OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at 562 wildin out on Ustream right now... (if thats you)

Kuo takes aim at yet another comeback
Poor guy has never been able to show us his stuff for a full year. Pitched a decent game 2 in the 2006 NLDS. At least we didn't pay him bigmoney like Dreifort.

Well, Kuo and Dreifort are two totally different pitchers with different roles.

Dodgers have been smart giving Kuo short term deals, knowing he's had arm troubles in the past and his role is to get leftys out.

With Dreifort, he was that "can't miss" prospect, kinda like how Mark Prior or this years Strasburg was.

Damn injuries
smh.gif

There was actually an article about him in the L.A Times on what he's up too.

Originally Posted by dland24

Do you want me to apologize for posting in here? Because I wont. I have NEVER ONCE come in here and started talking trash, so YOU need to fall back. If you took what I said as trolling, thats on YOU. I have never been anything but respectful when posting in your thread. So get off me. If Dodger fans have a problem with me posting in here, I will stop. If YOU have a problem with me posting in here, I could care less.
Now you are going off base here a bit, I never said you were the one trolling, I never once implied that you were not respectful with your posts,and never asked for an apology, that picture was directed in response to what that clown 715 was yapping about.

You can post where ever the hell you want, but you took my response to 715, as an attack.

I'm not even claiming 6 championships, I'm the last person to ever use championships into a debate, it was a simple jab at 715.

Now if I were to post that picture in the Giants thread, then I can understand your argument.

Just so we understand, we're cool right?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

[h3]Kuo takes aim at yet another comeback[/h3]After fourth elbow operation, lefty begins rehab stint

By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

07/09/09 7:00 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Hong-Chih Kuo, whose future has been in serious doubt since he was put on the disabled list April 30 with another in an endless series of elbow injuries, was scheduled to make his first Triple-A rehab appearance Thursday night.

The Dodgers aren't counting on Kuo returning, but with the recent elbow injury to workhorse rookie Ronald Belisario, it sure would be nice if he did.

"I call him the cockroach, because you can't kill him," joked trainer Stan Conte, who said there is no handbook on dealing with Kuo and a left elbow that has undergone four operations, two of them being Tommy John reconstructions.

Yet, Kuo keeps coming back. And since being sent to Arizona to recover, last year's MLB.com Setup Man of the Year seems to have done it better than anybody expected.

Kuo made several extended spring training appearances and three one-inning appearances in Arizona League Rookie Level games. And he came out of each one with no problems, so Conte suggested the promotion to Albuquerque for a tougher test and better read on how close he is to being ready.

"We need to move him up to a higher level and see what happens," he said.

Conte won't speculate on when, or if, Kuo makes it back to the Major Leagues.

"He's incredibly unpredictable," he said. "He is a unique guy with all he's been through. I've taken this day to day, one week at a time. He's a definitive maybe.

"They can ask me if he'll come back, I don't know. If he'll be able to pitch back-to-back, I don't know. If he can pitch every other day, I don't know. You talk to him and he always says he's OK. But you never really know.

Belisario seemed to escape serious injury when his elbow came up tight this week, but he still figures to miss a minimum of a month. He will meet the club in Milwaukee for the weekend to be re-examined and discuss a recovery program for the All-Star break.

It's not looking good for ya boy PMAC.

nerd.gif

He'll be aight.

[h3]Red-hot Rolen on Reds' radar[/h3]
By BOB ELLIOTT, SUN MEDIA

Last Updated: 10th July 2009, 4:17am

The Cincinnati Reds have talked internally about obtaining third baseman Scott Rolen from the Blue Jays.

The trade would re-unite Rolen with general manager Walt Jocketty. The two were together in St. Louis when the Cardinals won the 2006 World Series over the Detroit Tigers.

The Jays are looking to dump payroll and Rolen earns $11 million US this year and in 2010, the final two years of an eight-year $90-million contract he signed with the Philadelphia Phillies in 2002. Rolen has been the Jays' best hitter this season, batting .330 with six homers and 34 RBIs and is working on a 25-game hit streak.

The Reds had a scout in St. Petersburg to watch Rolen this week as the Jays played the Tampa Bay Rays.

Besides dumping cash, the Jays are looking for prospects in return.

The Reds, however, have dangled third baseman Edwin Encarnacion, 26, who started 143 games at third for them last season, hitting .251 with 26 homers and 68 RBIs.

This season, he has appeared in only 25 games after breaking his wrist in April, and is hitting just .150 with one homer.

He earns $2 million this season and next season will earn $4.75 million.

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Dodgers had scouts Vance Lovelace and Lee Elia, a former Jays coach, watching Roy Halladay's start against the Rays yesterday afternoon.

Also on hand were Jay Wetherby of the Detroit Tigers and Joe Sparks of the Oakland A's. Both clubs are possible Halladay suitors. The Boston Red Sox also had a scout there.

[email protected]

nerd.gif

What would be your guys package for Roy?

Well, Kuo and Dreifort are two totally different pitchers with different roles.
Correct, Dreifort was a cant miss prospect picked after Arod. Big hype.
He would give us a little something here and there, until the later years when he just broke down completely.

I guess what I'm referring too is you see the possibilities and he shows it but can't sustain it because of injuries.

I guess I can throw Nomar in the equation also.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

[h3]Red-hot Rolen on Reds' radar[/h3]
By BOB ELLIOTT, SUN MEDIA

Last Updated: 10th July 2009, 4:17am

The Cincinnati Reds have talked internally about obtaining third baseman Scott Rolen from the Blue Jays.

The trade would re-unite Rolen with general manager Walt Jocketty. The two were together in St. Louis when the Cardinals won the 2006 World Series over the Detroit Tigers.

The Jays are looking to dump payroll and Rolen earns $11 million US this year and in 2010, the final two years of an eight-year $90-million contract he signed with the Philadelphia Phillies in 2002. Rolen has been the Jays' best hitter this season, batting .330 with six homers and 34 RBIs and is working on a 25-game hit streak.

The Reds had a scout in St. Petersburg to watch Rolen this week as the Jays played the Tampa Bay Rays.

Besides dumping cash, the Jays are looking for prospects in return.

The Reds, however, have dangled third baseman Edwin Encarnacion, 26, who started 143 games at third for them last season, hitting .251 with 26 homers and 68 RBIs.

This season, he has appeared in only 25 games after breaking his wrist in April, and is hitting just .150 with one homer.

He earns $2 million this season and next season will earn $4.75 million.

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Dodgers had scouts Vance Lovelace and Lee Elia, a former Jays coach, watching Roy Halladay's start against the Rays yesterday afternoon.

Also on hand were Jay Wetherby of the Detroit Tigers and Joe Sparks of the Oakland A's. Both clubs are possible Halladay suitors. The Boston Red Sox also had a scout there.

[email protected]
nerd.gif

What would be your guys package for Roy?

eek.gif

I'm sure the Jays are asking for too much.

If Mitch Kupchak was the GM, he can probably throw in Pierre, Schmidt, and a couple of hundred pounds of Dodger Dogs for him.
pimp.gif

But really, if they deal Rolen, they might be looking at Dewitt possibly packaged with some of our young pitching.

Originally Posted by sinser13

nerd.gif
Jmac, pierre, dewiit for hallady

That package should definitely get it done. I actually think that's giving up a bit too much but I'm all for trying to win now.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by sinser13

nerd.gif
Jmac, pierre, dewiit for hallady

That package should definitely get it done. I actually think that's giving up a bit too much but I'm all for trying to win now.

I don't know about that. That offer seems weak to me.

http://www.boston.com/spo.../07/after_yesterday.html

"Look, we have Halladay through 2010, he makes us a contender with the young pitching we have, then we get two draft picks," Ricciardi told Gammons."So anyone who comes to us with two young players -- that's the equivalent of the draft picks -- we'd need something else and something else andsomething else and something else.

http://mlbnotebook.com/20...ds-to-grab-halladay.html
Dodgers - Shortstop prospect Ivan De Jesus would be very interesting for the Jays. He's looking more and more like Rafael Furcal with slightly more power. The Dodgers could then follow up with a couple arms like James McDonald, Ramon Troncoso and Scott Elbert, but that would deplete their Major League bullpen. Would Andre Ethier be expendable with the emergence of Juan Pierre? Not likely. They're not moving Manny to right and Pierre does not have the arm to play center. Ultimately, I don't think the Dodgers have enough to get a deal done.

getting roy is very unlikely but hey we can hope rite??

i just hope if the do trade, we dont give up our bullpen, and our young talent.

I think they would definitely include DeJesus. Gordon has surpassed him as SS of the future, and most likely would have had DeJesus stayed healthy.

Gordon is most likely the only guy in the organization that they would think twice about in a deal for Hallladay

Back
Top Bottom