OFFICIAL 2009-2010 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD - (10-6) - Ravens @ Patriots - Wild Card

we should trade a 5th rounder in 2011 for brandon marshall
pimp.gif

The Patriots will face the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday in the 2009 preseason home-opener at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots opened the preseason lastThursday with a 27-25 win over the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. Cincinnati opened the preseason last Friday with 17-7 loss at New Orleans.

Projected Starting Lineups: Patriots vs Cincinnati Bengals
[table][tr][td]Gillette Stadium - Foxboro[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
NewEnglandPatriots.gif
New England Patriots[/td] [td]POS[/td] [td]
CincinnatiBengals.gif
Cincinnati Bengals[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]OFFENSE[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]OFFENSE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]67 [/td] [td]Dan Koppen [/td] [td]C[/td] [td]64 [/td] [td]Kyle Cook [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]FB[/td] [td]31 [/td] [td]Jeremi Johnson [/td] [/tr][tr][td]70 [/td] [td]Logan Mankins [/td] [td]LG[/td] [td]62 [/td] [td]Nate Livings [/td] [/tr][tr][td]72 [/td] [td]Matt Light [/td] [td]LT[/td] [td]77 [/td] [td]Andrew Whitworth [/td] [/tr][tr][td]12 [/td] [td]Tom Brady [/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]9 [/td] [td]Carson Palmer [/td] [/tr][tr][td]39 [/td] [td]Laurence Maroney [/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]32 [/td] [td]Cedric Benson [/td] [/tr][tr][td]61 [/td] [td]Stephen Neal [/td] [td]RG[/td] [td]63 [/td] [td]Bobbie Wiliams [/td] [/tr][tr][td]77 [/td] [td]Nick Kaczur [/td] [td]RT[/td] [td]73 [/td] [td]Anthony Collins [/td] [/tr][tr][td]84 [/td] [td]Benjamin Watson [/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]86 [/td] [td]Daniel Coats [/td] [/tr][tr][td]13 [/td] [td]Joey Galloway [/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]11 [/td] [td]Laveranues Coles [/td] [/tr][tr][td]81 [/td] [td]Randy Moss [/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]85 [/td] [td]Chad Ochocinco [/td] [/tr][tr][td]83 [/td] [td]Wes Welker [/td] [td]WR[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]DEFENSE[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]DEFENSE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36 [/td] [td]James Sanders[/td] [td]FS[/td] [td]42 [/td] [td]Chris Crocker[/td] [/tr][tr][td]54 [/td] [td]Tedy Bruschi[/td] [td]ILB[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]51 [/td] [td]Jerod Mayo[/td] [td]ILB[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]29 [/td] [td]Shawn Springs[/td] [td]LCB[/td] [td]22 [/td] [td]Johnathan Joseph[/td] [/tr][tr][td]94 [/td] [td]Ty Warren[/td] [td]LDE[/td] [td]91 [/td] [td]Robert Geathers[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]LDT[/td] [td]94 [/td] [td]Domata Peko[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]MLB[/td] [td]57 [/td] [td]Dhani Jones[/td] [/tr][tr][td]75 [/td] [td]Vince Wilfork[/td] [td]NT[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]96 [/td] [td]Adalius Thomas[/td] [td]OLB[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]58 [/td] [td]Pierre Woods[/td] [td]OLB[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23 [/td] [td]Leigh Bodden[/td] [td]RCB[/td] [td]29 [/td] [td]Leon Hall[/td] [/tr][tr][td]93 [/td] [td]Richard Seymour[/td] [td]RDE[/td] [td]98 [/td] [td]Antwan Odom[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]RDT[/td] [td]99 [/td] [td]Tank Johnson[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]SLB[/td] [td]93 [/td] [td]Rashad Jeanty[/td] [/tr][tr][td]31 [/td] [td]Brandon Meriweather[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]31 [/td] [td]Roy Williams[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]WLB[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Keith Rivers[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]SPECIAL TEAMS[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]SPECIAL TEAMS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]48 [/td] [td]Nathan Hodel[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]48 [/td] [td]Brad St. Louis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3 [/td] [td]Stephen Gostkowski[/td] [td]K[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Shayne Graham[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6 [/td] [td]Chris Hanson[/td] [td]P[/td] [td]10 [/td] [td]Kevin Huber[/td] [/tr][/table]

Would like to see Freddy T get some carries tonight, aint his 1st rodeo so its not that big of a deal, but still.

^ word. maroney and taylor are the two i want to see run tonight. maroney for obvious reasons, and taylor just to get him some action.

im not sure how reliable that "projection" is either. they had it set for a 3-4 defense last week and we came out in the 4-3. but i know bruschi isback, maybe they'll try out the 3-4 again.

pissed i wont get to watch this tonight.

offensive line better have their A game tonight...don't want anyone touching brady, even tho he said he wants to take a hit or two
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I am COMPLETELY over Maroney. He'll play like 4 games and be injured the rest of the year.
screw him...
Mayo will be even more of a beast this year.

-J-

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I love you guys tho. Makes my team work harder.
pimp.gif

smh.gif

Fo' real? i havent seen the evidence
indifferent.gif

cmon i had to say it Jets are major rivals

as 4 Brady and how/why i feel he's the GOAT peep game and then im done:

What if you were given a team that missed the playoffs and lost to an AFC East rival the last game of the season? Then, you catipulted ur team into thegreatest game of all sports, The Super Bowl, only to upset the super-powered St Louis Rams? Does that not make that qb one the greats?

go a step further.....that qb had no clear cut hall of famers at the time. Then goes on to get 2 more rings....and THEN gets a hall of fame wide receiver 2throw to........and a crack at a 4th ring to cap off an undefeated season....WHILE SEVERELY INJURED?
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The NFL does have a greatest qb of all time and his name is Thomas Edward Brady Jr. and he plays the quarterbacks position for the AFC East's New EnglandPatriots.

The Golden Boy.

The Living Legend.

Human Crack in the Flesh.

Mr. Millenium Swag.

Tommy Touchdowns.

Tom Terrific

He manipulates the pocket like no other...number one lyrical don-datta status

HIS EYES.........he throws off 11 payers at once word to Superbowl xxxix

ie - go from the '00 season to '01 and tell me he's a systems qb
indifferent.gif

Let's have a heaven of a season Tommy!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-if u're readin this Tom PLEASE praise/thank God in ur post games more.....not to help ur chances but to....well ure a grown man u figure it out.

/rant

cant wait for this season!

got tickets to see the patriots/ravens game and patriots/dolphins game at Gillette so far.
working hard on MNF season opener against bills on 9/14

went out to breakfast yesterday in Cranston, RI and as I was out, Matt Light was walking in. I cannot wait! Redemption this year my friends.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Patriots release TE Tyson DeVree[/h1]
text_size.jpg

The New England Patriots released TE Tyson DeVree today.

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots released TE Tyson DeVree today.
Tyson, 6-6, 245 pounds, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Colorado in 2008. He was a member of the Patriots' practice squad for nine weeks last season before being signed to the 53-man roster. DeVree made his NFL debut at Seattle (12/7) and also played vs. Arizona (12/21).

not a real shocker

[h2]Brady isn't focusing on contract[/h2]

Comment Email Print http://a.espncdn.com/icons/share-icon-12x12.png) no-repeat scroll left top; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;">Share
ESPN.com news services

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady isn't focusing on his contract after quarterback Philip Rivers signed a lucrative deal with the San Diego Chargers.

[h4]AFC East blog[/h4]
graham_tim_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Brady said Tuesday he's thought about the status of his contract, which expires after the 2010 season. But he's more concerned with preparing for the New England Patriots season after missing the last 15 games in 2008 with a knee injury.

The NFL's 2007 MVP is in the fifth year of a six-year contract worth $60 million. On Monday, Rivers signed a six-year contract through 2015 worth $92 million with between $38 million and $39 million guaranteed. Eli Manning of the New York Giants recently signed a six-year, $97 million extension with $35 million guaranteed.

Brady said contract negotiations always work out, one way or another.

pimp.gif
that's why i love this guy. although why would he beworried when his wife is worth like 10x what he is
laugh.gif

in all seriousness tho, he probably KNOWS robert kraft will take care of him...he IS the franchise

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots traded OL Russ Hochstein to the Denver Broncos for an undisclosed draft choice today. In addition, the Patriots signed third-round draft pick LB Tyrone McKenzie and released S Tank Williams.

Brady can say whatever he wants, but at the end of the day $$$$ talks and compared to some of these other contracts around the league he is outrageouslyunderpaid considering his accomplishments. He can try and be as diplomatic as possible and not rock the boat but at some point its going to be "*$*+ you,pay me", and I have a feeling that is going to be sooner than later.

you're absolutely right...i dont think kraft would let it get to that point where it becomes a "%%++ you, pay me" type of situation, and i thinkbrady knows that, which is why he just comes out talking and acting like the nice guy

what i wanna know is why did we give up Russ hochstein.....didnt he play fb last yr a little? he's versatile, a little special teams if i remembercorrectly and i know The Hooded One covets versatility.....couldnt we have given up yates or sum-freakin-body? i miss heath evans

[h2]Source: O'Connell cut by Pats[/h2]

Comment Email Print By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

In the first surprise move in the NFL cutdown to 75 players on rosters, the New England Patriots informed quarterback Kevin O'Connell that he is being released, according to a source.

[h4]AFC East blog[/h4]
graham_tim_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

A third-round choice in 2008, O'Connell was the leading candidate to be Tom Brady's backup this season after the departure of Matt Cassel. The timing of the release was particularly surprising considering Brady's right shoulder injury Friday night against the ********.

******** defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth landed on Brady after he released a pass. Though it did not appear Brady separated the shoulder, the possibility of doing damage to the shoulder was possible considering how Haynesworth landed on him. Sources, however, have indicated the shoulder injury might not be too bad, though the Patriots aren't providing information about the right shoulder except to say that is it sore.

A source close to the team told the Boston Globe on Sunday that "there is no need for hysteria'' when it comes to Brady's shoulder and the quarterback will be fine.

O'Connell's release means that the three quarterbacks being groomed behind Brady the past couple of years are gone -- Cassel, O'Connell and Matt Gutierrez. Cassel and Gutierrez both landed in Kansas City so it's not out of the question for the Chiefs and the Broncos to put in waiver claims on O'Connell. Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli was involved in drafting O'Connell last year. Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels coached him in New England last season.

O'Connell is a 6-foot-5, 225-pound draft choice from San Diego State. He was the 94th pick in the 2008 draft.

also...

tedy bruschi to announce his retirement tomorrow

[h2]Reports: Bruschi to retire[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

The New England Patriots will reportedly lose a major piece of their three Super Bowl winning teams.

987.jpg

Bruschi

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi will announce his retirement on Monday, NBC's Al Michaels first reported during the Bears-Broncos telecast on Sunday night. The Patriots scheduled an "important player announcement" for Monday at 10:45 a.m. ET at Gillette Stadium.

Bruschi, 36, spent his entire 13-year career with New England, helping the Patriots to Super Bowl wins in 2001, 2003 and 2004. He only made one Pro Bowl, in 2004, but was the heart of a team-oriented Pats defense.

Bruschi showed his toughness most clearly in 2005 when he missed only seven games after suffering a stroke. The last Pats championship game was on Feb. 6, 2005, against the Philadelphia Eagles. Ten days later Bruschi was hospitalized after experiencing numbness in his left arm and left leg and blurry vision and was diagnosed with a mild stroke. He was named the NFL Comeback Player of the Year after the 2005 season.

Bruschi has become active in a football camp for kids and as recently as June shared that he has been thinking of life after his playing days end.

"I know I can coach," Bruschi said. "I know the game. I've been in it so long, it's just going to be a matter of what I do when I'm done [playing]. So I don't know. It's a passion of mine. I love football. I know I want to be in it. Let's just see what I'll be doing."
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Wow.

I appreciate everything Bruschi has done for this franchise, but I'm kind of glad in a way. Bruschi is a shell of his former self. I hate watching guys whostick around for too long.

Bruschi, Vrabel, and Harrison all gone...wow. It's Mayo's time to step up as a leader now.

agree with all that, JD. it's def. time for him to hang em up. would love to see him come on as a coach. wouldnt be bad having him school the youngLB's

Back
Top Bottom