OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Youk dropped his appeal and is gonna start serving the suspension tonight.

Tony K went in on Porcello on PTI and said there's no way Youk should get the same suspension as Porcello. I think Youk would've had a decent shot toget it reduced, but might as well just get it over with I guess.

pimp.gif

Nice to see Jason Bay have a good game. We're gonna need him to start raking again.

solid win. great outing by beckett. the offense showed up. bay and lowell wildin.

and tampa lost again too
pimp.gif

Good win. We are gonna have to get after Verlander early 2morrow. Clay just has to keep things in order till we get to the bullpen, since their bullpen isbeyond shakey.

^ that's a good point with verlander. tomorrow will be a real test for the offense

beckett the first the reach 14 wins...solid...definite shades of 2007

81267117.jpg

Not lookin good right now. We had our chance to get at Verlander Early but we didnt. If the Tigers can help it im guessing they wont go to the bullpen either.We got two more chances to make up these 2 runs. Not impossible. Lets go.

[h2]Source: Red Sox near deal for Gonzalez[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Peter Gammons
ESPN.com
Archive

The Boston Red Sox were finalizing a waiver deal Friday to acquire shortstop Alex Gonzalez from the Cincinnati Reds, according to a source.

3916.jpg

Gonzalez

The 32-year old Gonzalez, who makes $5.37 million and will be a free agent at the end of the season, batted .255 for the Red Sox in 2006. He became a free agent and signed with Cincinnati.

He is hitting .210 with a .258 on-base percentage for the Reds this season.

There have been numerous reports concerning the Red Sox looking for a veteran shortstop.

They did not put in a claim for Washington's Cristian Guzman, and Milwaukee's J.J. Hardy has yet to be placed on waivers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4399324

^ welcome back gonzo...that average is
sick.gif
but his glove is appreciated

not a bad series against detroit...verlander is killer

Jon Lester, LHP (9-7, 3.67) @ Kevin Millwood, RHP (9-7, 3.38)

Brad Penny, RHP (7-6, 5.16) @ Derek Holland, LHP (5-7, 5.04)

Junichi Tazawa, RHP (1-1, 4.05) @ Dustin Nippert, RHP (3-1, 3.62)

let's get some breathing room in the WC race...

We should've just kept Gonzalez in the first place. He's not much of a hitter but at least he's a beast in the field. Better than overpaying forLugo who's incompetent at everything (except in the JV league right now).

^ yeah i agree. he didn't even hit THAT poorly with us for a number 9 guy. he had some timely hits

Yeah, Gonzalez wasn't even that bad of a hitter in his 1 year with the Sox. He was better at the plate than Lugo was in his first 2 years here. Andthey're on complete opposite ends of the spectrum fielding-wise. He should've won a Gold Glove when he was here too, but they somehow gave it to Jeter.
smh.gif

What a comeback. I was str8 buggin on the car ride home when I heard Buckholz got thrown out at the plate for hesitating on a DOUBLE. Who the %%%% does that.Then Martinez comes up huge with the 2 RBI go ahead double. Gotta wait for the highlights now that Im home. Now The Yankees just gotta lose.

Feel like I got kicked in the nards tonight...
smh.gif
sick.gif

What a terrible, terrible loss... That one hurts more than any Rangers loss I can remember...

Like the matchups for the next two days though... Penny and Tazawa don't exactly strike fear into anybody... Looks like this offense is finally comingaround with Hamilton catching his stride and Kinsler is back from a long break on the DL tomorrow...

Next two games are huge. It'll be interesting to see how the guys rebound from a loss as gut-wrenching as this...

just got back from the bars....wow. what an eruption when we went ahead in the 9th. the bar was ready to explode. great comeback win!

klj....vic =
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom