Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

I'd hold on to Lee, the Astros always make that late season push and Lee always has a good 2nd half.

BTW.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Just wanted to say you guys are REALLY high on Ben Zobrist. Not too sure why honestly speaking.
I'm high on Zobrist because he's 2B/SS/OF eligible. When ranking Zobrist as a SS, Zobrist leads all SS in HR and is 2nd in RBI. Whenranking Zobrist as a 2B, Zobrist is 4th in the league in HR and 7th in the league in RBI. I'm just really high on Zobrist. I'm still trying to get himin my money league
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I get:

2008 and 2009 NL CY Young

I give:

Adrian Gonzalez
Rick Porcello

Deal?
So this is the proposed deal?

You get:
Tim Lincecum

You give:
Rick Porcello
Adrian Gonzalez

Hell yeah! I'd accept that in a heartbeat!

Same thing I thought.

Let me give another offer I just got thrown:

I get:

Longoria
Granderson
Uggs/Zobrist

I give:

Howard
Damon
Verlander

I'm leaning towards no, but I wanna hear other opinions from you guys (aka Paul)

You're leaning towards 'no'? I'm leaning towards 'yes'.
laugh.gif

I'm just not that high on Verlander. And Johnny Damon? He has 12 home runs at home and only 4 away. He's definitely a product of the new ballpark.I'm just not a believer in Johnny Damon. I like that you're getting, my boy, Ben Zobrist in the deal
laugh.gif
... and Longoria and Granderson aren't tooshabby
laugh.gif

Oh, and I'm aware that Granderson is like Damon. Both have a big difference in production home and away... and I still like your end of the deal better.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif

I'm just not that high on Verlander. And Johnny Damon? He has 12 home runs at home and only 4 away. He's definitely a product of the new ballpark. I'm just not a believer in Johnny Damon. I like that you're getting, my boy, Ben Zobrist in the deal
laugh.gif
... and Longoria and Granderson aren't too shabby
laugh.gif

Oh, and I'm aware that Granderson is like Damon. Both have a big difference in production home and away... and I still like your end of the deal better.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Johnny Rocket is my boy.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Na man. I kid. You're right.

Granderson> Damon
Longoria> Howard
Zobrist>>> Any MLB player according to you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But Verlander leads the league in K's.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

laugh.gif

I'm just not that high on Verlander. And Johnny Damon? He has 12 home runs at home and only 4 away. He's definitely a product of the new ballpark. I'm just not a believer in Johnny Damon. I like that you're getting, my boy, Ben Zobrist in the deal
laugh.gif
... and Longoria and Granderson aren't too shabby
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Johnny Rocket is my boy.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Na man. I kid. You're right.

Granderson> Damon
Longoria> Howard
Zobrist>>> Any MLB player according to you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But Verlander leads the league in K's.
Oh yeah, of course Johnny's your boy. I forgot to look at your sig
laugh.gif

And yeah, you already know. Zobrist FTW!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

If anybody else is out there, give some input on the Zobrist, Granderson, Longoria for Ryan Howard, Verlander, and Damon deal. I think my bias for Ben Zobristis getting in the way of me thinking straight.
laugh.gif

Its hard to say because I don't think Damon is this good, yet he keeps it up everytime I think he'll come back down.

A lot depends on how you cover for the positions your giving up. Like who covers for Howard and how is your pitching? And why are you getting Zobrist who doeshe take over for...? Just some things to think about but its hard to decide, im kinda up in the air about it
laugh.gif

Ok, I'm giving up on Joe Saunders. I thought that he could get me 15+ wins this year and it looks like he's halfway there, but his ERA is notwhat's up. He's getting lit up as we speak. Who would you pick up?

FA Notables:
Aaron Cook
Doug Davis
Jose Contreras
Brad Penny

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Its hard to say because I don't think Damon is this good, yet he keeps it up everytime I think he'll come back down.

A lot depends on how you cover for the positions your giving up. Like who covers for Howard and how is your pitching? And why are you getting Zobrist who does he take over for...? Just some things to think about but its hard to decide, im kinda up in the air about it
laugh.gif

Who covers for Howard?

Pujols
Adrian Gonzalez
Branyan

Who covers for Damon?

Granderson (when the deal is done)
Beltran (when he comes back)
Ichiro
Vernon Wells
McCutchen
Podsednik
Zobrist (can be used)

I also have a 2B/SS slot thats empty everynight. I can put Zobrist there.

OKKKKKKKKK then
laugh.gif
still hard for becuause I love Verlander....

Paul...Aaron Cook

Ok, I'm giving up on Joe Saunders. I thought that he could get me 15+ wins this year and it looks like he's halfway there, but his ERA is not what's up. He's getting lit up as we speak. Who would you pick up?

FA Notables:
Aaron Cook
Doug Davis
Jose Contreras
Brad Penny
Def Cook. But don't be surprised if Saunders turns it around, very solid in the 2nd half.

Damn, I while I was waiting for a reply on who to pick up, I went ahead and picked up Contreras. Dude has been really good in the past month and I'm hopinghe keeps it up. Plus even though it's probably not that big of a deal, but Cook's injury kind of made me lean away from Cook and toward Contreras.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I just got Josh Hamilton back

Who Should I drop to activate him?

Denard Span
Melky Cabrera
Luke Scott

I could drop Nick Blackburn (Pitcher) as well

Span. Melky getting solid PT and doing well and Scott is having a breakout year. I'd keep Blackburn too.

^ I was leaning towards dropping Melky

Span Steals basses and his numbers are just as good as Melky in every other category

Span has also missed a bunch of games with an injury

Neither are honestly bad calls to hold on to, I'd just stick with Melky in that line-up, that ballpark and now that it's starting to heat up. Dependson what you need in your league though. Span will def rack up the runs and SB's.

Back
Top Bottom