OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

looks like pedro is really tryna stick to his guns on that $5M salary.

having him at the 5 spot would bring some stability.

went to the game tonight.. was good stuff.. so glad to be back there..

crowd was pretty mellow.. felt pretty pre-season like (as it should).

got to see who some of my season seat neighbors are.. should be a fun time in section 3. loved watching those angel "fans" watch their team take theL.
Dodger dogs are 5 bucks now.. i think they were 4.25 last year. But they were really good! Cant wait for opening day.

Team looked good.. Martin struggled at the plate, but the other young guns were doing their job. Blake's homer was a bomb. Broxton still lookin shaky. Imworried about him as our closer. Manny on base all night.. should be telling of the season. I hope he walks away with the MVP.

^^are you gonna hook us up with your seats when u cant make it?
nerd.gif

wink.gif

hook it up with an angel game
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

but, eyegiant did you hear the dodger fans boo broxton when he couldnt find the strike zone?

laugh.gif
he was looking real real real shaky, depends too much on that fastball and he really needs a devastating breaking ball to really fool hitters.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

hook it up with an angel game
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

but, eyegiant did you hear the dodger fans boo broxton when he couldnt find the strike zone?

laugh.gif
he was looking real real real shaky, depends too much on that fastball and he really needs a devastating breaking ball to really fool hitters.
I think Broxton is too much of a humble, nice dude to be a closer.
laugh.gif

He needs some killer instinct injected into him.

yeah we all got a bit nervous in the 9th. Dude needs to get his head on straight and take the closer role seriously. He knows fans are watching him to seal thedeal, and if he doesnt, he is gonna hear it from us. after the run scored, i saw the bullpen start moving around, dont know who they had warming up.

I was happy with pitching for most of the night. Wolf looked good, even tho he didnt play long, belisario wasnt bad either. angels are a tough team, and wekept them off the bases. I think we had a total of 10 Ks, which is great.

did you see abreu's knees buckle when ohman hit him with the breaking ball
laugh.gif

sat in section 44, but there was enough empty seats we moved to section 9 right behind the dugout
smokin.gif

Brox looked good after he shook off the bad pitches, Ohman OH MANNNNN
pimp.gif

if only I had the loot to sit there for a whole season
smh.gif

Team looks solid, Hudson though hitting just above the mendoza line for the spring, I know he showed up late but still
ohwell.gif

Hopefully the roster gets announced tonight or something?

eek.gif
season pops off monday.

Spending my saturday in traffic school, ftl.

damn kemp and them breaking balls
sick.gif

kershaw looks solid, top of the order did work on coffey

bellasario has some nasty stuff.

prince fielder was on a vegetarian diet last season?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ troncosco and threets.

What the hell happened there?

Scully said it best, although its an exhibition game you hate to end spring training like this.

of course an ex-giant (threets) would help out the opposing team like that
laugh.gif

yikes ...

Alright guys here's an update:

Jeff Weaver is going to Triple-A after we all pretty much assumed he had made the club as a long reliever. Torre said the reason was a shortage of 40-man roster spots, and Weaver is on a minor-league contract. He'll stretch out at Albuquerque in case the Dodgers need him as a long reliever or spot starter. The one open 40-man spot will go to Will Ohman, who will NOT, as originally planned, begin the season at abq. Torre/Colletti have apparently seen enough of him that they are convinced he is ready to begin the season in the bigs. Also Chin-lung Hu, Jason Repko, Xavier Paul, Eric Stults and A.J. Ellis all have been told they are optioned, presumably to abq. This means the season-opening bullpen will consist of Broxton, Kuo, Mota, Ohman, Wade and probably two others. As for the Kuo decision, that means it's probably down to DeWitt and Castro for the last spot, with DeWitt the favorite because, again, they don't have to clear a 40-man spot for him. They DO have to clear a 40-man spot for Doug Mientkiewicz, who appears to be on the team, but no one has announced that yet. ... Oh, Torre did finally say McDonald will be the fifth starter. The roster has to be finalized by noon tomorrow.
Jeff Weaver should stay ready, he'll probably be the first one called up.

I really expect the Dodgers to move Hu and / or Repko soon (I believe the Dodgers had a deal for Repko to the Braves but it fell through last minute)

The addition of Ohman gives so much depth to this team, I wouldn't be surprised if Bellasario makes the team as well.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by bright nikes

damn kemp and them breaking balls
sick.gif
same thing i said after his 1st at bat
is the guy ever going to learn how to hit them?

I think we all know each players greatest weakness, and I'm sure we were all hoping for Kemp to really work on his discipline at the plate with thatbreaking ball.

Correct me if im wrong, but Kemp struck out 153 times, I'd say 145 of those were from the breaking ball.

It's a combination of being disciplined at the plate, being patient and be able to see the rotation of the ball.

We need him to sit on the bad pitches that make him look foolish and really put the ball into play thats hittable.

I feel bad for repko. Every time he gets a chance he gets injured for busting his @+% 110%. He goes all out 24/7. He's gonna blossom for another team Ithink

he'll be a solid defender wherever he goes, I have high hopes for Hu

I copped tickets yesterday for the 2nd blanket night and the 3rd bobblehead night off some dude with season tickets, section 160, fairly cheap. about what hepaid for em.

He's a cool cat, told me to hit him up if I need any more games, but as I previously told myself "i think i'm set"
laugh.gif
smh.gif

So if any of you need 4 seats in the loge for any games, hit me up i'll ask him.

Next year i'm DEFINITELY looking into season tickets
smh.gif
smh.gif

yeah, repko plays balls to the wall - but usually loses versus the wall
frown.gif

he's in sort of the same situation that jayson werth was in - once he was given some time he did well.

but, they're both different players.

damn werth did work on us last year
smh.gif

who else is going to the game 4/15 i'll be in the pavilion hit me up guys.

Here is a roster update:
The Dodgers have SUBMITTED a roster, but as I stated here last night, it's only a rough draft. Claudio Vargas and Delwyn Young, both of whom are expected to begin the season on the DL, are both on it. Will Ohman, who is expected to begin the season in the big-league bullpen, is not. So this will change a lot tomorrow. The only moves thus far today are Jason Schmidt to the DL and Tanyon Sturtze reassigned to the minors. They are definitely trying to clear 40-man spots for Ohman and Mientkiewicz. They might be trying to clear spots for Castro and Belisario, as well.
Here is the CURRENT roster for RIGHT NOW:

Pitchers (11):
Chad Billingsley
Jonathan Broxton
Clayton Kershaw (L)
Hiroki Kuroda
Hong-Chih Kuo (L)
James McDonald
Guillermo Mota
Ramon Troncoso
Claudio Vargas
Cory Wade
Randy Wolf (L)

Catchers (2):
Brad Ausmus
Russell Martin

Infielders (6):
Casey Blake
Blake DeWitt
Rafael Furcal
Orlando Hudson
James Loney
Mark Loretta
Outfielders (5):
Andre Ethier
Matt Kemp
Juan Pierre
Manny Ramirez
Delwyn Young
I was just reminded that the Dodgers are required only TO SUMBIT A 25-MAN ROSTER BY NOON TOMORROW. That doesn't mean it has to be THE 25-man roster. That still leaves another 28 hours before they play their season opener, and they can make unlimited roster moves during that time. I have been led to believe that WILL happen. So whatever 25-man roster is put in place tomorrow morning is only a rough draft, so to speak. We aren't really going to know who is on this team until well into the day on Monday. The remaining decisions, as I understand it, are all contingent on how many 40-man spots can be cleared. If I had to guess, and this is only a guess, that probably means they are trying to find a way to get Belisario and Castro, and possibly others, onto the team. I also have been told that barring anything unforeseen (like a freak injury such as slipping in the shower) Doug Mientkiewicz has made the club.
The season is finally here, yes, I know, no PM
laugh.gif
. Somethings have changed, trying to work something out at the moment. I will let you guys no later on tonight or tomorrow.

jason schmidt
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i see ironman is workin on a bigger summit than ben barrrrrraaa
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom