper", he smiled, noded, andgave me a dap (I don't think that he was expecting for someone to recognize him). After Fam-Lay, I spotted a dude with shades coming from the right(backstage) on a skateboard, as he turned, I saw that it was Ibn Jasper. I shouted "Ibn Jasper", turned and gave me a dap. Dudes were super friendly.Meanwhile, Lupe was finishing up, rocking the crowd like crazy. N.E.R.D. was up next and the crowd litterally Spazzed out, Spaz live >>>>> Spaznot live. During their performance, Lupe changed clothes and stood on the right (backstage, but it's lower than the stage), he was talking to someone butwe couldn't figure out who, so when that person stepped out of the shadow, we saw that it was Chris Brown, so me and my friend shouted "Chris",him and Lupe stopped looked at us and said "Wussup". We were so lucky that we found those seats, cuz everyone was watching the show and we werelooking at our right so that we could spot someone. After that Lupe and Chris went on stage (to females' delight) and started throwing cereal everywhereduring "Spaz". After "Spaz", Lupe came down from the right (backstage) and went in front of the stage to go sign the box of cereal that hejust threw. When he was passing, he reached out and dapped us, since we were the first seats and no one else recognized him off stage with normal glasses
smh.gif
. N.E.R.D. finished up and Pharrell came down to the crowd to give high fives.He did the whole front row and raced back backstage, when he was coming he stopped by us and gave us daps, so I shouted "CRS, CRS", he stopped andsaid "who said that?" looking in the crowd of people that were suddenly bumrushing us from the back so that they could touch P, so I continued saying"CRS", he saw me, stopped everyone and reached out and said "You're right, you are absolutely right!", but his statement was just likea General telling his army a statement, it seemed as though he was indicating that CRS is not just a group, but a movement. After telling me this, he ranbackstage. Everyone was looking at me, as if I'd just said something horrible or amazing. Rihanna followed, she was ok, did some hit songs, Chris Browncame back but he was standing in front of us, ignoring chants of groupies everywhere, listening to Rihanna during her whole set. Man security was on my nutsall evening, they even took my camera during N.E.R.D.'s set. But after an hour of negotiation they gave it back telling me to not take anything anymore, (Istill managed to snap a couple of pics of Lupe's set, Chris Brown, Tony Williams, Fam-Lay and Sarah Green from the back, I will post them later). NikkiJean, stopped and said hi, she's
eek.gif
. Tony Williams also stopped, amazed that someone recognized him
laugh.gif
, and gave me a dap, very cool and humble dude.So Kanye's set came, and security throwed us back to our original seats, closing the section for Kanye's masterpiece. No need to give a review ofKanye's set, as everyone said before, it was AMAZING, no other word to describe it. I'm sorry if I sound like a fanboy, but this show was CRAZY, and itwas the first time that I got the opportunity to see some of my favourite artists this close.

N.E.R.D. finished up and Pharrell came down to the crowd to give high fives. He did the whole front row and raced back backstage, when he was coming he stopped by us and gave us daps, so I shouted "CRS, CRS", he stopped and said "who said that?" looking in the crowd of people that were suddenly bumrushing us from the back so that they could touch P, so I continued saying "CRS", he saw me, stopped everyone and reached out and said "You're right, you are absolutely right!", but his statement was just like a General telling his army a statement, it seemed as though he was indicating that CRS is not just a group, but a movement. After telling me this, he ran backstage. Everyone was looking at me, as if I'd just said something horrible or amazing.
if ur not bsing us...then
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sorry I don't know how to embed.. But watch this video and at the end Nikki Jean tells you how we have the livest crowd in Montreal

Originally Posted by Mossified842345

Any Kenna at any of the shows?

I'm wantin' to know this, too. Seems he wasn't in Montreal. Was he scheduled to be there?
On his MySpace, it says he's supposed to be inChicago tomorrow night. He damn well better be...
laugh.gif

I'm finally starting to get pumped for this. I bought tickets like 3 months ago... FINALLY the concert is upon us...
pimp.gif

Kenna was at the Nissan Pavilion in DC/VA

I'm not really familiar with his stuff,
there were 2 or 3 N.E.R.D. songs that I didn't know and might've been his

but I really think he was just out there as another hypeman with Fam-Lay

Originally Posted by ZSong

Kenna was at the Nissan Pavilion in DC/VA

I'm not really familiar with his stuff,
there were 2 or 3 N.E.R.D. songs that I didn't know and might've been his

but I really think he was just out there as another hypeman with Fam-Lay

was he?

i didnt c him

Yezzzir....I jus got a free ticket and backstage pass.......can't wait till sat. CHICAGO MANG!!!!!!!!!!!

N.E.R.D. were on MTV Canada yesterday before their set at the show and Pharrell mentioned that Montreal was the best stop of the whole tour, the vibe &crowd was on another level he hadn't seen before. He mentions that artists usually have to say comments like that but he truly meant it from his heart.

With that being said....

I don't really have to break down in detail the show since people did it already, what I CAN say is KANYE > JAY live. Sorry I haven't been to the RD Show or the Fade To Black show or historic SummerJams, but from his 3 of Hov's major tours I can easily say Kanye is such a better performer. Now Lupe has been here 3 times in the past 6 months and Ipassed on all shows figuring I would see Lupe at the GITD Toronto stop.

1st the show got moved up to 6:30 so basically right in the middle of rush hour traffic AND there was a Blue Jays game and Toronto FC game going on all within5 mins away from each other location wise. I wanted to get there @ 6 to get some T-Shirts and I knew Lupe was starting on time........Last night wasn't thecase. Yesterday the weather was terrible rain on and off throughout the day and heavy wind it felt more like November as oppose to May and the venue (TheMolson Ampitheatre) is an outdoor Pavillion type Stadium.

Usually in May it's 80+ degrees but it wasn't the case so far this month, anyways I was stuck in traffic downtown for 45 mins I'm guessing a lot ofthe artists were stuck too because the show started 45 mins late. With that being said when I got there the lineup was disgusting so while in line Lupe wasfinishing "Superstar", which was the end of his set. He only did 3 songs "Hip Hop Saved My Life" w/ Nikki Jean in the building, "KickPush" & "Superstar", I timed his set from when my dude who was already there msg'd me that the show started to when Lupe finished.....hewas on stage for 11 MINUTES!.

N.E.R.D. killed their set, I was on the Floor by the left side of the stage and you could see Pharrell's cold breath coming outdue to the weather, but they were all dressed well and with the energy they were pretty warm. I didn't realize until later on one of their"hypemen" was indeed Fam-Lay, like I said before everyone broke down their set so I don't need to go in detail but I have that much more respectfor this group (2nd time seeing them) and Pharrell is VERY interactive with the crowd. My only gripe with this is CHRISBROWN I didn't expect to see him at this stop just because it's Canada, but he came through, my complaint is this.....IF your the biggest thingout right now some say the next MJ the %$#% you flying over to Canada to dance for 10 mins during "Spazz"?. I know your lady is on the tour and allbut Concert organizers/Kanye and crew should have given him a 20 min set AT LEAST or have dude perform Ne-Yo's part from Rihanna's single.

When they showed CB on the big screen the crowd erupted but it was just so stupid IMO to come out here and do nothing. Now with RIHANNA I knew damn well I didn't care to see her so after N.E.R.D's set everyone went to get food, go smoke up, get giftson the Main Concourse. My friends and I figured when the music drops for Rihanna's set everyone is going to go back sprinting to their seats thinking itmaybe Kanye or some other artist. Since we didn't care for her set we chilled while kids were running back it cleared up the lines so I got food and 3Shirts easily w/ no hassle,
smh.gif
that damn N.E.R.D. "Brain Is For Lovers" Hoody was sold out fast. I still got that tee and Kanye's"Graduation" and "GITD" Tour tees same price as the U.S. $35.

While outside my N's and I were wondering "What the hell is this broad doing other peoples songs for?" I'm hearing Lauryn Hill, I thinkMadonna I forgot who else and it's not like Rihanna don't got hits. I'm actually shocked she did "Pon Di Replay" since it seemed asthough the past few years she abandoned her Reggae background and is all Pop now. Anyways when done with all the extra *!!! I was doing we went back and caughther last 2 songs "Don't Stop The Music" and "Umbrella". She did the joint w/ Ne-Yo in which I think her man should have came and didthe vocals since he was there.

For the main act of all acts: KANYE WEST

I'm not going to break down everything in his set but he is clearly the best performers period Hip Hop wise and one the best in all genre's.To finally hear "Good Morning", "Champion", "Can't Tell Me Nothing", "I Wonder" live is nuts, you can clearly seethe direction Kanye took with "Graduation" in making STADIUM STATUS type arena songs/anthems.
smh.gif
@ people in the crowd NOT knowing the words for"Through The Wire", "Spaceship", "Hey Mama", "Jesus Walks" etc. Basically everything from "College Dropout"minus "All Falls Down" these fools didn't know.

* sidenote at this 75% of the people that had Floor Seats were 13-18 yr old (I won't say race) kids and I do mean kids who OBVIOUSLY got the best of thebest seats because of their parents who are from coporate businesses and members of office in the Government which had connects and dibs on all those floorseats. For the Toronto stop it was impossible to get Floor Seats through the Pre or Regular Sale.

Back to 'Ye, I forgot but lyrically which version of "Diamonds" was better OG or Remix? I don't get why to do the Remix if Hov wasn'tthere but hey I'm not picky with that just to hear the song again live I was amped. He did "Good Life", "Get Em High", "GoldDigger", "Heard Em Say", the encore being "Homecoming" finished w/ "Touch The Sky" in which YES Lupe Fiasco did come out.When he came sprinting out the crowd went AWOL more than likely because of traffic and the long lines 70% of the people missed his set to see him at least oncethey were glad. He did a speech at the end, was wearing it seems as though the Black Spizike Colourway of the "Air Yeezy's", you can tell thisman when in detail with perfection with his set, camera angles to have his band and DJ hidden everything just perfectly done to show why he is the best of thebest w/ live music.

I didn't see any G.O.O.D. Music artists on the floor, only people that most of you are familiar with even worth mentioning is Little X who was on the floorby the side of the stage. Overall it was the best show of 2008 so far easily, it just sucked the weather sucked but it didn't affect anyone that much BUTpeople were wearing gloves, winter jackets etc since it was so unseasonably cold. All the artists including Chris Brown went to the major After Party event @Kid Robot's new club in Toronto, I passed on the oppertunity I was tired but should have went when I heard all the artists were in the building.

smh.gif
@ The kid Pharrell brought up on stage, son looked like he was in the mirror the night before rehearsing his dancemoves by watching BET. Dude would jump up go nuts like it's a Smashing Pumpkins show then mix that with a Snap Dance/Lean With It Rock With It and dude waswayyyyyyyyyyy off beat. It was like he looked around and was confused by seeing N's on stage but Rock/Alternative Music playing. Then when P tried to getdude off the stage he wouldn't get off.

This was the first show that I actually have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more video than pictures, I'll upload them all and add it in this post tonight or tomorrow. Idon't know if it was just me and my photographer "skills" but it seems as though Kanye was so in detail with his lighting for this tour it %++!@$up how good my camera took pics, and I have a pretty good camera. It was SOOOOOO hard to get good shots, the type of lights he used not matter what would makethe pics come out dark unless the proper main Stadium lights came on which was rarely.

Anyone else have this problem?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

N.E.R.D. were on MTV Canada yesterday before their set at the show and Pharrell mentioned that Montreal was the best stop of the whole tour, the vibe & crowd was on another level he hadn't seen before. He mentions that artists usually have to say comments like that but he truly meant it from his heart.

With that being said....

I don't really have to break down in detail the show since people did it already, what I CAN say is KANYE > JAY live. Sorry I haven't been to the RD Show or the Fade To Black show or historic Summer Jams, but from his 3 of Hov's major tours I can easily say Kanye is such a better performer. Now Lupe has been here 3 times in the past 6 months and I passed on all shows figuring I would see Lupe at the GITD Toronto stop.

1st the show got moved up to 6:30 so basically right in the middle of rush hour traffic AND there was a Blue Jays game and Toronto FC game going on all within 5 mins away from each other location wise. I wanted to get there @ 6 to get some T-Shirts and I knew Lupe was starting on time........Last night wasn't the case. Yesterday the weather was terrible rain on and off throughout the day and heavy wind it felt more like November as oppose to May and the venue (The Molson Ampitheatre) is an outdoor Pavillion type Stadium.

Usually in May it's 80+ degrees but it wasn't the case so far this month, anyways I was stuck in traffic downtown for 45 mins I'm guessing a lot of the artists were stuck too because the show started 45 mins late. With that being said when I got there the lineup was disgusting so while in line Lupe was finishing "Superstar", which was the end of his set. He only did 3 songs "Hip Hop Saved My Life" w/ Nikki Jean in the building, "Kick Push" & "Superstar", I timed his set from when my dude who was already there msg'd me that the show started to when Lupe finished.....he was on stage for 11 MINUTES!.

N.E.R.D. killed their set, I was on the Floor by the left side of the stage and you could see Pharrell's cold breath coming out due to the weather, but they were all dressed well and with the energy they were pretty warm. I didn't realize until later on one of their "hypemen" was indeed Fam-Lay, like I said before everyone broke down their set so I don't need to go in detail but I have that much more respect for this group (2nd time seeing them) and Pharrell is VERY interactive with the crowd. My only gripe with this is CHRIS BROWN I didn't expect to see him at this stop just because it's Canada, but he came through, my complaint is this.....IF your the biggest thing out right now some say the next MJ the %$#% you flying over to Canada to dance for 10 mins during "Spazz"?. I know your lady is on the tour and all but Concert organizers/Kanye and crew should have given him a 20 min set AT LEAST or have dude perform Ne-Yo's part from Rihanna's single.

When they showed CB on the big screen the crowd erupted but it was just so stupid IMO to come out here and do nothing. Now with RIHANNA I knew damn well I didn't care to see her so after N.E.R.D's set everyone went to get food, go smoke up, get gifts on the Main Concourse. My friends and I figured when the music drops for Rihanna's set everyone is going to go back sprinting to their seats thinking it maybe Kanye or some other artist. Since we didn't care for her set we chilled while kids were running back it cleared up the lines so I got food and 3 Shirts easily w/ no hassle,
smh.gif
that damn N.E.R.D. "Brain Is For Lovers" Hoody was sold out fast. I still got that tee and Kanye's "Graduation" and "GITD" Tour tees same price as the U.S. $35.

While outside my N's and I were wondering "What the hell is this broad doing other peoples songs for?" I'm hearing Lauryn Hill, I think Madonna I forgot who else and it's not like Rihanna don't got hits. I'm actually shocked she did "Pon Di Replay" since it seemed as though the past few years she abandoned her Reggae background and is all Pop now. Anyways when done with all the extra *!!! I was doing we went back and caught her last 2 songs "Don't Stop The Music" and "Umbrella". She did the joint w/ Ne-Yo in which I think her man should have came and did the vocals since he was there.

For the main act of all acts: KANYE WEST

I'm not going to break down everything in his set but he is clearly the best performers period Hip Hop wise and one the best in all genre's. To finally hear "Good Morning", "Champion", "Can't Tell Me Nothing", "I Wonder" live is nuts, you can clearly see the direction Kanye took with "Graduation" in making STADIUM STATUS type arena songs/anthems.
smh.gif
@ people in the crowd NOT knowing the words for "Through The Wire", "Spaceship", "Hey Mama", "Jesus Walks" etc. Basically everything from "College Dropout" minus "All Falls Down" these fools didn't know.

* sidenote at this 75% of the people that had Floor Seats were 13-18 yr old (I won't say race) kids and I do mean kids who OBVIOUSLY got the best of the best seats because of their parents who are from coporate businesses and members of office in the Government which had connects and dibs on all those floor seats. For the Toronto stop it was impossible to get Floor Seats through the Pre or Regular Sale.

Back to 'Ye, I forgot but lyrically which version of "Diamonds" was better OG or Remix? I don't get why to do the Remix if Hov wasn't there but hey I'm not picky with that just to hear the song again live I was amped. He did "Good Life", "Get Em High", "Gold Digger", "Heard Em Say", the encore being "Homecoming" finished w/ "Touch The Sky" in which YES Lupe Fiasco did come out. When he came sprinting out the crowd went AWOL more than likely because of traffic and the long lines 70% of the people missed his set to see him at least once they were glad. He did a speech at the end, was wearing it seems as though the Black Spizike Colourway of the "Air Yeezy's", you can tell this man when in detail with perfection with his set, camera angles to have his band and DJ hidden everything just perfectly done to show why he is the best of the best w/ live music.

I didn't see any G.O.O.D. Music artists on the floor, only people that most of you are familiar with even worth mentioning is Little X who was on the floor by the side of the stage. Overall it was the best show of 2008 so far easily, it just sucked the weather sucked but it didn't affect anyone that much BUT people were wearing gloves, winter jackets etc since it was so unseasonably cold. All the artists including Chris Brown went to the major After Party event @ Kid Robot's new club in Toronto, I passed on the oppertunity I was tired but should have went when I heard all the artists were in the building.

smh.gif
@ The kid Pharrell brought up on stage, son looked like he was in the mirror the night before rehearsing his dance moves by watching BET. Dude would jump up go nuts like it's a Smashing Pumpkins show then mix that with a Snap Dance/Lean With It Rock With It and dude was wayyyyyyyyyyy off beat. It was like he looked around and was confused by seeing N's on stage but Rock/Alternative Music playing. Then when P tried to get dude off the stage he wouldn't get off.

This was the first show that I actually have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more video than pictures, I'll upload them all and add it in this post tonight or tomorrow. I don't know if it was just me and my photographer "skills" but it seems as though Kanye was so in detail with his lighting for this tour it %++!@$ up how good my camera took pics, and I have a pretty good camera. It was SOOOOOO hard to get good shots, the type of lights he used not matter what would make the pics come out dark unless the proper main Stadium lights came on which was rarely.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yo good review. Glad you enjoyed yourself my dude.

BUT WOOOOOOOORD ON THAT CAMERA ISSUE. It was almost damn near imposssible to get a good shot because of all the intricate lighting. Everything had to bejust right for you to get a decent shot. The screen in the background didn't help the cause either.

Originally Posted by FPListheillest

Sorry I don't know how to embed.. But watch this video and at the end Nikki Jean tells you how we have the livest crowd in Montreal

You're also forgetting that the Bell Centre is one of the loudest arenas in the world.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by FPListheillest

You're also forgetting that the Bell Centre is one of the loudest arenas in the world.

laugh.gif
no worries my man, I'm proudly aware of our loudness and liveness during shows.
and TDOt I had the same problem with my camera during Kanye's set, only good pics I took were from Lupe's set (they took my camera away during N.E.R.D.as stated earlier
laugh.gif
)

Kanye
pimp.gif

Only reason Toronto wasn't as live was because we were outdoors in the cold, rainy weather for 5 hours.

Otherwise you know damn well Toronto woulda blew Montreal out the water!

Plus we were all blunted
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ I dont think so my man, not dissing T.O. or nothing..but we have the livest crowd, and we were maaaaad blunted! the bar from "Get Em High" said itperfectly for the show "all the girls pass the weed to your mfin man"
laugh.gif
...anyways a GREAT show is a GREAT show no matter where it is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

N.E.R.D. finished up and Pharrell came down to the crowd to give high fives. He did the whole front row and raced back backstage, when he was coming he stopped by us and gave us daps, so I shouted "CRS, CRS", he stopped and said "who said that?" looking in the crowd of people that were suddenly bumrushing us from the back so that they could touch P, so I continued saying "CRS", he saw me, stopped everyone and reached out and said "You're right, you are absolutely right!", but his statement was just like a General telling his army a statement, it seemed as though he was indicating that CRS is not just a group, but a movement. After telling me this, he ran backstage. Everyone was looking at me, as if I'd just said something horrible or amazing.
if ur not bsing us...then
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

whats CRS?
embarassed.gif

Just got back from the concert tonight. No need to say it but.....it was AMAZING!

me and my boy had floor C row 19 we snuck our way to row 10 and became friends with the security guard. When they say Lupe starts at 7 they actually mean that#%%%. This $*@@% trully started at 7, not 7:01, not 7:15, but 7. I got to witness a fight, one dude got ROCKED right inthe face, one of my boys got kicked out for taking a piss on the floor IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARENA DUMB $*@@%! (he was throwed)
smh.gif

My eyes went
eek.gif
when Pharell pointed to the crowd and ACTUALLY STARTEDPULLING PEOPLE OUT OF THE CROWD TO COME ON STAGE FOR THEIR WHOLE SET! I was mad salty cause these 2 goofy dude like 3 rows ahead of us got to go on stage forPhor Reals whole set. N.E.R.D was HYPE AS #@+*! nuff said...also chris breezy came out during Spazz out. They also played ADHD
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Rhianna sucked. But I was forced to sit and watch because, if I would have moved I would have lost the seat I stole
eyes.gif

Kanye's set......you know the deal dont even need to say much more. But the security guards were on INSTANT HATE for Kanye's set. They were brick bootytight on people. Thank god I got real cool with one of the security guards or else I would have been sent to the back. The security seriously ruined like 3 ofKanye's songs because they breaking up people standing in the isle, and they were getting in to shouting matches with other people, security = wackness onso many types of levels.

also there was A LOT purp cloudin' the air.

The show tonight was amazing!!!! I was so hype throughout the whole concert well that is besides Rihanna
laugh.gif
. Kanye's energy is
eek.gif
. Omg, he was giving200% and when he was dancing after Flashing Lights and Jesus Walks...I had a fit! Ohhh, his intro into Golddigger was hilarious. Got all the girls hype! I hada great time.

One thing I wanted to ask was at one point during Kanye's set he went to the corner and was sitting on one of those "Hills" and there was somesong playing like an interlude and the crowd was going nuts to it in my area no disrespect but it was mainly White people going nuts to this song I'venever heard.

Was it a song by Justice?

^no

Journey-don't stop believing

when i heard this i was like the hell....but then it all made sense. one of his moms fav tracks, and something that gives him motivation to continue doing whathe does. He plays this always now after hey mama

Back
Top Bottom