Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Tough one: Teixeira for Bay?

I would be getting Bay...I know he's carrying Boston's offense but Teixeira is bound to get better and better as the season progresses.

What you guys think??

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Tough one: Teixeira for Bay?

I would be getting Bay...I know he's carrying Boston's offense but Teixeira is bound to get better and better as the season progresses.

What you guys think??
Well, I'm gonna try to be as unbiased as possible.

Both can put up HUGE numbers, but one thing is for sure. When the weather gets hot, Tex gets hot. TRUST me.

Tex will end up with .300, 40+ HRs, 120+ RBI's, 100+ Runs, 175+ hits, 100+ BB's.

Bay will end up with .275, 35+ HRs, 130+ RBI's, 100+ Runs, 150+ hits, 100+ BB's.

Very close numbers, but keep in mind that Tex is a Switch hitter and he plays in Yankee "Wiffle Ball" Stadium with that RF porch to take advantageof.

And plus, Tex has A-Rod hitting behind him.

Tex is a Switch hitter and he plays in Yankee "Wiffle Ball" Stadium with that RF porch to take advantage of.

And plus, Tex has A-Rod hitting behind him.
Word. Can't go wrong with Tex.

HELP!! B.J. Upton or Nelson Cruz? I have Nelson Cruz.

Here's what I'm thinking, B.J. Upton's heating up and gets a ton of SBs, but he wasn't this good last year. Is this a blip on the radar or isthis B.J. coming into his own building on his WS performance last year?

Nelson Cruz's home stadium is what batters dream of. Plus he has Hamilton coming back to help him out. If Nelson hits in front of Hamilton, he'll seepitches to hit. If Nelson hits behind Hamilton, he'll get even more RBI opportunities.

And FYI, I'm working on adding Zobrist to my team. I need an upgrade at SS. How smart is it to have so many people the same team? I already have Longoria.I'm not saying I can attain both Zobrist and Upton or anything, but this is something I'm thinking about. My team sucks at SBs so I need Upton, right?Maybe offering Nelson Cruz is too much for B.J. Upton?

ehiusi.png

To me, it should be a no brainer to get BJ.

Nelson Cruz, to me, is a FA pick up. BJ is a top 10 type player.

My question now is, should I do this trade?

I give:

Ryan Howard
Cueto

I receive:

Longoria (or Hanz)
Zubrist

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

My question now is, should I do this trade?

I give:

Ryan Howard
Cueto

I receive:

Longoria (or Hanz)
Zubrist
I would. Get Hanley and Zobrist. If you're given a chance to get Hanley, I say jump on it.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I would. Get Hanley and Zobrist. If you're given a chance to get Hanley, I say jump on it.

The thing is, the deal he REALLY wants is

Eva and Uggla for Verlander and Howard.

Whats better, Eva and Zobrist or Hanz and Zobrist?

And should I give up Verlander?

The thing is, the deal he REALLY wants is

Eva and Uggla for Verlander and Howard.

Whats better, Eva and Zobrist or Hanz and Zobrist?

And should I give up Verlander?
Hanley and Zobrist > Eva and Zobrist

So you're saying it's either give up Cueto or Verlander to go along with Howard, right? I would give up Verlander. I would also give up Cueto. To me,give up either one of those guys, but not both. Whatever you do, don't get Uggla. I'm not a believer in his ~.225 avg.
sick.gif

So Eva and Zobrist for Howard and Verlander?

I feel like I'm giving up alot.
Hanley and Zobrist for Howard and Verlander.

Maybe I'm over-valuing Zobrist. Maybe I'm under-valuing Verlander. Getting another person's perspective on this would help you.

So Eva and Zobrist for Howard and Verlander?

I feel like I'm giving up alot.

Maybe I'm over-valuing Zobrist. Maybe I'm under-valuing Verlander. Getting another person's perspective on this would help you.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Problem is, there is no one else here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Word
laugh.gif
. Where is everybody?

I want to get another person's view on B.J. Upton for Nelson Cruz, too
laugh.gif

Nelson Cruz has a lot going for him when Hamilton comes back. Protection if he hits behind him or more RBI opportunities if he hits behind him. Plus TEX is ahitter's park.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i dont believe in Derek Lee, and I think theres a drop in Adrians production coming, but you have to do that deal

Well, I guess D. Lee doesn't care, because the man is on an absolute tear right now. Making me looks foolish for dropping him earlier on.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Word
laugh.gif
. Where is everybody?

I want to get another person's view on B.J. Upton for Nelson Cruz, too
laugh.gif

Nelson Cruz has a lot going for him when Hamilton comes back. Protection if he hits behind him or more RBI opportunities if he hits behind him. Plus TEX is a hitter's park.

Its Upton and its not even close. He was hurt and he's just getting it going. Cruz, is more of a lower tier outfielder. Plus I think BJ can do more,SB....and the power is coming. I wouldn't look into the park and who protects him as much.

The I would do Hanley and Zobrist for the two. Hanley has been heating up, as long as your ok for pitching I would do. Hitting is always more important thenpitching.

Damn, why did Rollins have to bust out of his slump?! I'm trying to buy low on him right now.
laugh.gif

Ahh I was thinking about trying to grab him. You guys think he will outperform Bartlett from now on?

I think I might package Rios/Bartlett/Harden for Upton/Rollins/Price. What do you think?

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

Damn, why did Rollins have to bust out of his slump?! I'm trying to buy low on him right now.
laugh.gif

Ahh I was thinking about trying to grab him. You guys think he will outperform Bartlett from now on?

I think I might package Rios/Bartlett/Harden for Upton/Rollins/Price. What do you think?
I just dropped Theriot for Gordon Beckham. Hopefully Beckham stays hot.

Which Upton are you talking about? Anyway...

Upton > Rios - Doesn't matter which Upton really. Both are better than Rios.

Bartlett > Rollins - Right now but in August, it might be a different story. Bartlett was never this good and the question remains if he can keep this up.Rollins has to really pick it up though. These are just two hits. Let's not act like he's been 12 for 21 in the past week or something
laugh.gif

Harden > Price - But injuries are always a concern with Harden. Price is good, but I'm not a fan of his 1.55 WHIP. Right now, Harden's healthy soI'm saying Harden wins.

eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Where did all these people come from?!

Anyways, I have a huge problem. I have 4 1B's ALL with 20 or more HR's (Pujols, Gonzalez, Howard, Branyan). I can only use 2 as My 1B, and 1 as myutility. I'm trying to trade Branyan, but NO ONE wants him.

What kind of player do you think I can get in return for Branyan?

I'd want to know why did you draft that many high quality players at 1st base in the first place. First thing about fantasy baseball everyone should knowis that you don't buy a 1b high. Get a player in areas that is a total stand out from the next. Like a Kinsler, Roberts, or Utley at 2B because there is ahuge dropoff after. A Hanz and Rollins(I know he's having a bad year but everyone projected a good year) since SS isn't a deep position. Or a Long,A-Rod, Aarmis Ramirez, Long, or Chipper since 3B lacks a lot fo skilled players as well. Hell I bet you could have drafted Gonzalez in the 4-7 round easily andwasted a pick on Howard for a positon players that's more valuable and gives you better overall stats.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I'd want to know why did you draft that many high quality players at 1st base in the first place. First thing about fantasy baseball everyone should know is that you don't buy a 1b high. Get a player in areas that is a total stand out from the next. Like a Kinsler, Roberts, or Utley at 2B because there is a huge dropoff after. A Hanz and Rollins(I know he's having a bad year but everyone projected a good year) since SS isn't a deep position. Or a Long, A-Rod, Aarmis Ramirez, Long, or Chipper since 3B lacks a lot fo skilled players as well. Hell I bet you could have drafted Gonzalez in the 4-7 round easily and wasted a pick on Howard for a positon players that's more valuable and gives you better overall stats.
I agree... unless the 1B is Pujols, then you HAVE to take him in the 1st round.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, in the league I care about most a.k.a. my money league, I drafted Joey Votto in the 9th round... and traded Aaron Rowand (who I picked up from theFA) for Todd Helton.

In another league, I drafted Votto and picked up both Derrek Lee and David Ortiz from the FA when other GMs dropped them for having bad starts. Both seem to beturning it around and now I have extra trading chips that I can use to my advantage.

I agree with my stupid drafting skills, but it was my 1st year doing Fantasy Baseball.

Branyan was picked up off FA. So he doesn't count.

But you're right. Now I'm stuck with only Aaron Hill and Tulo as my 2B and SS

eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Where did all these people come from?!

Anyways, I have a huge problem. I have 4 1B's ALL with 20 or more HR's (Pujols, Gonzalez, Howard, Branyan). I can only use 2 as My 1B, and 1 as my utility. I'm trying to trade Branyan, but NO ONE wants him.

What kind of player do you think I can get in return for Branyan?
Is there any team in your league that could use a bat? Try to maybe entice them with Gonzalez instead?

But anyway, it's kind of hard because I don't know how the other teams in your league looks like, but I'll just throw these out there...

Branyan for Beltran, if you don't mind waiting for him to get healthy

Branyan for Carlos Lee

Branyan for Nelson Cruz

Branyan for Jermaine Dye

Branyan for Erik Bedard, if you don't mind waiting a short while for him to get healthy

Branyan for Mark Buehrle

So are you trying to say that Branyan is better than Adrain in the long run?

And I was just proposed these deals:

I get:
Zobrist

I give:
Branyan

Or

I get:
Zobrist
Longoria

I give:
Branyan
Verlander

Or

I get:
Longoria
Zobrist
Ugla

I give:
Branyan
Aaron hill
Verlander

Which is the best deal?

So are you trying to say that Branyan is better than Adrain in the long run?
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you can't unload Branyan, unload Gonzalez because at least you'll get somethingquality in return and still have a producing 1B on your team.

And I was just proposed these deals:

I get:
Zobrist

I give:
Branyan

Or

I get:
Zobrist
Longoria

I give:
Branyan
Verlander

Or

I get:
Longoria
Zobrist
Ugla

I give:
Branyan
Aaron hill
Verlander

Which is the best deal?
Knowing your position, I would do any of those.

Back
Top Bottom