***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

our bullpen has some issues, but I would've gone crazy if I'd experience another season of Howry, Eyre, and Wuertz in Cubs jerseys.

Trying to get tickets for the Sunday Night ESPN game

^ I think we all know that. Thank you.

It's ironic that now I'm realizing how us Cubs fans treat wins and losses as the Genesis and Revelation. I was one of them, but, after last year, Irefuse to get all that emotional and quote unquote, live and die by every game, every pitch. An extreme die-hard. I made a promise to myself starting fromOpening Day, I'm just going to have fun with my Cubbies, regardless of their record. Call me blind or a Cubs fan B-03 (before 2003), or a loveable loser, Idon't give a damn. I still hate losing, but I'm not going to let the losses get at me like before. Yeah, last October took too much out of me. Alongwith 2003, I'm still not entirely over that day.
sick.gif

I still want my Cubbies to go all the way to the promised land, but I'm not going to treat it as the end of the world type emotion if it doesn't happenthis year. Plus the national media around October loves to bring the Cubs' well-known negativity. Which is not what I need in my life. I just want to feellike a kid again watching the Cubs games.

Let's just have fun Cubs fans and see where this season takes us. ( I already know that's not going to happen
laugh.gif
but what the hey?) I already felt that last October that we wouldn't be asgood of a team this regular season as last season.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

^ I think we all know that. Thank you.

It's ironic that now I'm realizing how us Cubs fans treat wins and losses as the Genesis and Revelation. I was one of them, but, after last year, I refuse to get all that emotional and quote unquote, live and die by every game, every pitch. An extreme die-hard. I made a promise to myself starting from Opening Day, I'm just going to have fun with my Cubbies, regardless of their record. Call me blind or a Cubs fan B-03 (before 2003), or a loveable loser, I don't give a damn. I still hate losing, but I'm not going to let the losses get at me like before. Yeah, last October took too much out of me. Along with 2003, I'm still not entirely over that day.
sick.gif

I still want my Cubbies to go all the way to the promised land, but I'm not going to treat it as the end of the world type emotion if it doesn't happen this year. Plus the national media around October loves to bring the Cubs' well-known negativity. Which is not what I need in my life. I just want to feel like a kid again watching the Cubs games.

Let's just have fun Cubs fans and see where this season takes us. ( I already know that's not going to happen
laugh.gif
but what the hey?) I already felt that last October that we wouldn't be as good of a team this regular season as last season.
If you are truely a Die-Hard fan....such as i am........Its like getting over an addiction to get over the fact that a loss wont break yourseason, although your reaction or feelings toward the loss would seem that it will.

I do HATE when the Cards loose, but its just in my nature. I do realize that there are over 100 games played in the season, but i just cant say..........Damnwe lost again, oh well, next game.

Of course if this was football......every loss gives you less of a change to make the playoffs. Baseball is the only game were.

Producing 35% of the time makes you the MVP of the league
Loosing 52 games is EXTREMELY good.

Its just hard to get in that type of mind frame when other sports dont play half as many games (Cept BBall of course)

Originally Posted by allenp24

Cubs are not as good as last year.

What are you trying to say?
laugh.gif

Well, Z today, and we all know how much he loves him some Cardinal, so let's see what he's got before we all hit the panic button..........in thesecond week of the season no less.
laugh.gif

[h3]MRI confirms oblique tear for Carpenter[/h3]Time-table remains four to eight weeks; rehab next week

By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

04/16/09 8:16 PM ET

CHICAGO -- Chris Carpenter underwent an MRI exam in St. Louis on Thursday, and the test confirmed that the Cardinals right-hander has a tear of the left oblique muscle.

According to general manager John Mozeliak, the official diagnosis does not change the estimated time-table for the 2005 Cy Young Award winner. Manager Tony La Russa estimated on Wednesday that Carpenter would be out for somewhere between four and eight weeks.

Dr. George Paletta, the head team physician for St. Louis, performed the evaluation of Carpenter on Wednesday. Paletta also administered an injection to the injured area. Carpenter sustained the injury on Tuesday during the Cardinals' game against the Diamondbacks in Phoenix.

Carpenter will rest over the weekend and, according to a release from the club, will be re-evaluated next week. At that time he should be able to begin early rehabilitation activities.

Rookie right-hander P.J. Walters gets the first chance to slot into the Cardinals' rotation in Carpenter's absence. Walters will pitch on Friday afternoon against the Cubs at Wrigley Field.

Matthew Leachis a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

It's really a shame this guy can't stay healthy. If it's not one thing it's a %$#@!%++!#$%% other.
ohwell.gif

Bases loaded, nobody out, top of the order up, you gotta do better then one run.
frown.gif

Hope Lee can pick them up here........

This is two games in a row where we don't deliver with the bases loaded, and the very next inning the Cards strike.
smh.gif

Letdown after Pujols from Z.
indifferent.gif

CUBS!

no worries from me...we can't win em all...and history tells us all that its better to end the season hot than to start off hot...a hot start means nothing

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

CUBS!

no worries from me...we can't win em all...and history tells us all that its better to end the season hot than to start off hot...a hot start means nothing

Yeah but that saying is true. "You can't win a pennant in April, but you surely can lose one." Meaning if we fall way behind in April, it makesit damn near impossible to play catch up. 2007 proved that.

Pacmagic, you already experienced your team winning a World Series in your lifetime. So our mindsets differ completely and rightfully so.

Back
Top Bottom