..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I don't like the Reds a lot.

Good for you, now go ahead and stay here, join us.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. And thank God we pulled out that win today. Good thing the Cubsare off tomorrow.

damn, we're ripping some balls, but the Brewers are flashing some leather tonight.
mad.gif

laugh.gif
field that...Griffey with the bunt down third with the shift...walkedto first.

nah...he got pulled in the 7th. he was dealing again, 8 Ks. couldn't get him any runs...i think we've left 7 on base.

still 2-1 in the 8th, Griffey on 1st, 1 out, BP up.

FInally.....Glaus with a 2 run double. Hopefully our pitching can hold em off this time.

EDIT************
Soon as i say that they have someone on 2nd base with 2 outs....c`mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YxTCkgAf.jpg

Glaus' drive evens series with Astros

Slugger clutch with two outs; Reyes picks up win in relief

By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

HOUSTON -- Troy Glaus' two-run double in the eighth inning sent the Cardinals to a hard-fought 5-3 win over the Astros at Minute Maid Park on Tuesday night.
After Chris Duncan drew a one-out walk, Albert Pujols hit a grounder up the middle. Miguel Tejada appeared to have a chance for at least a force play at second base, but Tejada could never secure the ball and both runners were safe. Rick Ankiel struck out for the second out, but Glaus drove a breaking ball from Geoff Geary to the opposite field, giving St. Louis the lead for the second time in the game.

The rally made a winner of Anthony Reyes, who pitched three innings of excellent relief. Reyes allowed only one baserunner, a two-out triple from Hunter Pence in the seventh.

Starter Brad Thompson was done in by an ugly third inning. After retiring the first two batters with a 2-0 lead, he allowed a double to Lance Berkman, then walked Carlos Lee. Tejada drove in two runs with a double of his own, taking third on the throw home and scoring on a wild pitch. Thompson allowed only an infield hit in the fourth, but having thrown 87 pitches, he was removed for a pinch-hitter in the top of the fifth.

The Cardinals, meanwhile, used a more bit-by-bit approach against Shawn Chacon. Thompson's bases-loaded sacrifice bunt got them on the board in the second, and Chris Duncan's sac fly made it 2-0. After they fell behind, 3-2, Adam Kennedy's RBI single in the sixth tied the game.

Matthew Leach is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Great win, I still can't believe Albert hasn't hit a homer that has count
ohwell.gif

yea, He will get his 30 homers per season.........He just has to get that FIRST ONE..............Then it will be down-hill from there.........But forreal,HOPEFULLY ITS SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, my tickets will be right behind the bullpen at the stadium, hopefully i can catch it
smile.gif

laugh.gif
Eric GAGne

smh.gif
David Weathers

eek.gif
Corey Patterson

who would've thought that pitching is not our problem right now? time for Dunn to pick it up.

^^^^
LOL
The game is blacked out where im at, thank god for Pat and Ron.
Edit:
Dempster pitched a real gem tonight.
7 innings
5 K
2 BB
1 hit
no runs
GREAT GAME!!!

Kerry Wood with the blown save
eyes.gif

I was pissed when Lou took Dempster out.....turns out I was upset for good reason.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Kerry Wood with the blown save
eyes.gif

I was pissed when Lou took Dempster out.....turns out I was upset for good reason.

i know kerry blew it but damn some fault has to go on SOTO stop puttin the NUMBER 1 up! hes got a great slider !%+*@!* put it to use! he mady nady looklike a fool on those first two pitches and they were slide pieces!

Back
Top Bottom