OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Man, I hope Penny brings his A game tomorrow. Let's get this thing to 8-0 for the year.
pimp.gif

^ that'd be so damn clutch...i dont see it happening. CC KNOWS he needs to own tomorrow...but w/e...im already satisfied with this series...got the two wewanted

Yea im satisfied with the two. The way the Yankees were playing coming into the series/the way we were playing I wasnt sure about this one. But yea CC knows hehas to dominate because they've been in the Pen in the third inning in both of these games.

NY media covers are up in the Yankees thread they are pretty good, They even got put on the front cover of the NY Post. If we can beat CC tonight the papers2morrow could be classic material. I would expect nothing less than pictures of guys ready to jump off the George Washington Bridge with the caption"Seasons Over"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

showcasing their captain on the covers, huh? interesting. and yeah, if we could knock CC around tonight, oh man, those covers would be priceless.

im kinda feeling greedy, i wish theyd bump up lester and pitch him tonight. itd give us a better shot at winning, even tho he hasnt been spectacular this yearby any means. either way, i think it's more on our bats to get to CC. if penny can just keep us within striking distance, that's fine.

Lets get this sweep 8-0 here we come. No wins for the Yankees against us this year would be amazing. But lets take this one game at a time. Penny better notgive up too many runs, and lets get to CC early.

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the bar. I kinda hate watching the games there because every time I look away and then look back up and its in the middle of a play I feellike im wachin a replay or some %@#$.

Anyways great comeback win. I thought I wanted to blow out the Yankees before the game started, but after seein all the distraught Yankee fans at the bar whenwe took the lead again made this so much sweeter. And Ortiz with another HR and atleast one other hit that I can remember, I feel like he may be coming around,#!+$ the haters, #!+$ the doubters, he knew it was now or never.

And The covers will be up as soon as I get into work 2morrow. They should be classic, since we didnt just win, they had the W and let is slip. 8-0 +%%!%*!. Sryjust a little amped because Ive been goin back and forth with Yankee fans all night at the bar

yeah im the same with watching at the bars. i usually have to for games played mon-wed...but tonight i just watched at home with the rents.

Yea id much rather watch the game at the crib, but asll my people was goin out, so I sucked it up. I see you onto your second SN. I may have to go through theYankee thread looks like it may have been interesting

Edit: Aw BOOOOOOOOOO not as many facepalms as I was expecting. But itll do.

Yea had to go a little hard as a parting shot. But I hope it doesnt compare to the covers tomorrow. Im hoping for no mercy. like I said in the Yankees thread Iwould frame the cover if it just a picture of the Yankee's pen with the caption "COMMIT THAT............" I would rasterbate that

Yea CC should not be on the cover (Unless they decide to go with positive covers psssssssssssssh, who am i kidding). He did his thing, and he is giving themtheir moneys worth this year. I would have been ecstatic if we were able to land him this last offseason. Im not gonna lie I didnt think he was gonna beast inthe AL East but he is really the only one giving the Yankees good outtings every night. They really needed to just let him work through that game tho.

So yea your prediction of Girardi on the cover is prolly right since he was so quick to pull him.

Well covers are up. We got 3 more series left with the Yankees. hopefully we can keep this momentum going for inter-league play. We drew a fairly easy divisionthis year to play against we should be ok. And with the Yankees playing the Mets this weekend hopefully we can pick up a couple more games on them.

Can not complain at all. Great series, Papi breaking out of the slump (hopefully for good), another sweep, and Penny with a nice start. I was definitely notfeeling good coming into the series. We werent playing the best ball and the Yankees were playing well. We gotta play everyone like they are the Yankees tho, Idont want September to roll around and Sox/Yanks games mean playoffs or not.

yeah i hear ya AIF. i hope we just stay on track and play like 600 ball from here on out. gotta get a nice lead and record for the next round of series withthe yankees

on to philly....

Jon Lester, LHP (5-5, 5.09) @ Joe Blanton, RHP (4-3, 5.46)
Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP (1-4, 7.33) @ Antonio Bastardo, LHP (2-0, 2.45)
Josh Beckett, RHP (7-2, 3.77) @ J.A. Happ, LHP (4-0, 2.98)

Back
Top Bottom