***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

I think I remember him goin deep in start after start and putting up numbers. But couldn't some of that just be lack of familiarity and he havinthe advantage? Then once the hitters saw him a little they were able to figure him out and hit him?

He's a lefty though right? He'll have a job til he's 46 word to Jamie Moyer.
laugh.gif

Possibly, but he was lights out; he finished the season with a sub 2 ERA in 14 starts (8-2 record).

He had one of the best breaking balls in the game but something happened; he either stopped utilizing it or he just couldn't throw it as effectivelyanymore, or his other pitches suffered. His K per 9 numbers declined after that season. I haven't seen either of his two starts this season, so Icouldn't be sure about it now.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/team/player_media.jsp?player_id=435043

Watch "Duke's sharp start" at the bottom to get an idea. Stupid movement.

If the Pirates pitching staff would've ever put it together all in the same year, they would've made the playoffs that year. THey have about 4 starterswho have all had great seasons at one point or another, but could never sustain their initial success... i blame pitching coaches for that mostly.

laugh.gif
outta all those strikeouts, only one even bothered swinging.
eek.gif

When you get that many K's looking, you know your stuff is hateful that day.

How old is he right now? Whnever I go by pitching prospects, I always think of the Braves and the way that Glavine, Avery, Smoltz all got beat up for acouple seasons, and then the light just clicked on and they were still fairly young. No reason that couldn't happen with Duke. Hell, even Schill was onlyso so for many years and then became just nasty. Randy too. So we'll see. Be real nice for Pitt to get a guy like that going, but even odds they'djust move him instead of paying him.
smh.gif

THey have about 4 starters who have all had great seasons at one point or another, but could never sustain their initial success... i blame pitching coaches for that mostly.
I would buy that.

It could still happen.

CP, he's still only 25.

Christ, I forgot just how nasty his curve was. I'm going to spend a good half an hour watching all these videosnow.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

CP, he's still only 25.
There ya go. That light may have gone on. They will have a ton of suitors at the deadline if he keeps going. Could you imagine what he would dowith a pitching coach like Duncan or Mazzone?

The Rockies aren't a team you want to let get going late in a game; I think their lineup is really overlooked.

I've always wondered, does WGN show all Cubs and White Sox home games?

Kiddin Like Jason wrote:

I've always wondered, does WGN show all Cubs and White Sox home games?

I wish. But no. They pick and choose certain days nowadays, but for the life of me, I have no idea why?

They usually show every Sunday Cubs game, and then 1-2 weekday/night games. All in all, a LOT less then they did 10-12 years ago.

No worries Shabo, I was the one *cough* *coughing* last year when Lilly tried to go back to back with Z and WildK picked up on it. That's how I knewwhat you were doing with the
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

For shame!

Everyone knows better than that!!! Still the best start of the year by any Cub pitcher.

Fuku better not be settin me up with gettin into the all star game and then fallin apart in the second half again.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

He looks good right now, doin well.

Is it just me or is Fukudome off to a rocking start this year? Hopefully he will still be around after the all star break.

Smh Eddy gettin rocked again
mad.gif

Woooowwww what a game already Reds just scored 6 with 2 outs Salami by EE
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom