OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

also a sidenote: matt holliday will end up with the dodgers some day.
send Kemp our way
wink.gif

laugh.gif
I'll die if any of our young guys go up north.

I'll settle for you taking Russ, take him.

I'll expect the Panda to be on my doorstep tomorrow morning with a Happy Birthday card
smile.gif

22 dude
smh.gif

I'm too old for 22. Got the partying, the bull @@#* ting , the nonsense out of my system before the beginning of senior year of HS.

I been running around and drinking partying starting in middle school. Grew up too fast, way too fast...

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Teams need to give fat Albert the bonds treatment and just walk him
Yeah put him on base so Holliday can destroy the pitcher that does
laugh.gif

I am surprised the Cards were able to out score the Dodgers when they threw a new pitcher at us. There is no way the Dodgers lose today, Billingsley is a beastand Boggs is
smh.gif

Stop jinxing it FB
mad.gif

[h1]Dodgers' Hiroki Kuroda will miss his next start[/h1] [h2]He is recovering nicely from the line drive to his head but still has a headache from time to time.[/h2]
By Dylan Hernandez
August 17, 2009 | 10:56 p.m.
Hiroki Kuroda has been ruled out for his start on Thursday, Manager Joe Torre said.

Kuroda underwent a battery of tests that indicated he was recovering from the line drive he took on his head on Saturday in Arizona, but was sent home early and missed his previously scheduled bullpen session.

"That would all but eliminate that," Torre said of Kuroda taking his next turn in the rotation.

Trainer Stan Conte said that Kuroda continues to experience headaches from time to time and that his activities will be determined on a day-by-day basis.

Kuroda underwent an exam that tests brain function, and it showed he had a mild concussion.

"A lot of his reaction times were normal," Conte said. "It was a very good indicator for us that things weren't really bad."

Kuroda also rode a stationary bicycle and his symptoms didn't worsen when his heart rate increased, something else Conte took as a sign of progress. Kuroda will undergo more tests today.

With Kuroda unavailable, the Dodgers could call up left-hander Scott Elbert from triple-A Albuquerque to start in his place.

Padilla available

Vicente Padilla was released by the Texas Rangers on Monday, and his agent contacted the Dodgers to let them know the temperamental right-hander wanted to pitch for them.

"Absolutely," Padilla's agent, Paul Kinzer, said. "To be in a pennant race, he's definitely interested."

Padilla will become a free agent on Wednesday and can be signed for a prorated share of the league minimum, which is $400,000. The Rangers remain on the hook for the remainder of his $12-million salary.

A source in the Dodgers' front office said a Padilla signing was "unlikely at the moment."

Padilla was 8-6 with a 4.92 earned-run average and has developed a reputation as a bad teammate.

The Dodgers continue to comb the waiver wire for arms to add to their depleted pitching staff.

John Smoltz was recently released by the Boston Red Sox and is also available for a prorated share of the league minimum, but the Dodgers have serious concerns about his surgically repaired shoulder.

New number for Ohman

Left-hander Will Ohman, who gave Randy Wolf his No. 43 uniform, will be wearing No. 77 when he returns from the disabled list, prompting Mark Loretta to call him "Agent O-double-seven."

Ohman feigned outrage when hearing that George Sherrill gave rookie James McDonald a laptop computer in exchange for the No. 52 uniform. McDonald is now wearing No. 31.

"I should be computing in style," said Ohman, who didn't receive anything from Wolf.

Ohman will begin a minor league rehabilitation assignment today by pitching an inning for Class-A Inland Empire. He is scheduled to pitch for Inland Empire again Thursday.

Back in order

Rafael Furcal and Orlando Hudson batted 1-2 in the Dodgers' lineup for the first time since July 30.

A nearly monthlong slump prompted Torre to move Hudson down in the order, but the second baseman went into Monday's game having reached base safely in 15 consecutive starts.

Hudson was two for five with a home run as the Dodgers' No. 2 hitter on Sunday hitting behind Matt Kemp.

"I think the biggest thing with O-Dog is keeping him from thinking he has to do too much," Torre said.

Short hops

Jason Schmidt has resumed throwing at the Dodgers' spring training complex in Arizona but remains a longshot to pitch again this season. . . . The Dodgers are holding an online auction at dodgers.com/thinkcure to raise money for cancer research. The auction ends Monday.

At least the Dodgers are looking for help, I hope they don't touch Smoltz.

I'm not sure what went on in the Rangers clubhouse for Padilla to be a bad team mate, but man we need this dudes toughness on our staff. Someone to set thetone and just handle business.

These spot starts are gonna be rough, Haeger and Elbert can only do so much. There is no set timetable for Kuroda since he's still feeling post-concussionlike symptoms
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
I know Ohman hasn't played for it seems like the whole season, butthe dude is funny.

Happy trails Schmidt, your salary comes off the books this year
smokin.gif

Jason Schmidt gone after this season
pimp.gif

The money spent on his services
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I expect Bills and Kershaw to have sensational starts these next 2 games. The bats are non-existent, so the pitching needs to be stellar.
tired.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/dodgers-arent-likely-to-pursue-padilla-.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Aren't Likely To Pursue Padilla[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 18 at 9:38am CST]

A person within the Dodgers front office tells Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times that the team isn't likely to pursue Vicente Padilla, who was just released by the Rangers. Padilla's agent, Paul Kinzer, contacted the Dodgers to let them know his client would "absolutely" like to pitch in Dodger Blue.

If Padilla signs, his new team will only be responsible for the pro-rated portion of the MLB minimum salary. John Smoltz was released yesterday as well, so he's just as cheap as Padilla, but the Dodgers have "serious concerns" about the health of his throwing shoulder.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
I'll die if any of our young guys go up north.
I'll expect the Panda to be on my doorstep tomorrow morning with a Happy Birthday card
smile.gif

ohwell.gif

HBD none the less

[h1]Source: Dodgers among teams looking at Padilla[/h1] [h2]by Jon Paul Morosi[/h2]
Jon Paul Morosi is a national MLB writer for FOXSports.com. He previously covered baseball for the Detroit Free Press and Seattle Post-Intelligencer. He began his journalism career at the Bay City Times in his native Michigan.

The Dodgers have some interest in Vicente Padilla, one major-league source said Wednesday, although one Dodgers official downplayed the chances that the team will sign the right-hander.
Padilla is expected to clear waivers on Wednesday afternoon and could sign with a new team soon afterward, one source said. He was placed on waivers by Texas on Monday.
The Dodgers are among the teams looking for rotation help. Their need is particularly acute, with Hiroki Kuroda's status unclear after being hit in the head with a line drive Saturday.

Padilla is available for a prorated portion of the $400,000 league minimum salary. He is earning $12 million this year, and the Rangers will pay a $1.75 million buyout on the team option for 2010.

Padilla is 8-6 with a 4.92 ERA in 18 starts this season.

All you guys going to the game, tell my peoples I said "Mabuhay!"
smokin.gif

zerbs63: How is the clubhouse reacting to the recent struggles?

Matt Kemp: We're too good of a team to get down on ourselves..We are just as confident as when we were winning.

Matt Kemp: We're going to get through this spell and be fine, no one is panicking...y'all shouldn't either.

laugh.gif
damn, no bite. I just want a force behind the plate with the bat, we haven't had one since Mike

Thanks to all the well wishers, I appreciate it
smokin.gif

The GFs family did something for me yesterday against my wishes, but I had a good time. Got this years July4 Dodger fitted, Forever Blue which is abook i've wanted since it released, and a Vicente Fernandez bobblehead we saw @ Placita Olvera last month
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

She said she's waiting on the "real" present to show up which she indicated was sometime this week, lets see what it is.

I'm not one for the attention at all, but i'm always appreciative.

This will be an easy win for the Dodgers tonight......Boggs is pure horse crap.

Hopefully the cubs will loose too so we stay 6 games up.

Same thing I told Dland

But i'm expecting an L. All my birthdays have some sort of %%#! sandwich that someone serves me up. Usually it's my mom, but even she was nice today.

Only thing left today to let me down is my squad.

Here's to hoping for change
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom