OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

i was thinkin the same thing lookin at the prices on craigslist.
best part is i dont even think its close to sold out. i was checking a bunch of sections on ticketmaster and there were awesome seats. they justcost too much. and all these people on craigslist want face value for them.

I don't think they expect a sellout, but a good showing. A few days ago there was an article on the dodgers being happy with sales thus far, maybewednesday

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I don't think they expect a sellout, but a good showing. A few days ago there was an article on the dodgers being happy with sales thus far, maybe wednesday

i just feel like with this being the USA, the game should be sold out. ill probably end up going anyway, i just need to find reasonable seats. what level areyou sitting in?

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

I don't think they expect a sellout, but a good showing. A few days ago there was an article on the dodgers being happy with sales thus far, maybe wednesday

i just feel like with this being the USA, the game should be sold out. ill probably end up going anyway, i just need to find reasonable seats. what level are you sitting in?

!!#$ ..... if mexico was there you'd be able to sell 50k EASY. LA is lil mexico. Like I've said earlier in the wbc post (and some people gotmad)....the usa roster is sub par. Even if they are winning....nobody really cares about the players on that team to drop the steep prices for tix

im sitting in the reserve, behind the plate, section 7 or so i believe

am i the only person going?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

im sitting in the reserve, behind the plate, section 7 or so i believe

am i the only person going?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'd like to see venezuela play, but unless the prices dropped.....ehhhhhh

has anyone ate at the stadium club restaurant? ive got reservations for 4pm, but am unsure of the food selection, as well as pricing.

ANY help and suggestions are appreciated folks

[h1]Dodgers hire broadcaster Collins[/h1][h2]Former NBC and ESPN announcer joins Lyons in TV booth[/h2]
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

PHOENIX -- The Dodgers have hired Eric Collins as a KCAL and PRIME TICKET television broadcasting partner for Steve Lyons on the 38 road games outside the division that Hall of Famer Vin Scully misses.
Collins, 39, has experience with Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball and women's softball. He was the lead play-by-play announcer for NBC in its baseball coverage of the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. For the past five years, he has called ESPN's College Baseball Super Regionals, and also performed radio and television play-by-play for the Chicago White Sox on occasions in 2004 and 2008.

The search for the broadcaster, led by Dodger vice president of communications Josh Rawitch and vice president of broadcasting Lauryn Lukin, included substantial participation from rightsholders Prime Ticket and KCAL TV, and other members of the Dodgers organization, according to the club.

Charley Steiner has moved from television to radio-only in the team's broadcasting change. Rawitch had earlier said that Scully was consulted before the search for a broadcaster began.

Speculation already has surfaced that the hiring of a new broadcaster is a precursor to the eventual retirement of Scully, who, at age 81, is entering his 60th year as the voice of the club. Scully has not said if he will continue on the air beyond 2009.

Steiner and booth partner Rick Monday each have two years remaining on their contracts; Lyons has one.

Collins earned a bachelor's degree from St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y., prior to earning a Master's from Syracuse University.

Ken Gurnick is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approvalof Major League Baseball or its clubs.

espn_eric_collins.jpg

damn korea is puttin in work in the first inning right now.

somewhere hee sop choi is smiling.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

damn korea is puttin in work in the first inning right now.

somewhere hee sop choi is smiling.

I always wondered why happened to dude. I remember the stadium would go crazy yelling "Heee! Sooooppp! Chooii!!".. Dude went on a homerun rampagefor a couple of games with us.

Milk carton status now.
nerd.gif

damn last i heard, he was with the red sox ... then he went to the minors then never got brought back up.

On May 14, 2007, Choi signed with the Kia Tigers in his hometown of Gwangju, South Korea. He went 0 for 5 in his first game after the move against the Doosan Bears.[sup][2][/sup]

After failing to perform well against Korean pitching, Choi was demoted to the Korean minor league affiliate of the Kia Tigers.

taken from Wiki.

Anyway, game on KCAL tomorrow @ 1.

roll.gif
nahhh I didn't go in, Just enjoyed the scenery with the fans. Was feening for a Grilled dog and Garlic fries, but it didn't feel right notbeing a dodger game and all so i'm gonna try to holdout til Opening day....

SOOO.....HARDD....

Watchin the game last night, the attendance was SOLID.

The pavilion, field levels, loge looked real packed.

Sidenote: you guys ever tried the unlimited garlic fries from red robin
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The attendance was pretty nice, a bit scattered but the people definitely WERE there. The little Korea factions was cool, dudes made me salty when I saw a fewof em with the official NIKE gear from their motherland, we cant get it here
smh.gif

Scalpers, Honestly, I didn't see too many dude. There was a long line at the box office next to the office entrance, I guess club level side .

Tonight though, will be sweet.

I'll say this though, You will NEVER..EHH EHH EVERRRR, see the parking lot with that many open spaces again though
laugh.gif
. I got out of the parking lot andonto the 110 within 20 minutes, been years since that happened.

BN i've only had shoestring fries from there, how are their garlic fries?

Question, when the hell did DS get rid of the gas station?!
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom