***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

�Just your typical Brewers/Cubs games. (Yawns)��
laugh.gif

Soriano
eek.gif
�I keep replaying the HR on my DVR just to see the reaction ofthe Brewer fans there.
laugh.gif
�Priceless!

Marmol was the closer only because Gregg pitched more than one inning yesterday. So let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm more worried about Lee's struggles at the plate more than our bullpen now.

Since this is Wrigley Field North, this is a must
pimp.gif

dsc0275u.jpg

���

I've been worried about lee since last season...he is still loved for what he did with the cubs years ago...even tho I have friends who argue that...I saidI would rather keep aramis than d-lee and I'm looked at crazy

46196293.jpg

Soriano Delivers Go-Ahead Bomb
Cubs Beat Milwaukee 6-5

MILWAUKEE - Lou Piniella revealed a little-known secret Saturday night after watching his Cubs rally in the ninth for a 6-5 victory over the Brewersat Miller Park.

Believe it or not, Sweet Lou is just another karma chameleon.

Saying he was looking for a "change in karma," Piniella sent beleaguered pitching coach Larry Rothschild out to the mound to yank Neal Cottsin the seventh inning of a 3-3 game after Angel Guzman and Cotts had walked three straight batters to load the bases.

"My handoff wasn't good," Piniella said. "I said, 'Larry, go change the karma.' "

Aaron Heilman promptly gave up a two-run single to J.J. Hardy that gave Milwaukee the lead, but Alfonso Soriano's two-run homeroff Carlos Villanueva in the ninth put the Cubs ahead for keeps, and Carlos Marmol closed it out inthe ninth for his first save.

So does that mean Rothschild will make all further pitching changes in 2009?

"I'll go out," Piniella said. "But if they're walking, Larry is the pitching coach. He may have a better message. Who knows? But it wasjust to change the karma around."

Piniella also changed closers, albeit temporarily, calling on Marmol instead of the struggling Kevin Gregg.

But Piniella put an end to any controversy before it had a chance to incubate, saying he had warmed up Marmol and didn't want to get him up without usinghim.

"I said when the season started there would be opportunities for both of them," Piniella said. "But believe me, [Sunday] if we get into asimilar situation, Gregg will be the closer."

Marmol insisted he no longer cares when he pitches, as long as he gets a chance to pitch. He ended the game pumping his fists into the air after he got PrinceFielder on a called third strike with the tying run on first.

So could Marmol be the emergency closer?

"Next question," Marmol said with a laugh.

Until Soriano's heroics, the story was the Cubs' inconsistent bullpen and its effects on Piniella's psyche.

Carlos Zambrano, making his first start at Miller Park since his no-hitter there in September against Houston, jacked up his pitch countearly and was done after the sixth, leaving after 118 pitches with the Cubs trailing 3-2.

Soriano beat out a potential double-play grounder with the bases loaded in the seventh to tie the game 3-3. But Guzman walked Corey Hart and Ryan Braun with one outin the seventh. Cotts then walked Fielder, and Rothschild, the designated karma changer, trudged out to yank Cotts.

4-2 would be a nice road trip. I'm just happy that there's a rubber game being played. I didn't want to get swepted at Wrigley Field North

3-0 Win and the SWEEEEEEEP...........Lohse with an OUTSTANDING game today. No hits between the first batter of the game and the first batter of the 9thinning.....3 hits total and a shut out.

FB........Go ahead and bring the girls out
smile.gif

WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT CATCH.............#1 ON THE HIGHLIGHTS TONIGHT......GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom