OFFICIAL 2009-2010 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD - (10-6) - Ravens @ Patriots - Wild Card

how do you guys feel about losing Seymour? I felt as he was a big part to your D Line..i doubt he stays in Oakland when the contract is up though..

Seymour is still a good player and can play at a high level, but that's a smart NE move to get that first-rounder especially since Oakland isn't goingto be competing anytime soon.

Garcia would be a great backup to Brady assuming he doesn't mind limited playing time which is something that would prevent him from signing with the Pats.

as far as seymour...we love him up here in NE. but i love this move. that pick should be a top 10 pick in 2011 i think. plus now we can work with wilfork.

and good point on garcia probably wanting to start. not sure what his options are, but if he has to end up carrying a clip board, theres no better place.

Smart move by the Pats.....I would do this trade 10 out of 10 times.

This might even be a Jason Taylor situation. Where he's gone for a yr, gets you a high draft pick and comes back next yr.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Smart move by the Pats.....I would do this trade 10 out of 10 times.

This might even be a Jason Taylor situation. Where he's gone for a yr, gets you a high draft pick and comes back next yr.

speaking of which how many weeks until seymour comes down w/ an 'injury' over in black-hole land?

nerd.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Patriots sign seven players to practice squad[/h1]
text_size.jpg

New England Patriots
The New England Patriots signed seven players to their practice squad today: DL Titus Adams, T Patrick Brown, DT Adrian Grady, WR Terrence Nunn, DL Darryl Richard, QB Isaiah Stanback and CB DeAngelo Willingham. Adams, Nunn and Richard went to training camp with the Patriots and were released over the weekend when the Patriots finalized their 53-man roster.

[table][tr][td]
RL_header.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots signed seven players to their practice squad today: DL Titus Adams, T Patrick Brown, DT Adrian Grady, WR Terrence Nunn, DL Darryl Richard, QB Isaiah Stanback and CB DeAngelo Willingham. Adams, Nunn and Richard went to training camp with the Patriots and were released over the weekend when the Patriots finalized their 53-man roster.

New England has one remaining spot on their eight-man practice squad.

Brown, 6-5, 312 pounds, was originally signed by the Carolina Panthers as a rookie free agent out of Central Florida on April 30, 2009. He was waived by the Panthers in their final cuts.

Grady, 6-1, 290 pounds, was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts as a rookie free agent out of Louisville on April 30, 2009. He was waived by the Colts in their final cuts.

Stanback, 6-2, 208 pounds, spent the last two seasons with the Dallas Cowboys after joining the team as a fourth-round draft pick out of Washington in 2007. He played quarterback in college but was converted to a wide receiver and kickoff returner by Dallas. Stanback played in two games in 2007 and eight games last season before ending the 2008 season on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. His NFL totals include two receptions for 24 yards and 13 kickoff returns for 296 yards.

Willingham, 6-0, 200 pounds, was originally signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a rookie free agent of Tennessee on April 30, 2009. He was waived by Tampa Bay and claimed by the Dallas Cowboys at the end of August. The Cowboys waived Willingham in their final cuts.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Patriots claim DB Bret Lockett; Release WR Greg Lewis[/h1]
text_size.jpg

New England Patriots
The New England Patriots claimed and were awarded rookie DB Bret Lockett off waivers from the Cleveland Browns today. To make room on the 53-man roster for Lockett, the Patriots released WR Greg Lewis.

[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots claimed and were awarded rookie DB Bret Lockett off waivers from the Cleveland Browns today. To make room on the 53-man roster for Lockett, the Patriots released WR Greg Lewis.

Lockett, 6-1, 211 pounds, originally joined the Cleveland Brown s as a rookie free agent out of UCLA on May 4, 2009. During his collegiate career, he played in 48 of a possible 50 games. Lockett started all 11 games as a senior and totaled 61 tackles.
Lewis, 6-0, 185 pounds, was acquired by the Patriots from the Philadelphia Eagles during a trade on March 5, 2009. Lewis, 29, is a veteran of six NFL seasons, all with the Eagles (2003-08). He has played in 90 career games with 23 starts and has recorded 127 receptions for 1,699 yards (13.4 avg.) and seven touchdowns while also recording 41 special teams tackles. Lewis was originally signed by the Eagles as a rookie free agent from of the University of Illinois in the Spring of 2003.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Patriots sign veteran G Kendall Simmons[/h1]
text_size.jpg

New England Patriots
The New England Patriots signed veteran G Kendall Simmons today. Terms of the contract were not announced by the team.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots signed veteran G Kendall Simmons today. Terms of the contract were not announced by the team.

Simmons, 6-3, 315 pounds, spent the last seven seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers after joining Pittsburgh as a first-round draft pick (30th overall) out of Auburn in 2002. Simmons has started 81 regular-season games and seven postseason games during his seven NFL seasons.

Simmons started the first five games at right guard for Pittsburgh last season before suffering an Achilles injury that forced him to miss the remainder of the year. He was released by Pittsburgh in February.

Simmons earned a starting position at right guard as a rookie in 2002. After starting 14 games in 2002 and all 16 games in 2003, he missed the entire 2004 season with a knee injury. He rebounded in 2005 to start all 16 games and four postseason games, including a start in Super Bowl XL during Pittsburgh's victory over Seattle. In that game, he was a part of an offensive line that helped the Steelers rush for 181 yards.

[h2]Bruschi to tackle NFL for ESPN[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Tedy Bruschi, who enjoyed a long career with the New England Patriots and won three Super Bowl rings, is joining ESPN's stable of NFL analysts.

987.jpg

Bruschi

ESPN made the announcement Tuesday, saying Bruschi will provide NFL analysis on ESPNBoston.com, the network's new local sports site, and appear on NFL Live, SportsCenter, ESPN Radio and other ESPN platforms.

ESPNBoston.com launches on Monday, the day the Patriots play their season opener on "Monday Night Football" against the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium.

"Tedy Bruschi has embodied the Patriots and their unrivaled success the past decade, and we are thrilled that this three-time Super Bowl champion is joining our roster of NFL experts as well as ESPNBoston.com, which will give New England sports fans a stable of authentic and familiar Boston voices when it launches Monday," said Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president, production.

[h4]Mike and Mike in the Morning[/h4]
Former New England Patriot Tedy Bruschi explains his decision to retire, talks about what makes the Patriots' locker room different than any other in the NFL and gives his take on the Richard Seymour trade to Oakland.

More Podcasts »

Bruschi retired last month after 13 seasons of playing linebacker and being the leader of New England's defense, saying he was simply too old and found his "body doesn't heal as quickly."

"I'm very excited to be joining the ESPN team. I hope to bring my passion and knowledge for the game as an analyst just as I did as a player," Bruschi said in a statement. "I look forward to the national exposure of covering the entire league while also having the opportunity to stay close to my roots here with ESPNBoston.com."

Bruschi is equally as well known for his determination off the field. After suffering a mild stroke in February 2005, he endured months of rehabilitation before he was medically cleared to play and returned to the Patriots lineup in October for the seventh game of that season after having surgery for a hole in his heart.

"I was retired," he said at the time. "I didn't think it was possible."

At the end of that season, Bruschi was named the 2005 NFL Comeback Player of the Year and received both the Ed Block Courage Award and the Maxwell Football Club's Spirit Award.

Bruschi also has been named to NFL.com's All-Interview Team for accessibility to the media, and he has been one of the Patriots most active players in the greater Boston community. When his retirement announcement was made, Patriots coach Bill Belichick called him "the perfect player," and team owner Robert Kraft, citing "executive privilege," promptly named him honorary defensive captain of the franchise's 50th Anniversary Team.

Bruschi played in 189 regular-season games, more than any linebacker in Patriots history. His 631 total tackles over the past six seasons were the most on the team. For his career, he had 1,134 tackles, 30½ sacks and 12 interceptions, four of them touchdowns.

I've been here...just not here. Sort of.
laugh.gif

Summer + Vacation taking up most of my time...I lurked on NT here and there when I got the chance and have been reading up on threads that I missed tho.

I was attempting to get one of my OG names unbanned but Meth said all my current account(s) (
nerd.gif
) would have to be cut off. I might stick with this one...fornow...

Man, my boy texted me about the Seymour trade and I was just like..."Al Davis loves bending over for us, huh?"
laugh.gif

Hopefully everyone else steps up...I'm curious as to how the secondary does this year. Hopefully Springs stays healthy and Bodden is consistent.

word. yeah i think its a big year for meriweather in the defensive backfield. he should be solid and continue to progress from last season.

the rest of the secondary should be OK...not great, but not terrible. as long as we can pressure QB's up front, it'll be ok i think.

nice article, jay...mayo
pimp.gif

man i hate having the mnf game...i hate waiting all day sunday and then all day monday
mad.gif
laugh.gif

tomorrow night needs to get here asap

Saturday, September 12, 2009
[table][tr][td]BOSTON PATRIOTS (0-0)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Slater, Matthew[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Elbow (DNP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Doubtful[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Questionable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Connolly, Dan[/td] [td]OL[/td] [td]Back (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Edelman, Julian[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Ankle (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pryor, Myron[/td] [td]DL[/td] [td]Calf (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Welker, Wes[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wheatley, Terrence[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Probable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brady, Tom[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Right Shoulder (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lockett, Bret[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]Chest (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Morris, Sammy[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Finger (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Springs, Shawn[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Knee (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Watson, Ben[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Hamstring (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]BUFFALO BILLS (0-0)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fine, Derek[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Hamstring (DNP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florence, Drayton[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Knee (DNP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Doubtful[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Questionable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Probable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury / Practice Participation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Johnson, Spencer[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]Thigh (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][/table]

prepare for dirty sanchez
pimp.gif

AP090913032323.jpg

u dirtbags are goin down !!!!!!!!

no cameras allowed for u guys
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what's that stat about opposing QBs going up against bill belichick for the first time? i forget, but it's something ridiculous. then again, this gameis at the meadowlands and the jets always play us tough. should be a good one.

but we need to get by buffalo first. need to come out strong and get this W.

i forgot u guys haven't completed week 1
laugh.gif

i'll wait till tomorrow to start the trash talking ..........

Nice comeback W, but certain things need to be addressed...

Excluding the last couple plays of the game, the D looked bad. Edwards had all day to throw back there and our secondary was meh. Mayo's injury has thepotential to be a real big blow to the team...hopefully he's not out that long.

Brady isn't all the way there yet but that's fine. Only the first game of the year...they'll get everything right soon enough.

Seymour's loss might hurt the team a little more than I thought it would...time will tell though.

Jets next week...rookie QB Sanchez did nice in his first game. Belichick doesn't let rookie QB's beat him but our D don't look like they're inthe business of shutting anyone down right now...I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets pulled this one out
ohwell.gif

...that's if Tom and co. still ain't clicked yet

our defense was basically what i expected. i knew it wasn't going to be able to win us a game. but it kept us in the game. the mayo injury could break usthough. as far as dirty sanchez and co. next week, it's not going to be pretty on the defensive side of the ball.

on offense...our playcalling was HORRIBLE for most of the game. 3rd and 4, and 3rd and goal from like the 4...and we try and run? c'mon...throw throwthrow!!!

brady hopefully shook off the jitters on those last two drives. the offense needs to sharpen up for the jets and their defense next week.

Back
Top Bottom