OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Thats dirty. you tryin to get this locked up lol. But you might get yourself banned for that one. I wont be a douche and quote. Im not tryin to get dudesbanned over a Sox Yanks rivalry. lol

But thanx for blessin the thread wit some booty meat

Yankees> Red Sox. Bostons got luck right now. Yankees gonna whip that a** tomoro and the day after.

Papi hit a HR?

roll.gif

We're so bad.

Great win. Got the shut out, Papi hit a HR and is on a nice hit streak. Could ask for a better way to start off the series. Hopefully we gonna stroke the Wang2morrow and then well be bringin out the brooms on Thursday.

Edit: And like I've said before. If Yankee fans want to jump ship to a winners post they can come on down. we wont judge...............Much
bone_cartoon_character_with_welcoming_open_arms.jpg

just got back. sweet win. beckett doing his thing and papi getting in on the action (pause)
pimp.gif

let's keep it rolling tomorrow...don't let the wang get big (third time ive made that joke but it does not get old
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Why is my name in this thread?
laugh.gif

What did I Lose again?
laugh.gif

nah it was more about letting NTers into your personal business rather than you...no offense intended

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Lol where that come from? Is there somethin on ESPN right now?
laugh.gif
yeah i saw him flip out after getting stepped on. no wonder manny *$%%* slapped him

the roids didnt help either

manny = very
mad.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Hopefully the Wang is limp as a noodle 2night.
let's not let him straighten himself out.
let's not let him get big tonight.
hopefully he stays firing blanks.

laugh.gif

I got a few but ima save em for the Yankee thread later. Just posted the covers in the Yankee thread. They arent as good as usual but with the Wanger pitchin2night if they lose again the covers 2morrow will be pretty good.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Red Sox pick dynamic outfielder at 28[/h1] [h2]Cousin of Mets slugger Beltran, Fuentes possesses speed[/h2]
By John Barone / MLB.com
BOSTON -- Reymond Fuentes says he is comparable to his cousin, an All-Star outfielder by the name of Carlos Beltran. He'll get his chance to prove just how similar as a member of the Red Sox.
Boston selected Fuentes, a center fielder out of Fernando Callejo High School in Puerto Rico, with the 28th overall pick of Tuesday's First-Year Player Draft.

Born in Florida before moving to Puerto Rico at the age of 9, the 18-year-old Fuentes follows in the Major League footsteps of Beltran, who also played for Fernando Callejo High School and is now on the Mets.

"I consider myself very similar to Carlos," Fuentes said in a conference call on Tuesday night. "When he's playing, he just plays the game and nothing else. When I play, I am very focused. I do what I have to do. I don't pay any attention to anything outside the game. I just play ball."

Fuentes, who said he followed the Draft results from his computer in Puerto Rico, received a congratulatory phone call from Beltran, whose Mets were playing the Phillies at Citi Field on Tuesday.

"I was very surprised," Fuentes said. "I didn't know that I was going to get picked by Boston, but I'm very excited."

According to Baseball America, the left-handed-hitting and lefty-throwing Fuentes is "an electric, game-changing player" whose contact-oriented approach and superior speed make him an ideal leadoff hitter. Like current Red Sox center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury, Boston's first-round selection in the 2005 Draft, Fuentes has drawn comparisons to former Sox star Johnny Damon.

"He's really athletic," Red Sox director of amateur scouting Jason McLeod said of the six-foot, 160-pound Fuentes. "He's an athletic center fielder. I think that's the first thing you notice when you see him. He's kind of a lean, wiry-bodied kid right now. But first and foremost, speed is going to be part of his game. He's a plus-plus runner.

"We really think he has an opportunity to be that leadoff-type player that can give us very good defense in center field and hopefully disrupt on the bases as well."

McLeod said that Red Sox scout Edgar Perez identified Fuentes two years ago, affording the organization ample time to evaluate the prospect.

"He had been on the radar for quite some time," McLeod said. "We had plenty of looks from our staff. He was one of the kids we were really hoping would be there at our pick."

Fuentes represents the third high school player taken by the Sox with their first pick since general manager Theo Epstein was hired in November 2002, joining pitcher/shortstop Casey Kelly (2008) and outfielder Jason Place ('06). Fuentes is the first Puerto Rican selected in the first round since Miguel Negron, who was taken 18th overall by Toronto in the 2000 Draft.

"Being a first-rounder from Puerto Rico is amazing," Fuentes said. "I'm very excited. I thank God every day for giving me the tools that I need to be a first-rounder."

An organization that has stockpiled top-notch big league talent in recent Drafts, the Red Sox are confident they've added yet another gem to their farm system.

"As we got to know Reymond more and more, we felt he had the makeup and capability of someone who could be our first-round pick and everything that comes with it," McLeod said. "We feel like he's a kid that could really impact the organization. He was the guy we really wanted."

Yea they were talkin about it yesterday during the game. They did a game break right after the pick and they said he had a ridiculous 40 or something likethat.

is anybody in here? lol

go sox.........PAH-DROIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man thats a lifeless wang

We dont post in this thread, we go into the Yankees thread and just get on them. Just dont get obnoxious cuz they have a much bigger following on NT we dontneed them flooding our $%#% with garbage.

pimp.gif

that's what i'm talking about...way to get wake the run support boys.

papelbon needs to get a bit sharper, but well done

Back
Top Bottom