OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

half of football/soccer supporting is talking smack about your friends/ aquaintences fave club/national team. one of my fave activities when im visiting my fam in england is to go to a pub and talk football with people. esp debating and talking down about the other clubs. i come in and they assume because im a yank i know crap about football and then i bust out my knowledge haha.

for the record my cousin in england is an arsenal supporter..and some of my good friends there support arsenal,chelsea,bolton,man utd,hearts,celtic, spurs, pompey,etc. my bro is a casual fan likes liverpool and arsenal somehow..and any team thats playing man utd it seems. got a few aquaintences on here that iv met that support arsenal..ds530 here you at? as well as chelsea..shuaray. its all good fun.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, good times. My brother is a Chelsea fan and that's all really in my family that like EPL teams. One of my cousins is a huge Germany/Bayern fan and the other is an Italy/Milan fan. I talk crap to them every weekend if they draw or lose or perform poorly, like I said, it's all in good fun.
laugh.gif

I have yet to go to London and watch a game at the Emirates, I'll be in SA in June for the WC10, I might just stay an extra couple months on that side, stay with my grandparents in Lebanon and hit up an early EPL game next season at the Emirates, knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. Either way, I'm going to London in the next year or so and I will have tons and tons of pictures.
pimp.gif
word i may be in sa for the world cup too..although i havent made a ticket application yet. plan to maybe go to a few england games, maybe a usa game,spain, france or argentina. iv heard sometimes people will trade their tickets so maybe a brazil,australia or argentina/germany match will be in order. also see the sites in sa. if i get tickets i'll pm you and maybe we can get a pint or 3 and talk about the football. all depends on funds though as im also planning a trip to amsterdam in feb.

have you been to london/ the uk before? if not its a great although expensive city. only city iv been to that may be more expensive is osaka/tokyo, japan. great city though. alot to do and see besides the football. tickets aren't as easy to get as im pretty sure you cant just post your tickets on ebay there..scalping is illegal i think. there are sites u can get them off of though but its not cheap for the more in demand matches. londons pretty much my second home..i try and make it there once a year..although haven't been since late december 2007/early january 2008. my moms from the west midlands from a town about 70 miles north of london in northhamptonshire called kettering.

Word yo, if we're both there we should def. have drinks and chill, I'm going with my brother, my cousin and my uncle. It's going to be crazy, Iremember going to Netherlands vs Ireland in WC94 at the Citrus Bowl here in Orlando, I still have pics of us at the game in our WC94 shirts and my unclesmonster jew fro
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
. I've never been to England before, I want to go so bad. Iactually want to move to Munich and live in Europe and not have to deal with the BS here in America for any longer. I think if I do move somewhere it'll beto London that way I could go to every game at the Emirates or to Germany and just take trains there to see my boys play. I've heard about the tickets tosuch games, I know they're nearly impossible, if you're a Red or Gold member of Arsenal then you have first dibs on all tickets available thataren't season tickets which I will become when/if I move to that part of the world.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

^ keep dreamin. you had your chance a few years ago and the flu or w/e messed things up.
laugh.gif
I'm not a Spurs supporter (Chelsea here), but that would be quite a treat from our perspective.
What kind of Chelsea supporter would want cross-town rivals Tottenham to do well?
alien.gif
Tottenham will probably finish in the top 7 or so. maybe get a Europa League spot.
we drew and lost early last season....what team do you support?

we were missing our top two defenders

do you want me do put that us quote in my sig....bc i will? stop knocking united or we'll se what happens.
indifferent.gif
You stay making stupid comments on this board.

How does missing 2 defenders hurt you in a game where you scored ZERO goals? Maybe your excuse would make sense if you guys were missing 2 attackers. You guys sold a dude who was scoring 30-40 goals a season and lost a proven Premiership striker in Tevez. Unless Ferguson spends money in the next 2 weeks, Man Utd. will be inconsistent all season. Defense is not a problem for this team...the main issue is where are the goals going to come from? Rooney and Berba will need career seasons (combined 35+ goals) if you guys are gonna go for a 4th straight EPL crown.

Put it in your sig...Man Utd is not winning any important trophies this season and I'm not saying that to sound as a hater. The only team I hate is Chelsea...Man Utd. are entertaining to watch but some of their fans get way too sensitive sometimes. Face it, you can not win trophies every single season.
you can criticize united all you want but your lame predictions are getting downright annoying, acting like your Nostradamus and !%!+.

Note: Your team hasnt won a trophy the past three years. I dont see anyone more than you scrutinizing other teams like your gambling on them.

not having rio and vidic WAS an issue today. Did you see how many corner kicks we had? Vidic is known to go ape**** in the box.
-Wes Brown didnt play all of last season, Evans was playing with an injury...You dont think this team needs time to adjust???...we went rough patches early on then we rolled through the season so the fact your disqualifying United after two games is downright idiotic.

-United can win trophies every season because thats all they care about....they dont care about funding for a new stadium or waiting 5 years for the next superstar to drag them to second place.

-tottenham finishing in Top 7?....Wow dude you have some serious stones to make a prediction like that...that team doesnt have any talent at all (sarcasm)

What does Arsenal have anything to do with my prediction that Man Utd. wont win anything this season? My dude over here is extra salty that thingsare looking bleak for his team. Relax...at the end of the day its just a game. I didnt disqualify Man Utd. after 2 games...I disqualified them IMMEDIATELYafter the news broke that they had sold Cristiano Ronaldo. You dont sell the 1st or 2nd best player in the world and expect to win trophies immediatelythereafter. Why dont you start addressing my supporting statements as to why I think Man Utd. wont win the league? I'm going to reiterate them to you sinceyou seem to be missing a chromosome or two. C. Ronaldo has scored close to 100 goals for Man Utd in the past 3 seasons...including around 65 EPL goals...whoexactly on Man Utd. is going to make up for this production? You're going to need guys on your club to make up for the 20 goals a season he was averagingin the Premiership over the past 3 seasons.

Rooney has never scored more than 16 goals in an EPL season although I expect him to surpass that total this season. Berbatov should have a good season aswell. After that, who's going to produce the goal scoring, passing and creativity that Ronaldo provided?

And I dont see anything obvious about predicting that Tottenham finish top 7...they finished 8th last season, 11th the season before...it's not likethey've consistently finished among the top teams in the league. Most pundits have teams like Aston Villa and Everton filling out the top spots so myprediction that Tottenham will improve after 2 disappointing season isn't all that "obvious" as you claim.

yea because of my mom im prety sure im elligible for dual uk/us citizenship and able to get a uk/eu passport. id most likely move to london, edinburgh,kettering, or maybe the south coast. id have to establish myself though as the uk in general isn't a cheap place to live in in general. also thought aboutmoving to the netherlands as most people speak english,have a few friends there and i like to blaze haha. also thought about germany but dont have much of adesire to learn german..

as for season tickets..no chance for me getting man utd tickets as i heard theres something crazy like a 10 year wait. maybe a cc championship team would bemore feasible...

laugh.gif

I just saw your thread quoting my predictions. The funny thing is, you quote like 5 different lines of me talking about Torres and label them all as wrong.They were all the same prediction that Torres wouldn't do well in the Premiership.

And how was I wrong about Tevez? He scored only 2 more goals with Man Utd. than I predicted.

You sound mad foolish bro...you're getting mad because a bunch of us here (including Man Utd fans) feel that Man Utd. will have a down year.

BTW, are you the same guy last year that was saying he'd go down on C. Ronaldo and Kobe?
sick.gif
Excuse me if I dont take your childish act too seriously.

Oh yeah, your the same dude who said Liverpool should've signed Silva to replace Xabi Alonso. You also said Man Utd's strikers are better than RealMadrid's. Quit acting like you know what you're talking about.

yea because of my mom im prety sure im elligible for dual uk/us citizenship and able to get a uk/eu passport. id most likely move to london, edinburgh, kettering, or maybe the south coast. id have to establish myself though as the uk in general isn't a cheap place to live in in general. also thought about moving to the netherlands as most people speak english,have a few friends there and i like to blaze haha. also thought about germany but dont have much of a desire to learn german..

as for season tickets..no chance for me getting man utd tickets as i heard theres something crazy like a 10 year wait. maybe a cc championship team would be more feasible...

laugh.gif
Millwall season ticks.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

^ keep dreamin. you had your chance a few years ago and the flu or w/e messed things up.
laugh.gif
I'm not a Spurs supporter (Chelsea here), but that would be quite a treat from our perspective.
What kind of Chelsea supporter would want cross-town rivals Tottenham to do well?
alien.gif
Tottenham will probably finish in the top 7 or so. maybe get a Europa League spot.
we drew and lost early last season....what team do you support?

we were missing our top two defenders

do you want me do put that us quote in my sig....bc i will? stop knocking united or we'll se what happens.
indifferent.gif
You stay making stupid comments on this board.

How does missing 2 defenders hurt you in a game where you scored ZERO goals? Maybe your excuse would make sense if you guys were missing 2 attackers. You guys sold a dude who was scoring 30-40 goals a season and lost a proven Premiership striker in Tevez. Unless Ferguson spends money in the next 2 weeks, Man Utd. will be inconsistent all season. Defense is not a problem for this team...the main issue is where are the goals going to come from? Rooney and Berba will need career seasons (combined 35+ goals) if you guys are gonna go for a 4th straight EPL crown.

Put it in your sig...Man Utd is not winning any important trophies this season and I'm not saying that to sound as a hater. The only team I hate is Chelsea...Man Utd. are entertaining to watch but some of their fans get way too sensitive sometimes. Face it, you can not win trophies every single season.
you can criticize united all you want but your lame predictions are getting downright annoying, acting like your Nostradamus and !%!+.

Note: Your team hasnt won a trophy the past three years. I dont see anyone more than you scrutinizing other teams like your gambling on them.

not having rio and vidic WAS an issue today. Did you see how many corner kicks we had? Vidic is known to go ape**** in the box.
-Wes Brown didnt play all of last season, Evans was playing with an injury...You dont think this team needs time to adjust???...we went rough patches early on then we rolled through the season so the fact your disqualifying United after two games is downright idiotic.

-United can win trophies every season because thats all they care about....they dont care about funding for a new stadium or waiting 5 years for the next superstar to drag them to second place.

-tottenham finishing in Top 7?....Wow dude you have some serious stones to make a prediction like that...that team doesnt have any talent at all (sarcasm)
What does Arsenal have anything to do with my prediction that Man Utd. wont win anything this season? My dude over here is extra salty that things are looking bleak for his team. Relax...at the end of the day its just a game. I didnt disqualify Man Utd. after 2 games...I disqualified them IMMEDIATELY after the news broke that they had sold Cristiano Ronaldo. You dont sell the 1st or 2nd best player in the world and expect to win trophies immediately thereafter. Why dont you start addressing my supporting statements as to why I think Man Utd. wont win the league? I'm going to reiterate them to you since you seem to be missing a chromosome or two. C. Ronaldo has scored close to 100 goals for Man Utd in the past 3 seasons...including around 65 EPL goals...who exactly on Man Utd. is going to make up for this production? You're going to need guys on your club to make up for the 20 goals a season he was averaging in the Premiership over the past 3 seasons.

Rooney has never scored more than 16 goals in an EPL season although I expect him to surpass that total this season. Berbatov should have a good season as well. After that, who's going to produce the goal scoring, passing and creativity that Ronaldo provided?

And I dont see anything obvious about predicting that Tottenham finish top 7...they finished 8th last season, 11th the season before...it's not like they've consistently finished among the top teams in the league. Most pundits have teams like Aston Villa and Everton filling out the top spots so my prediction that Tottenham will improve after 2 disappointing season isn't all that "obvious" as you claim.

I DID address your point about C.Ronaldo....I said he was forcing his leave, United couldnt do anything about it. Obviously i dont have an answer to you aboutwho will replace the worlds best player in the EPL because there is none. Still, C.Ronaldo was not our whole team...

-Arsenal is in the convo bc you support the team and yet dont talk about them..
-Things are looking bleak after 3 games? Are you insane? ITS THREE FREAKING GAMES....Last year things must have looked bleak also bc we lost to freakingNewcastle and looked lost doing so.
-Im defending my team, just like any supporter would do. United ARE the champos. Even if they lost another game you still have to have some respect. Thatsthe rule in any sport.

-totteham finished 8th last season even after a abismal start and players coming in and out of there squad. They finally have stability and are fully expectedto be in the top 7....villa lost THERE captain, everton will be losing lescott....so the top 7 teams talent-wise are chelsea, united, 'pool, city, arsenal,tottenham, villa...they're team is stacked this year

laugh.gif

I just saw your thread quoting my predictions. The funny thing is, you quote like 5 different lines of me talking about Torres and label them all as wrong. They were all the same prediction that Torres wouldn't do well in the Premiership.

And how was I wrong about Tevez? He scored only 2 more goals with Man Utd. than I predicted.

You sound mad foolish bro...you're getting mad because a bunch of us here (including Man Utd fans) feel that Man Utd. will have a down year.

BTW, are you the same guy last year that was saying he'd go down on C. Ronaldo and Kobe?
sick.gif
Excuse me if I dont take your childish act too seriously.

Oh yeah, your the same dude who said Liverpool should've signed Silva to replace Xabi Alonso. You also said Man Utd's strikers are better than Real Madrid's. Quit acting like you know what you're talking about.
-all those 5 lines were in the same post dog....THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS. WHY SHOULD I PICK ONE LINE TO PLEASE YOU!!!!....YOU WERE DEAD WRONG ABOUTTORRES

-TEVEZ scored 2 more goals than you predicted. that means you were wrong right?

-Even if they have a down year THEY will finish above Arsenal... I f'n guarentee that %*!*....and i dont make predictions like you CLOWN

-They should have signed Silva bc talent wise hes 10x the player aquilani is and is not injured.

-UTD's strikers are better than Real Madrid thats not a reach in saying so....ROONEY's and Berbatov track record > Benzema, Higuan

I never talk about Arsenal? Are you kidding me? 80% of my soccer posts relates to Arsenal.

BTW...this is the last time I'm going to state this to you, since you seem to be a little slow....why would Liverpool sign an attacking midfielder toreplace a defensive/central midfielder? That's like Everton losing Lescott in the next few days and replacing him with Shawn Wright-Phillips.

You have little knowledge about the sport and your homerism blinds you from developing a balanced opinion.

Congrats, your the first person to be put on my ignored list.

I never talk about Arsenal? Are you kidding me? 80% of my soccer posts relates to Arsenal.

BTW...this is the last time I'm going to state this to you, since you seem to be a little slow....why would Liverpool sign an attacking midfielder to replace a defensive/central midfielder? That's like Everton losing Lescott in the next few days and replacing him with Shawn Wright-Phillips.

You have little knowledge about the sport and your homerism blinds you from developing a balanced opinion.

Congrats, your the first person to be put on my ignored list.
bc silva is more talented...i never used to word "replace" in that post...those are your words....i beleive my word were "why didnt'pool buy silva instead of aquilani".......I NEVER USED THE WORDS REPLACE ALONSO.......i mentioned to you after that yossi can fill alsonso role...theyhave maschenero to play cdm

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

yea because of my mom im prety sure im elligible for dual uk/us citizenship and able to get a uk/eu passport. id most likely move to london, edinburgh, kettering, or maybe the south coast. id have to establish myself though as the uk in general isn't a cheap place to live in in general. also thought about moving to the netherlands as most people speak english,have a few friends there and i like to blaze haha. also thought about germany but dont have much of a desire to learn german..

as for season tickets..no chance for me getting man utd tickets as i heard theres something crazy like a 10 year wait. maybe a cc championship team would be more feasible...

laugh.gif
Millwall season ticks.

haha no millwall for me. i'll stay away from the den. i heard they film dream team there though haha.

pimp.gif
dream team.. the only football club that features players being murdered constantly, murdered by their manager, 5 bus crashes, the list goes on.

know this isn't epl related but looks like adriano was recalled to brazil by dunga. dudes scored 10 times in 16 matches for flamengo. maybe he'lleventually head back to europe. if he can get his personal life and drinking problem in order he'd be a great talent on alot of european clubs.

know this isn't epl related but looks like adriano was recalled to brazil by dunga. dudes scored 10 times in 16 matches for flamengo. maybe he'll eventually head back to europe. if he can get his personal life and drinking problem in order he'd be a great talent on alot of european clubs.

Disappointed me too many times. Show and prove.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

know this isn't epl related but looks like adriano was recalled to brazil by dunga. dudes scored 10 times in 16 matches for flamengo. maybe he'll eventually head back to europe. if he can get his personal life and drinking problem in order he'd be a great talent on alot of european clubs.
hes also had alot of flashes of brilliance looks at his time at parma. alot of his disappointments could be due to his hectic personal troubles.

So Man Utd. have suffered the first major casualty out of the big 4 this season as Ferdinand is out for 3-4 weeks.

He did miss a ton of time last season so playing without him will not be anything new for Man Utd. However this injury comes at a terrible time for Man Utd. asthey are set to play Arsenal, @Tottenham and Man City in the next 4 weeks...3 teams can that are capable of scoring some goals on Man Utd.

BTW, Vidic is back tomorrow against Wigan.

Tomorrow I expect Arsenal to beat up on a battered Portsmouth side at the Emirates stadium. We should win by atleast 2 goals. Man City should easily dispose ofWolverhampton at home.

The most competitive match of the week wont happen until Monday when Aston Villa travel to Anfield.

I'm going to join in here, cant believe its taken me this long to find this thread

Wigan is going to be a really tough game for us as they are always massivly up for playing us.

Can't knock Rooney's workrate and hustle but we need someone (like Ronaldo) that makes things easier for him.......this season i fear he will bear mostof the attacking responsibility himself.

And at the other end, no Ferdinand and Van Der Sar is a blow but we're all hopefull that Ben Foster finally becomes the man this season...

Back
Top Bottom