OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Thats, what, 4 points off Tott, with a game in-hand for Tott?

Yeah, I was surprised how Babel didn't start... coulda ran Neville in circles.

Yea ...and both City and Villa also have games in hand on Liverpool

Many of us could see this Liverpool disaster coming. They've only competed for the Premiership title once since Rafa took over. Rafa has wasted millions on players that simply did not fit in with the team.

Liverpool wont make the UCL next season and they might not even make the Europa League.

laugh.gif
I never understood signing Maxi, he doesn't work with their team at all. Seems like just an impulse buy because he saw his nice goal in WC06.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Bayern Munich Prepare £15 Million Bid For Arsenal Striker Nicklas Bendtner - Report
21-Mar-2010 3:05:31 PM

Bayern Munich are reportedly set to offer Arsenal £15 million for striker Nicklas Bendtner this summer.

According to the Sunday People, the Bundesliga behemoths have been admirers of the Dane for some time and are willing to finally make a move at the end of the season.

The 22-year-old has enjoyed a headline making campaign, thrust into the first team due to the long-term injury of Robin van Persie.

He's scored nine times this season but has also been guilty of some high profile gaffes, while also earning more column inches by escaping serious injury in a car crash.

However, none of this appears to have deterred Bayern with the report claiming the Danish international may become surplus to requirements at north London due to the expected arrival of Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh from Bordeaux.

The Sunday People also claims Bendtner could be tempted to quit the Premier League for the chance of regular first-team football at Bayern, and the lure of a lucrative contract.

With French international Franck Ribery widely tipped to leave Germany in the summer, Bayern Munich may have plenty of funds available to move for Bendtner.

However, the report also claims club sources believe any deal for the striker is not dependent on Ribery moving on.

early April Fool's?

Bayern Munich Prepare £15 Million Bid For Arsenal Striker Nicklas Bendtner - Report
21-Mar-2010 3:05:31 PM

Bayern Munich are reportedly set to offer Arsenal £15 million for striker Nicklas Bendtner this summer.

According to the Sunday People, the Bundesliga behemoths have been admirers of the Dane for some time and are willing to finally make a move at the end of the season.

The 22-year-old has enjoyed a headline making campaign, thrust into the first team due to the long-term injury of Robin van Persie.

He's scored nine times this season but has also been guilty of some high profile gaffes, while also earning more column inches by escaping serious injury in a car crash.

However, none of this appears to have deterred Bayern with the report claiming the Danish international may become surplus to requirements at north London due to the expected arrival of Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh from Bordeaux.

The Sunday People also claims Bendtner could be tempted to quit the Premier League for the chance of regular first-team football at Bayern, and the lure of a lucrative contract.

With French international Franck Ribery widely tipped to leave Germany in the summer, Bayern Munich may have plenty of funds available to move for Bendtner.

However, the report also claims club sources believe any deal for the striker is not dependent on Ribery moving on.

Did anyone else see this yet? I say we hold onto Bendtner, he's under contract for 3 more years and I think the WC will help him get better and he seems to be improving with every game...he's only 22 too.

Oh yeah, Liverpool are trash.
I'd sell Bendtner for $15.

laugh.gif
I never understood signing Maxi, he doesn't work with their team atall. Seems like just an impulse buy because he saw his nice goal inWC06.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's not just Maxi. You'll cringe if you look at the players he's brought in over the years. Dude just wasted 20 million on Aquilani's injury prone ***. He's made like 5-6 good signings but almost every other signing has failed with the club.

laugh.gif
Idk that's what I was thinking. But that's a pretty good price for him, he still has alot to learn, but I think if he does well at the WC he could be worth even more than that.

Well, the season might come down to whether or not Arsenal can run the table, and the results of the Chel$ki-ManUre matchup

Get rid of him for that if we get Chamakh, he's just superior. He would just be too far down the depth chart I feel to not get rid of him for that kind of an offer.

I think I'd wait till after the WC. Bendtner is the best Danish player and we all know he will probably be the only one scoring goals for them, maybe we can get 20 million for him?
laugh.gif

But yeah, if we can, I'd sell him and since we're getting Chamakh on the free, we could use the money towards a defender.

I think I'd wait till after the WC. Bendtner is the best Danish player and we all know he will probably be the only one scoring goals for them, maybe we can get 20 million for him?
laugh.gif

But yeah, if we can, I'd sell him and since we're getting Chamakh on the free, we could use the money towards a defender.
I dont think this is true. Denmark made the WC thanks to their rock solid defence and balanced attack. He only scored 3 out of their 16 goals in WCQ.

That being said, you're right that a good WC could increase his value. Denmark are in a group that they should advance out of and I believe they're a sleeper team that could end up in the quarters.

I'm not sure though if Wenger is willing to part with a player he's shown so much trust in. My feeling is that Wenger will bring in another striker (Chamakh?) and with van Persie recovering, the club will go into next season with 5-6 options up front (Eduardo, Bendtner, Walcott, Chamakh, RvP, Arshavin). They'll need the depth considering that they use 3 players up front and considering how heavy their schedule is every season.

LOL @ Jay-Z 'buying' into Arsenal. The club's value is in the billions. How much stake would he have in the team? Probably less than the 1.5% he has in the Nets.

Great day of footbal. City and Villa drop points.. and Spurs are going to Wembley.

Its only a matter of time before we @#!# things up
laugh.gif

What will be really funny is when Spurs miss out on the group stages after they lose in the qualifying round.

But seriously, better them than Man City.

Arsenal @ Birmingham and Villa @ Chelsea now. Villa are supposed to be one of Chelsea's tougher remaining matches so hopefully they can steal a point at the Bridge.

Lampard with a hat-trick, Malouda with 2, 5-1 on Villa in the 66th, they are absolute trash. They would never even make it out of the group stages of the CL.

On another note, we're in the 66th and we have Arshavin, Eduardo and Nasri on the bench...Wenger has yet to make a sub...what a joke.

Back
Top Bottom