OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

laugh.gif

dont get so butt hurt. im sure blake wasn't yelling "I HATE YOUR FATHER" at the guy. he probably didnt know the reason behind it

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

thats !%*%!@ stupid that he got mad. i hate that pitchers do all their hoorah and act like the won a world series (ala k-rod) just for a regular save. if you do some dumb +%!@ like that, you best believe imma pose at the plate for 5 seconds to watch my homerun just to rub it in. just like manny did when he hit that Hr off k-rod a couple years ago to eliminate them from the playoffs. he just stood there with his hands up
laugh.gif
Have you actually seen Wilson do it? If you have, you'd know that he turns his back toward the hitter.. And unlike K-Rod or even Papelbon, Wilson does his cross thing after the save not after every strike out. And more importantly, he does this to honor his late father. He doesn't care about the Dodgers nor Casey Blake.

If you pose at the plate for 5 seconds, "you best believe imma" be throwing at your ear hole.

I too dislike the antics of the previous mentioned K-Rod and Papelbon. Even Joba rubs me the wrong way. But all Wilson does is cross his arm.

Dodgers are getting edgy....bums.
It actually dates back to last season. I remember Blake and others getting heated at Wilson for his antics. I remember Blake telling Wilson to"tone it down". Well, Blake sent a message today. Funny thing is Blake is one of the nicest/classiest and professional guys in MLB. So itobviously rubbed him the wrong way.

Well, we have lost 3 out of 4 without Manny, and the thing is that only one of those loses can be attributed to a lack of offense. The bullpens performancethe past 4 games has been disgusting. I'm not counting Saturday since the bullpen wasn't a factor (Stults
smokin.gif
). I don't like the way Torre has been handling the bullpen, then againthat has always been his flaw.

At the same time, the offense spots you a 2 run lead, by scoring 4 runs against Tim Lincecum and the team ends up blowing the lead. Casey Blake's HR, washuuuuge. Yet it wasn't enough. The offense has been sputtering as well. Now that Russell J. Martin is playing like Russell Martin, we have Andre Ethiertrying to carry the team on his shoulder and failing. Loney is still struggling, if you are not going to hit for power, at least be the .300+ hitter you aresupposed to be. Rafael Furcal is struggling. At least Juan Pierre has stepped up.

It's scary to think what this team can do if they all click at the same time.

As far as the Manny situation, I am over it, upon much thinking. I feel in line with Weisman, and I will elaborate tomorrow night. I'm beat, 11 games in11 days
sick.gif

Oh yeah, Mota is garbage.

I couldn't care less.

All I'm saying, Blake shouldn't be taking it so personal. And Mr Jordan04 needs to learn how to read because an article was posted in this very threadexplaining why Wilson does what he does.

I couldn't care less.

All I'm saying, Blake shouldn't be taking it so personal. And Mr Jordan04 needs to learn how to read because an article was posted in this very thread explaining why Wilson does what he does.
Wait, What?

Blake shouldn't take it personal, yet Brian Wilson can?

The threat of retaliation is coming from the Giants, yet Blake is the one taking it personal because he mocked him
laugh.gif

The Giants want to play chicken with the devil, next time we play we will have this guy back and I'm sure the team will say bring it on:

manny-ramirez-fight2.jpg

One thing they learned from the NLCS last year is that they will not hesitate to fight back. Especially the young pitchers (Bills and Brox), so if someonethrows at Blake during their next meeting........

I couldn't care less.

All I'm saying, Blake shouldn't be taking it so personal. And Mr Jordan04 needs to learn how to read because an article was posted in this very thread explaining why Wilson does what he does.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IRONMAN summed it all up for me. thanks for not making me write that
glasses.gif

Ehh, Blake must have not known that Wilson does that after EVERY save. He doesn't do it to show people up, as already explained it's for his father.I'm sure if Blake knew that he would not have done it. But he really shouldn't take it personal, Wilson or Blake.

i hate to say this but what did blake do....i turned it off after 2 outs in the 13th?

edit....nvm i read....

Ehh, Blake must have not known that Wilson does that after EVERY save. He doesn't do it to show people up, as already explained it's for his father. I'm sure if Blake knew that he would not have done it. But he really shouldn't take it personal, Wilson or Blake.

Cosign
ooIRON MANoo- Yea Broxton and Bills will be inthe dugout when 100 and 101 mph fastballs are comin at his #+%#%* face

Whose throwing at people's face, I understand retaliating and hitting the batter. But the face is a no, no. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Giantsdid do that, aka Juan Marichal.

[table][tr][td]2009 Power Rankings: May 11[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]RK (LW)[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]COMMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1 (4)[/td] [td]Red Sox[/td] [td]20-12[/td] [td]Jason Bay is hitting .379 (11-for-29) with 14 RBIs in the past seven games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2 (1)[/td] [td]Dodgers[/td] [td]22-11[/td] [td]No Manny? No problem. Juan Pierre is 9-for-16 with three doubles, four RBIs and four runs scored in four games as Ramirez's replacement.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]3 (2)[/td] [td]Cardinals[/td] [td]20-12[/td] [td]Albert Pujols has reached base in 29 of 31 games in 2009.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]4 (3)[/td] [td]Blue Jays[/td] [td]22-12[/td] [td]Toronto (204) is the only club with 200 runs scored this season.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]5 (20)[/td] [td]Mets[/td] [td]17-13[/td] [td]The Mets won seven straight games and eight of nine after GM Omar Minaya questioned the club's edge and leadership.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]6 (9)[/td] [td]Tigers[/td] [td]17-13[/td] [td]With Justin Verlander (3-0, 0.39 ERA since April 27) as the ace, Detroit starters are 8-4, 2.77 in their past 14 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]7 (14)[/td] [td]Brewers[/td] [td]18-14[/td] [td]Driven by Ryan Braun (.345 BA, 8 HR, 28 RBI), Milwaukee has won six of eight games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]8 (11)[/td] [td]Cubs[/td] [td]17-14[/td] [td]Chicago has won seven of 10 despite little offense from Milton Bradley (.179) and Geovany Soto (.169).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]9 (10)[/td] [td]Royals[/td] [td]18-14[/td] [td]Kansas City is the MLB leader in ERA (3.45).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]10 (18)[/td] [td]Rangers[/td] [td]17-14[/td] [td]Texas has won nine of 13 to climb to the top of its division despite the absence of Josh Hamilton, who returns Tuesday.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]11 (22)[/td] [td]Angels[/td] [td]16-14[/td] [td]The Angels have won 10 of their past 13; in those victories, their ERA is 1.80 (18 runs in 90 IP).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]12 (6)[/td] [td]Phillies[/td] [td]15-14[/td] [td]Jimmy Rollins is hitting .195 with a .218 OBP, the worst in the majors among leadoff hitters.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]13 (7)[/td] [td]Yankees[/td] [td]15-16[/td] [td]Alex Rodriguez hit a home run in his first at-bat, but he followed it up with only one hit in his next 10 at-bats.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]14 (12)[/td] [td]Reds[/td] [td]17-14[/td] [td]Cincinnati's pitching staff leads baseball with six shutouts.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]15 (21)[/td] [td]Rays[/td] [td]15-18[/td] [td]With a major-league-leading 22 stolen bases, Carl Crawford has more steals than 23 clubs.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]16 (8 )[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]17-15[/td] [td]Florida is 6-14 in its past 20 games but remains near the top of the NL East.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]17 (15)[/td] [td]Giants[/td] [td]16-14[/td] [td]San Francisco is last in MLB in runs scored (109), but has won 13 of its past 19 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]18 (16)[/td] [td]Braves[/td] [td]15-16[/td] [td]Atlanta has six stolen bases, the only MLB team that has not yet reached double figures this season.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]19 (5)[/td] [td]Mariners[/td] [td]16-16[/td] [td]Before their win on Sunday, the Mariners had a six game losing streak in which their opponents outscored them 45-15.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]20 (17)[/td] [td]Twins[/td] [td]15-17[/td] [td]Catcher Joe Mauer is hitting .485 (16-for-33) with 10 RBIs in nine games after starting the season on the DL.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]21 (13)[/td] [td]White Sox[/td] [td]14-16[/td] [td]Clayton Richard will take Jose Contreras' (0-5, 8.19) turn in the rotation Tuesday.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]22 (29)[/td] [td]Orioles[/td] [td]13-19[/td] [td]Baltimore's pinch hitters (0-for-13 with eight strikeouts) are the only ones in the AL without a hit.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]23 (27)[/td] [td]Astros[/td] [td]14-17[/td] [td]Miguel Tejada had no home runs in the first 28 games, but he has two homers in the past four games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]24 (23)[/td] [td]Diamondbacks[/td] [td]13-19[/td] [td]Max Scherzer (0-3 in '09, 0-7 career) has failed to achieve a victory in his first 22 major league appearances, including 13 starts.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]25 (25)[/td] [td]Athletics[/td] [td]11-18[/td] [td]Oakland is last in the American League in batting average (.236), runs scored (121) and home runs (18).[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]26 (28)[/td] [td]Rockies[/td] [td]12-18[/td] [td]Manager Clint Hurdle has used 27 different lineups in 30 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]27 (24)[/td] [td]Padres[/td] [td]13-19[/td] [td]The Padres have lost 10 of 12 and now have a major-league-worst run differential of minus-38.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]28 (19)[/td] [td]Pirates[/td] [td]12-19[/td] [td]Pittsburgh has lost eight in a row and 12 of 13 games to fall to the NL Central basement.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]29 (26)[/td] [td]Indians[/td] [td]11-21[/td] [td]The Indians have lost seven of nine games and now have baseball's worst record.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]30 (30)[/td] [td]Nationals[/td] [td]10-19[/td] [td]Washington enjoyed its best stretch of the season, winning five of its past seven games.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I couldn't care less.

Wait, What?

The threat of retaliation is coming from the Giants, yet Blake is the one taking it personal because he mocked him
laugh.gif

The Giants want to play chicken with the devil, next time we play we will have this guy back and I'm sure the team will say bring it on:

manny-ramirez-fight2.jpg

One thing they learned from the NLCS last year is that they will not hesitate to fight back. Especially the young pitchers (Bills and Brox), so if someone throws at Blake during their next meeting........

Again, Brian Wilson does the cross without even thinking about Casey Blake or any other opponent. He is honoring his father. What Blake did was directly mockWilson - that was personally directed toward him. So who is taking it personally and who is crossing the line here?

And I personally feel nothing will come of this as far as retaliation goes. It's just a scumbag move on Blake's part. A career .260 hitter shouldsprint around the bases and sit back in the dugout.

[h3]Hard work paying off for Pierre[/h3]A starter again, outfielder benefiting from preparation
By Rhett Bollinger / MLB.com

05/11/09 4:30 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- As Juan Pierre talked to reporters following his three-hit performance on Sunday, his black T-shirt read "A minor setback for a major comeback."

The statement emblazoned across his shirt couldn't ring truer for Pierre, who has been a force offensively since the Dodgers lost Manny Ramirez for 50 games because of the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

In the four games since Ramirez's suspension, Pierre is hitting .563 (9-for-16) with four runs, four RBIs, two doubles, two walks and two stolen bases.

But the hard-working and humble Pierre, who also loves to sport a "Beast Mode" T-shirt, gave a simple response for why he's done so well since Ramirez has been out of the lineup.

"I'm just hitting the ball hard and finding some holes," Pierre said with a shrug.

Truthfully, though, Pierre was able to slide right into the Dodgers lineup because he worked as is he were playing every day even when he started just five out of 29 games before Thursday.

"When I wasn't playing, I was just trying to stay as prepared as possible for when I do get a chance to play," Pierre said. "Now that I'm playing a little bit, I just try to keep the same mind-frame. At least it's not foreign territory. I'm used to being out there every day, so it helps a lot."

Pierre has plenty of experience playing every day, as he played in 162 games for the Dodgers in 2007 before playing in just 119 games last season because of the acquisitions of Andruw Jones and later Ramirez.

It was a difficult change for Pierre, who had played in every game the previous five seasons before sharing time in a crowded outfield.

But Pierre still batted .283 and stole 40 bases to make the most out of the situation. And he entered Spring Training this season not knowing if Ramirez would be back because of the drawn-out contract negotiations that went on until March 4.

It was during Spring Training that Pierre came to terms with his not making the decisions on playing time, so the only thing he could do was prepare like he was starting.

"I realized that there's things I can't control," Pierre said. "The only thing I can control is the way I perform and if I hustle and all that. So that's what I focus on."

That mind-set has earned the respect of Dodgers manager Joe Torre, and that's why Torre is confident that Pierre will thrive in his role as Ramirez's temporary replacement in left field.

"Pierre's been great," Torre said. "Playing every day is nothing foreign for him, but he's been able to keep things together and he's been swinging the bat well."

The way Pierre plays the game has also rubbed off on some of the younger players, including fellow outfielders Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier.

Kemp, whose locker is next to Pierre's, has grown close to the 10-year veteran and tries learn from him. Kemp had nothing but positive things to say about his 31-year-old teammate.

"Juan does so much for us," Kemp said. "He's a speed guy. He gets on base. He plays good defense. He's just an all-around good baseball player."

And that all-around game should continue to help the Dodgers even in Ramirez's absence. Pierre is better defensively in left field than Ramirez, and his speed puts pressure on opposing pitchers and defenses.

Ramirez's production could only be duplicated by a handful of Major Leaguers, and the Dodgers aren't asking Pierre to try to replicate the numbers Ramirez would put up.

But Pierre has been out of this world as a starter this season, hitting .500 (17-for-34) with eight runs and six RBIs. He has struck out just once on the season.

Torre knows that it's impossible for Pierre to hit .500 the rest of the way, but he also knows Pierre can be a capable fill-in until Ramirez's scheduled return on July 3.

"He gives us a different look, but the only thing you're going to lose is the power threat Manny brings," Torre said. "If anybody is going to play the game hard, it's [Pierre]."

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I couldn't care less.

Wait, What?

laugh.gif

manny-ramirez-fight2.jpg

One thing they learned from the NLCS last year is that they will not hesitate to fight back. Especially the young pitchers (Bills and Brox), so if someone throws at Blake during their next meeting........

Again, Brian Wilson does the cross without even thinking about Casey Blake or any other opponent. He is honoring his father. What Blake did was directly mock Wilson - that was personally directed toward him. So who is taking it personally and who is crossing the line here?

And I personally feel nothing will come of this as far as retaliation goes. It's just a scumbag move on Blake's part. A career .260 hitter should sprint around the bases and sit back in the dugout.

And that sorry pitcher you call a closer should stop crying and keep it moving

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Casey Blake Created Some More Intensity in the Giants-Dodgers Rivalry[/h2]
tiny.v3808.gif
by Brendan Scolari on May 11, 2009 7:17 PM PDT
comment.v1599.png
1 comment

via 1.bp.blogspot.com

Or maybe Brian Wilson is just being a baby. But it seems that there may be even more bad blood between the Dodgers and Giants the next time they meet. In the 12th inning of yesterday's game Casey Blake launched a home run off of Giant's closer Brian Wilson to tie the score. After Blake got into the dugout he mocked Wilson's celebration that he does after each save, which can be seen here. This was apparently quite upsetting to Wilson, who has said that he makes the cross because of his religious beliefs and in honor of his late father.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle
"One by one, the Giants visited Wilson in the clubhouse... to console him after a friend sent to Wilson's cell phone an image of Blake mocking the cross-armed gesture the closer makes after each save... Wilson seemed very distraught about the incident.

Wilson wasn't eager to discuss the incident. Asked if he might talk to Blake the next time they meet, Wilson stood silent. (Giants reliever) Jeremy Affeldt, standing in the next locker said, 'Blake knows what he did.'"

I personally thought the whole thing was very funny. I hate seeing Wilson's celebration after every save because I think it looks kind of ridiculous. And if you are going to celebrate in an outgoing way, you should be able to handle when people make fun of your celebration. I know that it means a lot to Wilson, but there is still a point where you cross the line for what you can do on the baseball field and not have people think you are showing them up. Interestingly enough, the same thing happened in Baltimore yesterday, with Aubrey Huff mimicking Joba Chamberlain's fist pump at home plate after he hit a home run off of Joba.

However, some Giants fans don't feel the same way. Talk radio in the Bay Area is buzzing with people and hosts who think Casey Blake is a punk (and some other words) and he will get drilled the next time the two teams meet up. He's apparently the new most hated Dodger in San Francisco. It will take a while to find out, the next Dodgers-Giants series isn't until August, but it should be interesting to see if this is still a story then. Anything that makes the rivalry more fun is okay by me.

[h2]Sources: Records had key evidence[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Mark Fainaru-Wada
and T.J. Quinn
ESPN.com

The story of how Manny Ramirez was nabbed by baseball's drug-testing policy is rooted as much in the language of the collective bargaining agreement as it is in the fact that the Los Angeles Dodgers' slugger had synthetic testosterone in his body when he was tested this past spring.

Ultimately, Ramirez was brought down by his own private medical records -- records that the Major League Baseball Players' Association turned over on his behalf, as required under the sport's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

The Ramirez saga, as described by three sources with direct knowledge of the case, began to play out in spring training when the 36-year-old outfielder provided a urine sample for testing.

The test came back showing elevated levels of testosterone. Every individual naturally produces testosterone and a substance called epitestosterone, typically at a ratio of 1:1. In Major League Baseball, if the ratio comes in at 4:1 during testing, a player is flagged. In Ramirez's case, his ratio was between 4:1 and 10:1, according to one source.

At that point, MLB notified Ramirez of his elevated levels and began further investigation, including taking two primary actions:

First, MLB asked the World Anti-Doping Agency lab in Montreal, which conducts its testing, to perform a carbon isotope ratio test to determine whether the testosterone spike resulted from natural variations within Ramirez's body or from an artificial source. The test revealed the testosterone was synthetic -- in other words, it was ingested somehow.

Secondly, as per the drug-testing policy, MLB requested all of Ramirez's medical records, including those from doctors he might have consulted outside of MLB. Addendum C of the policy is authorization by every player to provide "health information" from "all health care providers (including but not limited to [add Club orthopedist and medical internist], other physicians, laboratories, clinics and Club trainers) with whom I have consulted pursuant to my Uniform Player's Contract or the Basic Agreement."

Ramirez and his representatives were prepared to appeal the synthetic testosterone results, intending to argue he had taken a steroid precursor known as DHEA, according to two sources. The drug is akin to the now-banned substance famously known as Andro, but it is not on baseball's banned list.

Baseball had geared up to dispute the argument, and a Ramirez appeal was scheduled for last Wednesday. MLB's legal team intended to use expert testimony to cite evidence it believed showed DHEA could not have been the cause of the synthetic testosterone.

However, in the days before the hearing, the union turned over Ramirez's medical records -- and they turned out to be a boon for MLB.

Within the records was a prescription written for the drug human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) -- No. 55 on the list of banned performance-enhancing substances in the policy. The drug is mainly used for female fertility issues, but it is best known among male steroid users as a substance that can help kick-start the body's production of natural testosterone, which is stymied when using synthetic testosterone (aka steroids).

The synthetic testosterone in Ramirez's body could not have come from the hCG, according to doping experts, and so suddenly Ramirez had two drugs to answer for. Worse still for the ballplayer, MLB now had a document showing he had been prescribed a banned substance. This was iron-clad evidence that could secure a 50-game suspension.

And so, in the hours before the appeal was scheduled to proceed, Ramirez notified MLB that he would accept the 50 games and drop his planned legal fight.

Soon thereafter, he issued his statement that his suspension had resulted from taking a medication -- not a steroid -- that was prescribed to him by a physician. Technically, that was true, but it was hardly the complete story.

Mark Fainaru-Wada and T.J. Quinn are investigative reporters with ESPN's enterprise unit. Fainaru-Wada can be reached at [email protected]. Quinn can be reached at [email protected].

Brian Wilson should be disgusted. As an Arizona fan it adds on to my hate. When someone makes it clear in articles and in words that it is for their father,you DO NOT mock him. Jordan04, you should learn the game of respect because certainly you and your "Fans" have none what so ever. Just my 2 centsworth.

this is the only time i'm going to add my 2cents on the subject

Blake isn't the douche type. IMHO he didn't have any inclination or knowledge of the reason behind what Wilson does.

That is all.

Did he not read the previous articles on various websites that stated why he does this. You guys certainly have a class act organization, Eric Gagne goingafter Micheal Tucker,Eric Karros riding the whole dodger organization on TV every time he announces a game. The list goes on,and you certainly must not forgetthat when your little freakshow in Manroid comes back that he and Blake will be taking 100 mph fastballs to the heads. And it certainly might not be fromWilson, look for Cain, Lincecum,and Johnson to stick up for the Giants.

laugh.gif
dude...

These guys DO have a life outside of baseball. Unlike you or myself who follow this out of love, i'm sure off the field these guys stay as far away fromthe game when they're not at the park.

I read all kinds of blogs and sites, but I myself didn't have ANY sort of knowledge. For all I knew it was Gagne doing a fistpump, KRod praising jesus likethe plague, or Papelbon doing the riverdance. We learned differently yesterday.

You apparently just have a deep hate for the dodgers, and that's cool. But for you to bring up players that aren't even on the squad anymore islaughable at best. Manroid eh? Luis Gonzalez must've been drinking strictly milkshakes in 2001 then...

Enjoy your season.

Back
Top Bottom