..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

So long as Lou doesn't pull a pitcher in anticipation for a Game 4 that isn't even there yet, I'm good. I think Demp deserves to start Game 1, butthen again I hope it doesn't mess with Z's confidence.

I'd love to see....

for NLDS:
Z
Demps
Harden
Lilly

and for NLCS and WS:

Z
Demps
Lilly
Harden

for the R,R,L,R combo...mix in the lefty in the middle of the rotation...regardless this is a good problem to have
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Demp has to pitch at home regardless because of how well he has pitched there. And Z and Harden both are great guys to have throw a game 3 on the road. They're nasty enough to slow any mo the crowd gets real quick. Either way.
pimp.gif
at three tough choices.

On second thought, I would go with what Tylerdub heard on the radio....Dempster/Harden/Z/Lilly

One thing we have to consider are the matchups. If we play a team where a lefty just dominated them, maybe Lilly gets bumped to second. Lilly has been lightsout lately.

I simply love Harden - guy is unhittable when hes on, but dude doesn't really go past the 6th/7th. Because of Zambrano's temperment and because someemotional incidents (passing of his grandmother), we need to make him our 2nd or 3rd starter. I think Dempster has proven to be our #1. Plus like CP1708 said,he HAS to pitch at home.

I can't see how you don't put the Ace of our staff, the pitcher who recently pitched a no-no, and the highest paid pitcher in the staff, to pitch game1 of the NLDS. I really don't get it. Am I missing something? Of course, let's see how Z will do tonight. He has a good record against the Mets, sothat's something positive. If he rebounds from his horrid start last friday, then we have our clear answer. But if he gets bombed, I'd still go with Z.Why? He has to earn his money this way. And he still have the best/nastiest stuff out of all in the rotation. Let's also not forget how well he pitchedlast year. Ok only one game, but enough ranting. Go with Z. He should have the utmost confidence from the fans to get the job done, and control those tempers.

Z

Dempster

Lilly

Harden

I Like that you are trying to work in Lilly. Throwing a lefty at them would be a good thing.
He is 0-2 with an ERA of 6.61 in the postseason.
Harden is 1-2 with an ERA of 6.43 in the postseason.
So that is the bad news. The good news is that they are a similar option based on previous postseason experience.

I really don't have a problem starting Z. He is a super emotional dude, as we all know, maybe he would capitalize on the insane atmosphere of the playoffs.Maybe it would be better if he sat for a day or two and watched and then the intensity would be ratcheted up a notch or two for him and the fans when he tookthe mound. I dunno, that's why I work in financial services and not Major League Baseball.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

I'm so excited for the playoffs to start. I've been waiting for 11 months.

But your Yankees were elimintaed, you jumping on the Cubs bandwagon now?
a1d3541bce3fe52c4e680d5f1e49d7fad212a97.gif

out of all the games soriano missed he still put up 29hrs 74 rbi

can't wait till he can play a full season without injury

Is there a more underrated guy then Mark DeRosa?

This is for the non Cub fans in here. What do ya'll think of that guy? He has been great for this team imo.
pimp.gif

not the results I wanted to see. Fk. I think Lou will go with Dempster first, and then Z or Harden.

Good win btw. Give credit to our pen and/or the Mets lack of timely, clutch hitting.
sick.gif

z stunk it up...but i still see him going 1st for some reason

just finished talking to someone who said he sees z going 3rd now which i can't see...maybe i just don't want to see it though
eyes.gif

I was excited when Aramis hit that HR, but I'm ready to find out who we're gonna play.

The rain in NY is gonna affect things......

great win tonight. 100 win still in sight...but who cares...i just want them to win the WS..finally

1700 wins for sweet Lou!!!

The rain in NYC is gonna create problems. I wonder what will happen if the Metropolitan s get a couple rain outs? Make up games? Doubleheaders? sweet.

How happy am I that the Dodgers magic number is 1? very very.

I believe the Cubs are the better team, but I wasnt really looking forward to seeing the Diamonbacks.

Back
Top Bottom