OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why do little giant fans always coming in here trying to hype up there horse %%@* @+$ team? no one gives a rats @+$ about anything on ur team take that BS to ur on !@%%@ @+$ thread
laugh.gif

I actually don't think there is a huge difference in pitching between the Dodgers and Giants like other Giants fans or "experts" around thecountry think. Kuroda (when he gets back), Billingsley, and Kershaw are very solid. Wolf is ehh, and I would be lying if I said I knew anything about McDonald.

Lincecum will be Lincecum, Cain is solid, Johnson is a question mark due to health, Zito will be Zito
smh.gif
, and you don't really know what you're going to get from Sanchez from start tostart. Overall I'd give the nod to the Giants, but not by a large margin even though Cain has been the only starter to get into the 6th inning in theirseven games.

Obviously, Dodgers offense >>>>>>>>>>>> Giants offense

^ I thought about that as well... but I think other series have off days right now. I think one of them is SD vs NY.

It's unheard of, but the MLB threw some in the schedule in case there were games delayed by weather.

I don't know why they did it for these teams though.

yo pmac, confirm something for me.

so a couple people from arizona were telling me that they put cameras on the freeways and if you go a mile over or something you'll be sent a speedingticket?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

so a couple people from arizona were telling me that they put cameras on the freeways and if you go a mile over or something you'll be sent a speeding ticket?

there are speeding cameras every where there. i saw them on streets and freeways. even mobile ones attached to the top of a police car on the freeway like 50miles outside of phoenix.
laugh.gif

i think you have to be going 7 mph over the limit though

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

so a couple people from arizona were telling me that they put cameras on the freeways and if you go a mile over or something you'll be sent a speeding ticket?

there are speeding cameras every where there. i saw them on streets and freeways. even mobile ones attached to the top of a police car on the freeway like 50 miles outside of phoenix.
laugh.gif

i think you have to be going 7 mph over the limit though

Yea I've heard the same. But what if I have no plates? And if I'm speeding down a stretch of highway, can I get multiple tix in 1 day?

damn arizon stay taking Ls
smh.gif

mrJ some dude at the gym was telling me he got like 2 or 3 tickets in one day.

california needs to get rid of their stupid basic speed law violation, even going over 1mph can result in a speeding ticket.

mrJ some dude at the gym was telling me he got like 2 or 3 tickets in one day.
damn. that sucks for travelers/tourists who have no clue about it til they get the ticket(s) in the mail. im sure even if you have a rental car,they'll track it back to you
but i guess if/when i go, ill just take the plates off my car
grin.gif
and putdealer plates

They do have those cameras, but I've never gotten a ticket and I'm pretty sure I've gone by em at like 90

Maybe the cameras dont recognize CA plates or something.

Thanks Ironman,
Yea, my two nieces are ages 7 and 9. So I guest I'll take them next time.

A co-worker also told me that someone got stab. Damn, these type of incidents will give Dodger stadium and fans a bad name.

I hope a foul ball comes my way this friday. I've been going to Dodger stadium since 01, like 3-4 times a year and I still haven't had a chance to getone. But one came close, it was in the next section to the left, but I was about to jump over my girl and some other fans. hahaha.
Have you guys caught a foul ball or a hr ball?

^^^ several years ago on opening day the dodgers played the diamondbacks. Gonzo (playing with the dbacks) hit a HR into the RF pavillion where I was sitting. Ilost it in the sun as it was coming near me....so I stuck my hand out there and it hit me right on the hand/palm. Hand was hurting for several innings

hahaha, sorry for laughing man. the price you'll pay for a baseball. But at least you caught it, bare hand.
eek.gif
Did everybody around you cheered?

Hey Mr. J, can you xplain ur avy? What the hell are they doing?
laugh.gif

eek.gif
mrJ please tell me you closed your hand and caught it?

my seats are pretty good tomorrow, im gonna try to come up with something during batting practice or whatever.

a close homie of mine who's an angel fan maybe 6-7 years ago made it on ESPN with like those crazy fan catches, we have it on VHS
laugh.gif

I've been going to games there since the late 80's (when I was a toddler..
laugh.gif
) and never caught a foul ball. I feel I'm cursed, for real.

Edit:

For BP, do they let anyone sit in the Pavilions now?

[h3]Hudson eager to honor Robinson[/h3]Infielder reflects on legend two days before anniversary [h4]Related Links[/h4]
By Rhett Bollinger / MLB.com

04/14/09 12:25 AM ET

LOS ANGELES -- Orlando Hudson has always been an admirer of Jackie Robinson.

So when Hudson hit for the cycle against the Giants on Monday, one of the first people he thanked was Robinson, even though he never met the man who broke baseball's color barrier 62 years ago.

"It just feels great to put on that Dodgers uniform," said a proud Hudson, who became the first Dodgers player to hit for the cycle since 1970. "I get to play in the house that Jackie Robinson built. I give my thanks to him because he was looking down on me."

Hudson will again honor Robinson by wearing No. 42 on Wednesday for Jackie Robinson Day, which celebrates the 62nd anniversary of Robinson breaking the color barrier on April 15, 1947.

It will be the third time the second baseman will wear the No. 42, but this time he said it will mean more because he'll be wearing it with "Dodgers" across his chest just like Robinson did.

"I wore No. 42 in Arizona, but now that I'm in a Dodger uniform it's even more special," Hudson said. "It's definitely a great feeling to be a part of it. And I'm African-American and I play second base here and wear No. 42."

Hudson, who wears No. 13 on the Dodgers, admitted his favorite number has always been No. 1, but said there's no number he would rather wear than No. 42 on Jackie Robinson Day.

After all, Hudson has studied Robinson ever since he was a child growing up in Darlington, S.C.

"He was one of my favorite guys to write about in school," Hudson said. "He means so much, not just to Dodgers fans, but for jobs around the country for people with ethnic backgrounds even outside the sports world."

Hudson was first asked if he wanted to wear Robinson's No. 42 on Jackie Robinson Day on April 15, 2007, and he jumped at the opportunity to honor his hero.

Hudson was one of 240 players to wear Robinson's number that day, and he did his best to honor Robinson proud by going 2-for-3 with a run scored in the Diamondbacks' 6-4 win over the Rockies.

For Hudson, the decision was a no-brainer, and he again wore No. 42 on the back of his jersey last season on April 15 as a member of the D-backs when 330 players wore Robinson's number.

But this season, every Major League player, coach and umpire will don Robinson's jersey number on Wednesday.

The Dodgers had already honored that tradition the past two seasons, because they are organization that gave Robinson the opportunity to integrate baseball.

Robinson, of course, played second base for the Dodgers just like Hudson. And both players are known for their all-around skills and speed both offensively and defensively.

And another similarity came on Monday when Hudson joined Robinson as just one of eight Dodgers to hit for the cycle. Robinson did it during the first game of a doubleheader on Aug. 29, 1948.

But unlike Hudson, Robinson played his inaugural 1947 season as a first baseman before moving to his more natural second base the next season and for the rest of his career.

And unlike Hudson, Robinson played for the Brooklyn Dodgers, and his debut was at Ebbets Field in Brooklyn, not at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.

And as Hudson surely knows, Robinson was subject to racism and dealt with death threats, isolation, degradation and insults from fans, opponents and even some teammates. Various hotels and restaurants also refused to serve him.

Hudson thankfully doesn't have to suffer through any of that, in part because of Robinson and what he went through.

"God simply gave Jackie the strength to do what he did," Hudson said. "I couldn't say what I would have done in those shoes."

Hudson, who was on the cover of the Dodgers' new playbill wearing Robinson's jersey, will further honor Robinson by launching the Around the Mound Tour, where he will visit schools and Little Leagues in urban areas to promote baseball. The 10 cities are Los Angeles, Philadelphia, New York, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Chicago, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Anaheim and Washington, D.C.

The Dodgers will also celebrate Jackie Robinson Day by recognizing 42 Dodgers Scholars, who receive college scholarships from the Dodgers Dream Foundation, which donates $105,000 each year to Jackie Robinson Foundation.

And Robinson's former teammate, Don Newcombe, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch Wednesday. Newcombe, who is the Dodgers' special advisor to the chairman, helped integrate Major League Baseball and start the civil rights movement along with fellow African-American Dodgers such as Robinson and Roy Campanella.

It should make for a special day at Dodger Stadium, 62 years after Robinson made his historic debut at Ebbets Fields.

"I'm excited," Hudson said. "Why wouldn't I be as an African-American myself playing this great game of baseball? He stood strong for it and fought for it. So of course I feel great about it."

pimp.gif

Never caught one but my cousin caught (actually picked up off ground and tucked in his jacket) Brian Jordans first home run as a Dodger vs the Rockies.

[h2]http://www.insidesocal.com/dodgers/2009/04/delwyn-young-tr.html[/h2]
[h2]Delwyn Young traded to Pirates[/h2]
By Tony Jackson on April 14, 2009 9:03 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis

dodgers will get two players to be named later, presumably minor leaguers. I assume DY will be placed on the Pirates' active big-league roster. This can only good for DY, who might not play every day but should at least get more playing time than he would with the Dodgers. Plus he and Andy LaRoche are good friends from their Dodgers days. Andy went to the Pirates as part of the Manny trade, which was a three-team deal with the Red Sox.

Sad to see him go, but good luck to Delwyn in Pittsburgh

Back
Top Bottom