Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by parada45

What do you guys think about LaTroy Hawkins?

I picked him up as my third closer when I lost Hanrahan...I like him alot right now since he's getting saves and not putting up horrible numbers, but Ihave my own theory on closers specifically the good ones. Basically, they are worthless.

i'd say morrow/wilson/hawkins is definitely below average, but you can totally still win with them as your closers. I just feel that the difference btwnthe best closer and a middle of the pack closer is alot smaller than say the diff btwn the best 1b and middle of the pack 1b. Closers are not very valuable.

In my main league I've given up on saves... I have Nathan and Lindstrom and they haven't really gotten many opportunities this year... I usually focuson the setup guy to help lower ERA and WHIP while racking up K's and occasional W's. Ramon Ramirez has me 3 wins with an ERA around 0.50
pimp.gif

I say don't rule out non-save relievers.

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

Whats good Carlos Quentin and Alex Rios...
smh.gif
Cito Gaston has completely blown up and redone his swing. He just hit a a dinger and from what I have seen it has much improved.

Anyone know if Josh Hamilton is coming off the DL today?

If he is should I start him or let him ride the bench for a few games?

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

what do u guys think with this trade? Sabathia and texiera for Longoria ... i have longoria..
id need to know your other starters and 1bs, but i say pass. Longoria is special and with the lack of depth at 3b compared to those otherpositions, hes too valuable. you could probably get more than that for longoria if you really wanted to.

what do u guys think with this trade? Sabathia and texiera for Longoria ... i have longoria..
You'd be a fool to pull the trigger on that trade. Especially with Longoria riding high and CC/Tex struggling. Try a counter proposal whereyou give up less, Longoria plays a position that lacks a lot of depth as opposed to 1b.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

You'd be a fool to pull the trigger on that trade. Especially with Longoria riding high and CC/Tex struggling. Try a counter proposal where you give up less, Longoria plays a position that lacks a lot of depth as opposed to 1b.
I dunno man, Sabathia are going to come out of this slump and Tex when when he is a going is every bit as good as Longoria.

I say you do it. Longoria plate dicipline is not good enough to maintain the high BA, and his OBP will drop at some point while Tex has been a mortal lock for30/100/.300/.400/.

DO THE TRADE.

I looked at the numbers closer.

BABIP (Batting average on balls in play) is the best indicator for who's in an unlucky slump and who is really getting mad lucky.

Mark Texeria's BABIP is .176 he is the most unlucky hitter in the league right now other than Lance Berkman, he is still walking, he is still getting onbase, and he is still not swinging at bad pitches his batting average WILL go up. This is an inevitability, and his OBP will be around .400 again and he isstill hitting homers. Also if you look at plate discipline numbers (a good way to tell if players numbers are sustainable) Tex only swing at a pitch outside ofthe strike zone 18% of the time one of the lowest in the majors, this means he is still recognizing pitches.

Evan Longoria is batting an absurd .402 on balls in play, this simply will not last, he has been really lucky and his rookie year he was also pretty lucky.Evan Longoria has never projected to be a super high average guy. His walk rate is only 9% that is not high enough to maintain a very high SLG and OBP, and heswings outside of the strike zone .30% of the time, way too high to maintain his current numbers.

You gotta do the trade..
pimp.gif

Solved my 3B issue... Crawford for A-Rod straight up...
pimp.gif
or
ohwell.gif

Now I either drop Atkins for another OF or the best available player since I have 3 decent OF right now (Ibanez, Abreu, and Wells)...

Available FA are:

Taveras
Konerko
Weeks
Branyan
Helton
Escobar

Also I have Stephen Drew on my bench, I could use him as utility as well... And how do you guys feel about Carpenter? I have him on my DL right now... If hecan prove to be an ace still I'll have Johan, Lincecum, and Carpenter on the same roster... Granted he is anywhere near he was once he comes back... ShouldI keep him? I've got Danks and C. Young as other starters...

berkman for saunders?
current roster

[table][tr][th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""]
Fantasy Stats
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]
Pos
[/th] [th=""]
Edit
[/th] [th=""]
Batters
[/th] [th=""]
Edit
[/th] [th=""]
Opp
[/th] [th=""]
Status
[/th] [th=""] [/th] [/tr][tr][td]C[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Mike Napoli

(LAA - C)
[/td] [td] C Util BN [/td] [td] Bos[/td] [td]10:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]1B[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Derrek Lee

(ChC - 1B)
[/td] [td] 1B Util BN [/td] [td] SD[/td] [td]8:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2B[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Robinson Canó

(NYY - 2B)
[/td] [td] 2B Util BN [/td] [td] @Tor[/td] [td]7:07 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]3B[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Chipper Jones

(Atl - 3B)
[/td] [td] 3B Util BN [/td] [td]^ @NYM[/td] [td]1:10 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
José Reyes

(NYM - SS)
[/td] [td] SS Util BN [/td] [td]^ Atl[/td] [td]1:10 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Matt Holliday

(Oak - OF)
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] KC[/td] [td]10:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Elijah Dukes

(Was - OF)
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] @SF[/td] [td]3:45 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]OF[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Scott Hairston

(SD - OF)
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] @ChC[/td] [td]8:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Util[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Travis Snider

(Tor - OF)
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] NYY[/td] [td]7:07 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Cameron Maybin

(Fla - OF) NA
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] @Mil[/td] [td]8:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Matt LaPorta

(Cle - 1B,OF)
[/td] [td]BN[/td] [td]^ CWS[/td] [td]Top 2, 1-0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Kosuke Fukudome

(ChC - OF)
[/td] [td] OF Util BN [/td] [td] SD[/td] [td]8:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
--empty--
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DL[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
--empty--
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DL[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Vladimir Guerrero

(LAA - OF) DL
[/td] [td] OF Util BN DL [/td] [td] Bos[/td] [td]10:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Starting Lineup Totals
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -

[table][tr][th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""] [/th] [th=""]
Fantasy Stats
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]
Pos
[/th] [th=""]
Edit
[/th] [th=""]
Pitchers
[/th] [th=""]
Edit
[/th] [th=""]
Opp
[/th] [th=""]
Status
[/th] [th=""] [/th] [/tr][tr][td]SP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Joe Saunders

(LAA - SP)
[/td] [td] SP P BN [/td] [td] Bos[/td] [td]10:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Clayton Kershaw

(LAD - SP)
[/td] [td] SP P BN [/td] [td] @Phi[/td] [td]7:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]RP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Kerry Wood

(Cle - RP)
[/td] [td]RP[/td] [td] CWS[/td] [td]Top 2, 1-0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]RP[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
J.J. Putz

(NYM - RP)
[/td] [td] RP P BN [/td] [td] Atl[/td] [td]1:10 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
George Sherrill

(Bal - RP)
[/td] [td] RP P BN [/td] [td] TB[/td] [td]7:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Dan Wheeler

(TB - RP)
[/td] [td] RP P BN [/td] [td] @Bal[/td] [td]7:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Jair Jurrjens

(Atl - SP)
[/td] [td] SP P BN [/td] [td] @NYM[/td] [td]1:10 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Scott Kazmir

(TB - SP)
[/td] [td] SP P BN [/td] [td] @Bal[/td] [td]7:05 pm[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BN[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Jon Lester

(Bos - SP)
[/td] [td] SP P BN [/td] [td] @LAA[/td] [td]10:05 pm[/td] [/tr][/table]

Drop or hold on to Kyle Lohse?

He has been dealing with a bunch of injuries. The Cards say none are serious

I have seen him dropped in many leauges

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

berkman for saunders? [table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Take it and run.

Originally Posted by parada45

Drop or hold on to Kyle Lohse?

He has been dealing with a bunch of injuries. The Cards say none are serious

I have seen him dropped in many leauges

Drop him.

Teixeira and Sabathia are both notorious early slumpers... Check CC's numbers last April and where he finished up...

Teixeira hits like .200 every single year in April, and he heats up mid/late May and is premium talent the rest of the way... Especially with A-Rod back inthat lineup, he's gonna see more pitches...

I say do that trade... I wouldn't think twice...

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3830&position=P
Ricky Nolasco, Marlins

6.92 ERA, 3.64 FIP

After a ridiculously productive second half in 2008, Nolasco has spurred a lot of "what's wrong with him?" talk in the first month of the season. While his control hasn't been especially sharp (3.12 BB/9, after a pinpoint 1.78 BB/9 in 2008), it's not as though Nolasco is getting shelled and struggling horrendously. His K rate has remained stable (7.62 per nine): it's the .391 BABIP that's killing him (you'll note a trend on this list: strong peripherals sabotaged by very poor showings on balls put in play) as well as a 56.9% strand rate. Don't discard Nolasco at a bargain-basement price: he'll likely reward you in the coming months.

What do you guys think about this trade?

Holliday, Atkins, James Shields for Nelson Cruz, Mag Ordonez, Javier Vazquez?

Originally Posted by lebronmvp

What do you guys think about this trade?

Holliday, Atkins, James Shields for Nelson Cruz, Mag Ordonez, Javier Vazquez?

I wouldn't make that trade. Ordonez might be finished. He has been looking terrible. Plus I would say the two best players in the trade are Holliday andAtkins.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Solved my 3B issue... Crawford for A-Rod straight up...
pimp.gif
or
ohwell.gif

Now I either drop Atkins for another OF or the best available player since I have 3 decent OF right now (Ibanez, Abreu, and Wells)...

Available FA are:

Taveras
Konerko
Weeks
Branyan
Helton
Escobar

Also I have Stephen Drew on my bench, I could use him as utility as well... And how do you guys feel about Carpenter? I have him on my DL right now... If he can prove to be an ace still I'll have Johan, Lincecum, and Carpenter on the same roster... Granted he is anywhere near he was once he comes back... Should I keep him? I've got Danks and C. Young as other starters...

Id pick up Weeks. He's off to a great start and this could finally be the breakout year everyone has been waiting for.

Back
Top Bottom