OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

wow, great pitching performance by anderson.

Is this really only the 2nd time you guys have been shut-out all season? Or only the 2nd time @ home?

Yeah, only the second time overall.

That was the worst offensive performance by the Sox that I've seen this year besides when we got absolutely dominated by Matt Garza in April.

i will say, our lineup tonight was like a c grade lineup....but still, no excuses.

on to tomorrow night...MUST recover
laugh.gif

I'm about 99.98% postive that you guys will run the score up on Dana Eveland.

Got no faith in that bum.

an absolute gem by Brett Anderson tonight

but don't worry Sox fans you will have your way with Dana tommorow night

[yankees fan metality] Man, I dont know how we are ever going to win another game this season. I dont see this team winning anything this year. I mean reallythe Athletics? Absolutly disgraceful[/Yankees fan mentality}

But in all seriousness that was a bad game, but like its been said already we didnt really put out a good lineup tonight. O well on to tomorrow, If we take theseries its not too big of a big deal.

nomar had as many hits as the entire sox lineup. great.

left in the 8th looking like this
indifferent.gif

good thing we signed rasheed.

Not feeling Pap's pitching this year. Over here about to have a heart attack everytime he pitches close games now. It seems like its never 1, 2, 3,anymore. But w/e a win is a win.

And another strong game by Wakefield. Now tied for the most wins in the Majors going into the All-Star break.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Not feeling Pap's pitching this year. Over here about to have a heart attack everytime he pitches close games now. It seems like its never 1, 2, 3, anymore. But w/e a win is a win.

And another strong game by Wakefield. Now tied for the most wins in the Majors going into the All-Star break.
im with on all that man. pap, he's not the same. but as long as he keeps getting it done, i'll take it.

on the royals for 4 (yes 4! thank god) games

Time for the Royals. If we can take all 4 of these that would be great. Here are the pitching Match-ups for the weekend. We dont even get Grenkie we should begood. Hopefully Smoltz can get his first win as a Sox this weekend too.

Thursday, July 9th @ 7:10 PM

Luke Hochevar (R) (4-3, 5.08) vs Brad Penny (R) (6-3, 4.67)

Friday, July 10th @ 7:10 PM

Brian Bannister (R) (6-6, 3.87) vs Jon Lester (L) (7-6, 4.16)

Saturday, July 11th @ 7:10 PM

Gil Meche (R) (4-8, 4.14) vs John Smoltz (R) (0-2, 6.60)

Sunday, July 12th @ 1:35 PM

Bruce Chen (L) (0-3, 6.88) vs Josh Beckett (R) (10-3, 3.62)

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

i'm going to be at the redsox game against the royals on friday. anyone going?

I'm going too. First time this year for me.

Jeez every couple days the Bullpen decides to like take a day off on crappy teams, first the O's now the Royals. gimme a break
can they stop diverting back to their old ways, getting lead before All-Star break and having it slowly slip away to the Skankees

Back
Top Bottom