OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Stupid linesman and ref give Hull a free goal (Hesselink was offsides before getting fouled).
Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Vennegoor was way offsides and then fell off some Rooney-esque type contact and Hull were gifted a goal and a way into the game.
you guys not gonna mention Boateng's dismissal before halftime?
Arsenal played the second half with the extra man,but even with the numerical advantage they still needed 3mins of injury time to secure the win...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Stupid linesman and ref give Hull a free goal (Hesselink was offsides before getting fouled).
Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Vennegoor was way offsides and then fell off some Rooney-esque type contact and Hull were gifted a goal and a way into the game.
you guys not gonna mention Boateng's dismissal before halftime?
Arsenal played the second half with the extra man,but even with the numerical advantage they still needed 3mins of injury time to secure the win...
sick.gif
No offense but did you watch the match?

1. Vennegor's goal happened before Boateng's dismissal. Vennegor was offsides when he got the ball, took contact from Campbell and was awarded a PK. My beef was more with the fact that he was clearly offsides rather than the PK decision.
2. Boateng should've been sent off 5 minutes earlier when he slapped Bendtner's face TWICE infront of the linesman. He got a yellow card. Minutes later he kicked Sagna's knee studs up and got a second yellow card. He didn't even appeal the decision.
3. After Boateng was sent off, Hull put all 9 of their men behind the ball for the entire 2nd half. They subbed off both of their strikers for defensive players.
4. One of the Hull City players suffered a serious injury in the second half after a challenge by Sol Campbell. He had to be carted off and so there were 6-mins of added time.
5. No one criticizes Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea for winning ugly...but when Arsenal do it, everyone is critical.
6. Man Utd. needed 8 mins of injury time to beat Man City earlier in the season
laugh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

It was an ugly win but thankfully we still came away with the 3 points...I swear they want me to have a heart attack with the way we've played recently in the EPL.

Anyways...Up Arsenal!

To win the championship you have to turn 0 pts into 1 and 1 pt into 3 late in games. Utd has made a living doing it and that is what Arsenal has done in the last few weeks. They just have to keep winning.

why would i watch an Arsenal match?
laugh.gif
 i only need to check up on soccernet...they're reliable enough...
laugh.gif

some of y'all complaining about the ref's penalty decision or Jan's offside but said nothing about Boateng's sending off...
having an extra man on the field does give your team an advantage...
all i wanted to point out was Arsenal did have a lot of time to score some goals and certainly a lot of help playing against 10 men...
doesn't matter if Hull parked a bus in front of their own goal...

after all,it was this team that played against a top European side in FC Porto and still managed to smash 5 goals past them...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

why would i watch an Arsenal match?
laugh.gif
 i only need to check up on soccernet...they're reliable enough...
laugh.gif

some of y'all complaining about the ref's penalty decision or Jan's offside but said nothing about Boateng's sending off...
having an extra man on the field does give your team an advantage...
all i wanted to point out was Arsenal did have a lot of time to score some goals and certainly a lot of help playing against 10 men...
doesn't matter if Hull parked a bus in front of their own goal...

after all,it was this team that played against a top European side in FC Porto and still managed to smash 5 goals past them...
grin.gif
My quote complaining about the Hull goal happened DURING the match BEFORE Boateng was sent off.

Boateng committed 2 offenses that deserved red cards.

Regardless of whether Hull had 10-men or not, this match was much more difficult because Hull kept 8-9 players behind the ball at all times, Hull had more rest than Arsenal and Arsenal were playing on the road (sloppy pitch, smaller pitch). Arsenal put 5-goals past Porto because Porto opened up too much, because Arsenal were playing at home (nicer and bigger pitch), and because Porto gave up at the end.

At the end of the day, Arsenal deserved to win and they got the 3 pts. In a 38-match season you're going to have to win a handful of matches like this. No one criticized Man Utd. for barely beating Wolves last week.

Wayne Rooney's secret...

steroids-needles.jpg

God damn this dude is ballin' out of his mind. Only players in recent history who've been scoring at will like this have been Drogba (this season), Torres (in his debut season), van Nistelroy and Thierry Henry. If Drogba didnt go away for the ACN, I think we would've had a more exciting scoring title race this season, but I think that Rooney now has a comfortable lead in that department.

Man Utd. really need to get another scorer though next season. If he goes down I'm not sure if anyone could fill in for Rooney. Chelsea have proven year in and year out that they can still score goals with just 1 striker...Arsenal have shown this season that they can score even despite selling Adebayor and losing van Persie...if you take Rooney out of the line-up, then you'd have to rely on Berbatov for goals
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Man U would find the goals without Rooney..There's too many weapons on that team, albeit they aren't as deep as they once were.

Rooneh putting up doubles like its nothing....He better save some of it for the World Cup.

Carlos Tevez wrote: No one criticized Man Utd. for barely beating Wolves last week.

This. 

Hull made no effort to score in the last 30, they subbed off V of H and Jozmer for defenders and put 9 behind the ball. Not that I can criticize the strategy, it damn near worked, but these are the kinds of matches Arsenal never win.

I just hope Arsenal can win the United-Chelsea match on April 3rd.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Man U would find the goals without Rooney..There's too many weapons on that team, albeit they aren't as deep as they once were.

Rooneh putting up doubles like its nothing....He better save some of it for the World Cup.
I missed this. I gotta disagree with this one.  Who is going to score them? Berbatov = trash without a striker next to him that is a worker like Rooney, or Keane was for Spurs. Owen is just garbage. If United lost Rooney for any period of time they are done, at least against decent sides.

big massive game for United tomorrow...
i hate it everytime they face Liverpool...as crappy as 'Pool are all season,they always seem to raise their game against us...
mad.gif

Arsenal up 1-0 to West Ham at Half but we're down to 10 men.
Denilson scored 5min in. Vermaelen got a strait red for bringing his man down in the box, but Almunia saved the PK.

Interesting 1st half to say the least.

SMFH @ that red. What a pathetic red to give, at worst it was a yellow but Franco looked like he was diving anyways.

We finished them off thanks to a PK goal by Cesc.
pimp.gif
 3 points to the Arsenal and as of right now we're back atop the Premiership.

Go Gunners!

The next few matches are going to be tense! I will be at the match against Wolves and Man City, hopefully get tickets to the Barca game too!
pimp.gif

No, should not be any more than just the 1 game next week vs Birmingham. The tackle was not malicous and the FA will review it, and his red card might even be taken away if Arsenal appeal it because it really infact was a terrible call. Don't expect to see him get a 3 match ban, because there was no harm meant in that foul. You'd only get more than a 1 match ban if it was a dirty %*+ tackle like Adebayor had or did some dirty $%#+ like Ferdinand.

Glad we got the 3 points, we definitely missed Vermaelen and having a defender in the 2nd half, but I think Song was doing a pretty good job back there. Sol needs to lose like 20 or 30 lbs and he will be much better. Nice seeing Captain Fantastic out there again...we're on top, I am hoping Liverpool beat Utd tomorrow and Blackburn win or at least draw with the Blues. Our schedule for the rest of the year looks very promising even with us playing City at home, I think we can win them all and we will get the next 21 out of 21 possible points. Let's go you Gunners...CL and EPL titles this season!

Back
Top Bottom