OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Thank God. I'd rather give Bowden a chance than continue ro run Smoltz out there. Or is Dice-K gonna be ready?

Smoltz is dunzo.

And I think Dice K should be ready in the next 2 weeks or so. We gotta get it together or we might be watching the playoffs this year. Im not panicked yet butI am starting to get a little worried

lets hold our heads up! we been through worse we're the damn red sox
laugh.gif

shoot, if colorado can blast in2 the 07 WS the way they did........but it wont come to that!

True, we still leading the Wild Card race and as long as we are in it we have a chance. But things are not looking great right now. We lightweight needed thatgame last night. But the bats need to wake up. Hopefully with Bay back in the lineup we can get things together. And we need to get some pitching back too.Dice needs to come back and atleast be serviceable and Wake I think is only on the DL so that his arm doesnt get overused since he is old so he should be fine.

i been away at wedding festivities this weekend, so i was sneaking peaks at the games at the bar. not much to say other than what the hell. pathetic offense.thank god we dumped smoltz. i hear we're picking up christian guzman?

well let's avoid the sweep tonight.

onewearz, yeah i got the fries. amazing stuff. but the burps that follow...
sick.gif

We need to win every game that Beckett and Lester start cause who knows what we're gonna get from the rest of our starting pitching.

Our offense is embarrassing. 0 runs and 4 hits in each of the last 2 games, one of which was 15 innings.
sick.gif

We made A.J. Burnett look like friggin Roy Halladay.

from bill simmons' twitter:

"sportsguy33 You know your season is in trouble when you're excited because your team foiled a no-hitter in the second inning."

Daniel Bard really has to get his game on point.
tired.gif

We better pick it up, or we'll be looking up at the Rays in the division and the Rangers in the Wild Card, too.

everyone take a deep breath...too bad we dont have a day off today. would have been nice to clear our heads a bit.

on to 4 with detroit:

Edwin Jackson, RHP (8-5, 2.62) @ Brad Penny, RHP (7-6, 5.20)
Rick Porcello, RHP (10-7, 4.30) @ Junichi Tazawa, RHP (0-1, 10.80)
Armando Galarraga, RHP (6-10, 5.23) @ Josh Beckett, RHP (13-4, 3.12)
Justin Verlander, RHP (12-6, 3.45) @ Clay Buchholz, RHP (1-2, 5.33)

We should be able to get back on track against Detroit. But what is Tito doing with the matchups. It seems like hes not really thinking them through. He hasBeckett going against their worst pitcher. I guess maybe its just a matter of the way the rotation works out but damn. Those matchups vs the Yankees were bad.But hey what are you gonna do. gotta put that behind us and just do work.

We need wins and it really doesnt matter how we get them at this point.

^ yeah i think you're right, it's just how the rotation worked out. the starters were doing fine this weekend so i think he doesnt want to touch it. iwant to know why bowden hasnt been scheduled to go instead of tazawa though.

fenway is in HORRIBLE shape due to all the summer concerts. the grass in deep center is totally eff'd up
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom