Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I need to know... would you rather have Rich Harden or Ryan Dempster? I'm looking to trade one of them.

Dempster...It's just not Harden's year.

Harden could put together a great second half, but as of now I'd keep Dempster. You still might even be able to get higher value with Harden even though he isn't doing quite as well.
Would it be wise to trade for Wandy? I know hella people in this thread are down Wandy.

Actually, here's the whole proposed trade. Is it good?

I give:
Aaron Rowand
Rich Harden

I get:
B.J. Upton
Wandy Rodriguez

I'd do it.

I like Upton. He'll give you SB's no matter how well he's hitting, but I also believe he will have a really good second half. Wandy is toughbecause he is a good pitcher and has been above average all year, but the Astros have no offense to speak of so you might not get many wins from him. However,Harden is having a down year and Rowand has been stroking the ball pretty well of late, but he won't give you much except for avg.

It looks like a good trade on your end.

Originally Posted by parada45

Drop Wandy for Smoltz or Randy Johnson?
Honestly, I'd keep Wandy and wait for him to turn it around. Randy Johnson has been up and down and I'm not sure how Smoltz will performwhen he makes his first start of the season. I'd wait a bit on Smoltz before I drop Wandy for him.

^Yea that's how I feel

I got Smoltz winning his 1st game back. He plays the Nats and with Sox offense I think he will be a good pickup. Just my gut feeling.

So... I'm in last place in a 12 team league. Help.
sick.gif

^ You obviously need pitching. That's a given. You have 2 first basemen (3 but I'll count Cabrera as a 3b). Try to shop one around your league for anarm.

You can also trade McCutchen. You have a surplus of outfielders and McCutchen may have some good value right now. You could capitalize on it and trade him foran arm, too.

Another way you could go at it is to just completely give up on the SV cateogry. I mean, it's only one category. You could trade your closers for an SP.That SP can be more helpful for you in WHIP, ERA, W, and K's... forget about SVs
laugh.gif

OR

If your pitching isn't the weakness, like if you're somewhere in the middle in of your league in pitching... then replace "arm" with"bat" in my response above.
laugh.gif

^ Pretty good advice. Although, totally giving up on saves depends on what kind of scoring system your league has. If it's head to head, then sacrificingsaves might not hurt as bad as if your in a rotisserie.

^ Yes. Rockies are hot and their bats are on fire. Helton is right in the thick of that lineup, which means many RBI opportunities.

Rowand in comparison bats leadoff for a team that won't drive in many runs...Runs is probably Rowand's key stat along with avg., but on that SF teamhis numbers are considerably less for runs than they could be on a team that has a better lineup. Only bring that up to point out that even though Rowand hasnice a run total, Helton has more while batting lower in the order. He also gives you more RBI's, because of more opportunities, and he's hitting for ahigher avg. So in essence....Do it.

I have Grady Sizemore coming back this week

Who should I drop?

Elijah Dukes or Jack Cust

^ You obviously need pitching. That's a given. You have 2 first basemen (3 but I'll count Cabrera as a 3b). Try to shop one around your league for an arm.

You can also trade McCutchen. You have a surplus of outfielders and McCutchen may have some good value right now. You could capitalize on it and trade him for an arm, too.

Another way you could go at it is to just completely give up on the SV cateogry. I mean, it's only one category. You could trade your closers for an SP. That SP can be more helpful for you in WHIP, ERA, W, and K's... forget about SVs
laugh.gif

OR

If your pitching isn't the weakness, like if you're somewhere in the middle in of your league in pitching... then replace "arm" with "bat" in my response above.
laugh.gif

Any ideas on pitchers to target? Possible trades to pursue?

I picked up Smoltz

I dunno it's a gut feeling

Should I start Tommy Hanson vs NY 2morrow?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Paul, are you in the NT leagues?
I the commish for my annual NT Warriors fan league but I didn't sign up for other NT leagues. I can't quite remember but I think I wasgoing through some computer troubles when people we forming them... that's why I didn't/couldn't join
embarassed.gif
. I would have been down to join anotherone, too. Maybe next year.

Other than my Warriors league, I'm in my money league and my brother's friend's league.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

^ You obviously need pitching. That's a given. You have 2 first basemen (3 but I'll count Cabrera as a 3b). Try to shop one around your league for an arm.

You can also trade McCutchen. You have a surplus of outfielders and McCutchen may have some good value right now. You could capitalize on it and trade him for an arm, too.

Another way you could go at it is to just completely give up on the SV cateogry. I mean, it's only one category. You could trade your closers for an SP. That SP can be more helpful for you in WHIP, ERA, W, and K's... forget about SVs
laugh.gif

OR

If your pitching isn't the weakness, like if you're somewhere in the middle in of your league in pitching... then replace "arm" with "bat" in my response above.
laugh.gif

Any ideas on pitchers to target? Possible trades to pursue?
I think you could buy low on a pitcher who's value is low right now. Some names that come to mind are Roy Oswalt, Ryan Dempster, Scott Kazmir,Jake Peavy, Eric Bedard, John Lackey, Brandon Webb, and people like that.

OR

You could go in the direction of a player that's overachieving and maybe the GM is trying to shop that dude. Some names that come to mind are EdwinJackson, Ted Lilly, Kevin Millwood, Jarrod Washburn, Vin Mazzarro, Randy Wells, Dallas Braden, Randy Wolf, Jered Weaver, and people like that.

Originally Posted by parada45

I have Grady Sizemore coming back this week

Who should I drop?

Elijah Dukes or Jack Cust
I'd drop Dukes. At least with Cust's low average, he's going to get you HRs and RBIs.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Paul, are you in the NT leagues?
I the commish for my annual NT Warriors fan league but I didn't sign up for other NT leagues. I can't quite remember but I think I was going through some computer troubles when people we forming them... that's why I didn't/couldn't join
embarassed.gif
. I would have been down to join another one, too. Maybe next year.

Other than my Warriors league, I'm in my money league and my brother's friend's league.

Damn, I was going to ask what it would take to get Eva away from you
laugh.gif

Bull
15nahys.gif
leagues unappreciation!

I have Alfonso Soriano. I had an Alfonso Soriano for B.J. Upton trade pending and that
15nahys.gif
gets vetoed.I'm assuming it got vetoed because the team that proposed the trade to me won't even accept the exact same trade to give it another shot. I'massuming since Upton's doing better, the team that I had a trade pending with told his friends in the league to veto the trade because he made a mistake.Yeah I'm assuming but it doesn't make sense why he won't give the trade another shot or when I offer Soriano + Filler for Upton.

I've been playing with the same people for 3 years and I have no intention signing up again next year.
15nahys.gif
that
15nahys.gif
. I am done with this league.

Back
Top Bottom