..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Brewers are slacking these last 2 games. Prince still without a dinger this season. Sheets vs. Santana Saturday is going to be electric.

That game going to be on any kind of national TV? That's a damn great matchup early in the season.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Did he just call Ozzie overrated? I duuuuuuunnnnoo bout that man, come on.

the guy made some of the most spectacular plays ive ever seen!! his Defense was great dont get me wrong, but cmon man offensively he was nothing!

19 seasons-.262, 28 hrs, 793 rbi's! In this day of baseball i dont care who you are, what position you play and how good you are at that position, YOU ARE NOT GETTING INTO THE H.O.F!

Poor Ron Santo

15 seasons-.277, 342 Hr's, 1331 Rbi's, 9 all star games and not yet inducted! %+$+!#@ bull !%!*!
I hear ya, I see your point, but look at it this way, even if he was a little lacking with the bat, his D was so exceptional that it made him hall worthy. It would be very similar to a guy like Ortiz being so damn great with a bat in his hands, but a total little leaguer with a glove, but he still could get in the hall right? Ozzie did have a lot of steals also, and he has a ring, so he does have some things that would merit the hall calling his name. Let's not bash Cards just for the sake of. I don't like em either, but Oz and Pujols are two legit dudes. Can't be mad at those guys.
wink.gif

ya i see your point! i guess im still heated about Santo still not being in the hall!

did i read that rigth? Ozzie Smith overrated?
indifferent.gif

Harang today.
pimp.gif

Francisco got a nice ovation at Miller Park today, then had a perfect 9th for the save.

nice to win the series vs. the Brew Crew...on to Pittsburgh.

the guy made some of the most spectacular plays ive ever seen!! his Defense was great dont get me wrong, but cmon man offensively he was nothing!

19 seasons-.262, 28 hrs, 793 rbi's! In this day of baseball i dont care who you are, what position you play and how good you are at that position, YOU ARE NOT GETTING INTO THE H.O.F!

Poor Ron Santo

15 seasons-.277, 342 Hr's, 1331 Rbi's, 9 all star games and not yet inducted! %+$+!#@ bull !%!*!

15535896cfc2e4b144930bc217249f9767cb81c.jpg

Unlike the rest of the Cubs fans in this thread (whom I have love for), you come off as a complete !*%%*. You're a Duke fan to top it off, which meansyour lame taste isn't just reserved for baseball. You and truthmain have that in common
laugh.gif
There is no need to address you any longer (ignore button pushed) You made itobvisiously clear your knowledge of baseball with that ******ed comment.

Come on man, even I can't hate on the Wizard......

Let's chill on the Woody hate...he made one bad pitch. Marmol looked pretty bad too.

Soto Has Big Night As Cubs Sweep Pittsburgh
37723810.jpg

PITTSBURGH - Geovany Soto and Mike Fontenot hit two-run homers in Chicago's five-run sixth inning and the Cubs finished off a three-gamesweep of Pittsburgh, winning 7-3 Thursday night to run their winning streak to five games.

Soto had three extra-base hits, including two doubles, among his second career four-hit game, and Derrek Lee also drove in two runs despite not getting a hitas the Cubs won their sixth in a row over the Pirates dating to last season.

Jon Lieber (2-1) got the decision by pitching 4 1-3 scoreless relief innings after starter Rich Hill needed 72 pitches to get through three innings, allowingthree runs and three hits and walking four. Lieber pitched 7 1-3 scoreless relief innings in the series.

After going 12 and 15 innings to win the first two games -- the first time in 81 years they've needed that many innings to win consecutive road games --the Cubs won this one in regulation against the pitching-thin Pirates, who dropped their fifth in six games.

After emptying their bullpen in consecutive games, the Pirates needed a lot of innings from starter Matt Morris (0-1), who lasted seven innings but gave up 11hits and seven runs, four earned. Morris led 3-2 going into the sixth, but quickly fell behind when Kosuke Fukudome walked and Soto followed with a drive tostraightaway center for his second homer.

Jon Lieber has been nothing short of amzing these last 2 outings. Long reliever is a tough role, and the man has done itflawlessly. Rich Hill needs to get his head on straight.

And the Brewers lost WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Go GIANTS !!!

Almost forgot.....

30svd47.jpg

^
Aw, beat me to the sweep pic. Good looking out.
Soto is a beast, definitely an up and comer, did you see the way he took off running the bases like a sprinter? He had to know that ball was gone, he knockedthe leather off it.

Lieber = ace in the hole, dude is money.

^Girl in the shorts could still get it..

but 5 in a row for the Cubs..
pimp.gif

And I hate the Cardinals with a passion.. but Ozzie Smith
pimp.gif
... i always had love for him and his backflips...

Ahh, the first sweep pic of the season. Feels good. Let's not be ignorant here fellas. Ozzie was that dude and you gotta give respect when respect is due.And man does Soto look good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Poor Ron Santo

15535896cfc2e4b144930bc217249f9767cb81c.jpg

Unlike the rest of the Cubs fans in this thread (whom I have love for), you come off as a complete !*%%*. You're a Duke fan to top it off, which means your lame taste isn't just reserved for baseball. You and truthmain have that in common
laugh.gif
There is no need to address you any longer (ignore button pushed) You made it obvisiously clear your knowledge of baseball with that ******ed comment.

Yo mama.

Great win last night, as they were saying, it's nice to get runs when Lee and Ramirez aren't really having big games. Hopefully we keep playing wellfor a bit. Anyone know if Rollins is playing tonight? Doesn't he have a hammy goin right now?????

on the Phillies website they say Jimmy Rollins is hopeful for Friday but it will be a game-time decision...

Lee and Ramirez back to back in the first.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Soto throwin out another runner tryin to steal. Good sign.

ALBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
..........Now all we need is for LaRussa to take the pitcherout the damn game if he gives up another run
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Ozzie was one of the finest SS to ever play the game. Idk about you, but his throwback jersey is sick. The 70's Padres version, I mean, because Iwouldn't be caught dead in a Cardinals Jersey. Oh the humanity.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, our 5 game win streak was snapped. I kind of figured Big Z wouldn't have a superb outing in only 3 days rest. *** Marquis, damn you!!! If you onlyhadn't gotten the flu. I blame the L on you!!!
laugh.gif

Oh well time to start another winning streak. GO CUBS GO!!!

Damn....Cubs Vs. Cards is like Bloods Vs. Crips..................I wouldnt be caught dead is a cubs jersey either.........I can wear every other team, ceptmaybe the brewers and the Royals, i dont like either of them
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom