Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I inserted Posada as my UTIL. Thanks!
pimp.gif
If Cruz has a better game, my bad in advanced.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

What is the better start?

Nick Blackburn vs Hochevar KC Royals
Nick Blackburn vs DET Porcello

In my league, I have Adrian Gonzalez and someone has Hanley Ramirez on the block. In the past, he's shown interest in Gonzalez. So should I go through withthis possible trade? And just move Derrek Lee into my 1B slot since he's my utility man.

Production should rise for Gonzalez again since Hairston is back in the line-up.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

In my league, I have Adrian Gonzalez and someone has Hanley Ramirez on the block. In the past, he's shown interest in Gonzalez. So should I go through with this possible trade? And just move Derrek Lee into my 1B slot since he's my utility man.

Production should rise for Gonzalez again since Hairston is back in the line-up.

Heck yeah you should do that trade. Especially because you have another quality first baseman in Lee. Adrian is for sure gonna have huge HR totals, but you bignumbers all around with Hanley. Derek Lee will probably pick it up in the second half of the season anyway. He's too good a hitter not to.

i dont believe in Derek Lee, and I think theres a drop in Adrians production coming, but you have to do that deal

Wow!

That's the SAME Thing I came here to ask.

Should I trade Gonzalez for Hanz?

I have Pujols, Howard, and Branyan to back him up.

I only have 1 SS (Tulo)

I'm thinking of buying low on Jimmy Rollins. He's been struggling for the entire season up to this point. Your guys' thoughts on Jimmy Rollins?

^ He's a former MVP on the reigning championship team. He knows how to play the game and he's very good at it. If you can get him for cheap, do it.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Wow!

That's the SAME Thing I came here to ask.

Should I trade Gonzalez for Hanz?

I have Pujols, Howard, and Branyan to back him up.

I only have 1 SS (Tulo)
obviously... go for it

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ He's a former MVP on the reigning championship team. He knows how to play the game and he's very good at it. If you can get him for cheap, do it.
Thanks, I just needed some assurance for trying to get Rollins. I'm offering two trades, hopefully the GM is hella down on Rollins and willsell low.

If I can't get Rollins from the other GM, I have another a chance to upgrade my SS by acquiring Ben Zobrist, which is what I've wanted all season. Theonly problem is that this GM is hella over-valuing Ben Zobrist. Earlier this season, I couldn't get even get Ben Zobrist for Edwin Jackson straight up (andI think that trade was pretty even for both sides). I then proceeded to offer him Ben Zobrist for Edwin Jackson and Jorge Posada, and the GM still shot itdown. Dude has Soto and he's been under performing all season long, and still shot down an upgrade in Posada
ohwell.gif
. Now the GM has proposed me Ben Zobrist forEdwin Jackson and Eric Bedard.

ehiusi.png
4sedkh.png

I know I could most likely afford to do this trade because I see as pitching as my strength but I know I'm giving up too much for Zobrist. Any ideas onwhat to counter-offer?

Is it time to dump Pierre? He's been a decent pickup, but now Manny is coming back and he'll lose his starting spot...

For available outfielders there are...

Jason Kubel
Cody Ross
Juan Rivera
Michael Cuddyer
Aaron Rowand

And I've thought about dumping Vernon too... He's barely hitting about .250 with very little power... I've had him benched recently though...

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by nnarum

Is it time to dump Pierre? He's been a decent pickup, but now Manny is coming back and he'll lose his starting spot...

For available outfielders there are...

Jason Kubel
Cody Ross
Juan Rivera
Michael Cuddyer
Aaron Rowand

And I've thought about dumping Vernon too... He's barely hitting about .250 with very little power... I've had him benched recently though...

Any suggestions?
Try to trade Pierre for anything you can get. I did.

Also, don't drop Vernon.....yet.

I was just offered this deal, but it's too tough fo rme to decide:

I get:
Longoria
Ugly

I give:
Verlander
Ryan Howard

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I was just offered this deal, but it's too tough fo rme to decide:

I get:
Longoria
Ugly

I give:
Verlander
Ryan Howard
Post a screen shot of your team. It'll help us decide what your team needs. I don't know if you have a surplus in pitching or not... or ifyour offense needs the upgrade.

^ This dude's tabs.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, I can see you have quality SPs and your offense can use another 2B since you have a vacancy
laugh.gif
. With that being said, I don't like Uggla thatmuch. He's hitting only about .225. I know Ryan Howard's BA isn't that great either, but at least it isn't .225. Try to re-work the deal andnot take Uggla or ook somewhere else? I like Longoria as much as the next guy, but I'm not just sold completely on Uggla. Maybe look for an SS since youcan also move Tulowitzki over to the 2B/SS slot, too.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ This dude's tabs.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, I can see you have quality SPs and your offense can use another 2B since you have a vacancy
laugh.gif
. With that being said, I don't like Uggla that much. He's hitting only about .225. I know Ryan Howard's BA isn't that great either, but at least it isn't .225. Try to re-work the deal and not take Uggla or ook somewhere else? I like Longoria as much as the next guy, but I'm not just sold completely on Uggla. Maybe look for an SS since you can also move Tulowitzki over to the 2B/SS slot, too.
ohwell.gif
I was trying to work a deal for Hanz with him, but now he's holding him to be the next Jesus. He wants Pujols and Verlander for Hanz.

Do you think Longoria will be healthy or is he gonna be like this the rest of the year?

I don't know about Longoria's health. I sure hope he's going to be ok. The Rays seem to not really worry about it... just rest for Longoria.

And yeah, Pujols and Verlander for Hanley? What's this guy thinking?
smh.gif

Would you be interested in trying to get Jimmy Rollins? I'm sure his asking price isn't Pujols and Verlander.
laugh.gif

Outside of Hanz, Maur, Bay, Longoria and Doc, there's nothing really interesting on his team.

Back
Top Bottom