***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

I'm thinking Marmol wasn't ready.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Eddie has sat down 15 in a row
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
damn you! i was gonna post that, but didn't want to jinx him. 1:nerd:f the last 19 too. two sac bunts as well.

next batter will get a hit, watch.
eyes.gif

i dunno...he's only thrown about 102 pitches??? i let him try to finish, at least until someone gets on.

Hopefully Nix and Rosales come through again, maybe we can get an extra run or two.

There we go Rosie. Damn thought Eddie would go back out, I don't agree with this.

And this one belongs to the Reds!
pimp.gif

Yesssss.

Edinson walked outta the dugout to head to the bullpen to stretch pre-game, I yelled good luck Edinson! He looked right at me and said thanks. Then pitched agem.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

EE is out of a job if the contact and hustle from Rosales that I saw continutes.
smokin.gif

Got my ticket signed by Dusty, and got ANOTHER batting glove tonight, this time either Votto's or Bruce's, not 100% on who, but can't believe I gotone, let alone two in a row.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And had the camera tonight, pics on the blog.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by corwinator3407

Yesssss.

Edinson walked outta the dugout to head to the bullpen to stretch pre-game, I yelled good luck Edinson! He looked right at me and said thanks. Then pitched a gem.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

EE is out of a job if the contact and hustle from Rosales that I saw continutes.
smokin.gif

Got my ticket signed by Dusty, and got ANOTHER batting glove tonight, this time either Votto's or Bruce's, not 100% on who, but can't believe I got one, let alone two in a row.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And had the camera tonight, pics on the blog.
glasses.gif

Pretty cool man, I always enjoy looking at your pics.
pimp.gif

fdq6XaQn.jpg
[h3]Cardinals drop down trump card in victory[/h3]
Four-run fifth sends St. Louis to series victory in Atlanta

By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

04/29/09 11:54 PM ET

ATLANTA -- There was almost nothing for the Cardinals to like about Wednesday night's series finale against the Braves at Turner Field, except for the final score.

Shortstop Brendan Ryan left the game in the fifth inning with a left hamstring injury. Adam Wainwright labored through six imprecise innings, needing 110 pitches to get 18 outs. St. Louis pitchers issued seven walks, the offense struck out 10 times and ran into an out on the bases, and the defense committed another error leading to an unearned run. But a 5-3 final score, good for a series win over Atlanta, made it all much easier to take.

St. Louis escaped a hard-fought series in Atlanta with two wins in three games, one of the best records in baseball and a 3 1/2-game lead in the National League Central -- the largest margin in any of MLB's six divisions.

A four-run fifth inning, achieved without the benefit of an extra-base hit, proved the catalyst in delivering the victory. Trailing, 3-1, entering the inning, St. Louis stroked six singles in eight at-bats against Atlanta starter Javier Vazquez. The last three hits all came with two outs as Albert Pujols drove in the tying run, Chris Duncan provided the go-ahead tally and Rick Ankiel drove in an insurance run. Duncan was thrown out trying to advance to third on Ankiel's hit, ending the inning.

"Sometimes you have to win like that," Duncan said. "You can't always rely on home runs. Hal [McRae, hitting coach] said that tonight, that with this guy, we were going to have to beat him with singles. The guy nibbles away and he's got a lot of different pitches, and it's not a guy you can go up there and try to jerk something. We tried to stay patient, and I think everyone did a real good job of just trying to put the ball in play and take the single."

Duncan drove in the winning run, but Barden had the toughest job. When Ryan was pulled in the middle of an at-bat, Barden had to step in and face Vazquez with almost no warmup. He swung at the first pitch he saw, a 2-2 curveball from Vazquez, and poked a single to center field. Barden remained in the game as the shortstop.

"You just try to put the ball in play, and not hit into a double play and be an inning-killer," Barden said. "I was just lucky to find a hole out there, and I'm glad [center fielder Jordan Schafer] was playing as deep as he was."

The rally got Wainwright off the hook and allowed him to pick up his third win in five starts. Wainwright again wasn't particularly sharp, but he fought through some iffy command in order to last six innings. He walked five against only two strikeouts, but permitted just three runs -- two earned.

Four of Wainwright's walks and all of the runs against him came in the first three innings. He pitched a 1-2-3 fourth before making his biggest pitch in the fifth. With the bases loaded and David Ross at the plate, Wainwright appeared to fan Ross on an 0-2 pitch. But Ross was ruled to have tipped the ball, keeping the at-bat alive. Ross worked the count full before Wainwright froze him with a curveball.

He got through the sixth without damage, handing it over to the bullpen having worked a quality start.

"I'm not pitching good," Wainwright said. "I'm not pitching my best, I'll say that. But I have gotten out of a lot of hairy situations with minimal damage. I'm keeping my team in the game. I'm not exactly proud of how I'm pitching, but I will pitch better."

Dennys Reyes, Chris Perez, Jason Motte and Ryan Franklin combined for three effective innings of relief for the Cardinals. Franklin recorded his seventh save in seven chances via a four-out effort.

Matthew Leach is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

That was a shaky outing by Wainwright
ohwell.gif
, but the offenseca,e through and the Cards grabbed another series. Now it's on to Washington D.C.
nerd.gif

I have been avoiding coming in here. How you gonna score a ton of runs one night and do jack the next? I am so confused.

Yeah, I am not amused at all right now.

I said it in the offseason, why are we over reacting with the team make over on a 97 win team? Yes they failed in the postseason, but you tweak that, notbreak off 6 peices and bring in a bunch of new people.

Wood should be here.
DeRosa should be here.
Marquis should be here.
Hell, maybe even Edmonds should be here.

Most of them gone, just for Bradley.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I said it in the offseason, why are we over reacting with the team make over on a 97 win team? Yes they failed in the postseason, but you tweak that, not break off 6 peices and bring in a bunch of new people.

Wood should be here.
DeRosa should be here.
Marquis should be here.

smh.gif
Wow......I thought you guys hated these two.

i guess yall realized that just because they are former cardinals that they arent that bad (Cept for Marquis, he isnt that good to me)

DeRosa is doing pretty good in cleveland i hear........Yall probably should have kept him

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by CP1708

I said it in the offseason, why are we over reacting with the team make over on a 97 win team? Yes they failed in the postseason, but you tweak that, not break off 6 peices and bring in a bunch of new people.

Wood should be here.
DeRosa should be here.
Marquis should be here.

smh.gif
Wow......I thought you guys hated these two.

i guess yall realized that just because they are former cardinals that they arent that bad (Cept for Marquis, he isnt that good to me)

DeRosa is doing pretty good in cleveland i hear........Yall probably should have kept him

Oh I don't like Edmonds, but he was a big part of what happened last year. He was solid and no reason to be mad at that. He wasn't great, buthe's a smart vet and hat a few big hits for us.

Marquis I actually liked a little, but for different reasons. He was never great, but he would throw 6, pitch every five days without worry, and in a pinch,he could run the bases for us, or even pinch hit/bunt in late/extra innings. That's valuable for 162 games. Granted, he would have a game once or twice amonth where he was down 9-0 in the 4th inning, but there were plenty of games he would win 4-3 also. 12-13 wins a season outta the 5 spot? I'll take thatANY day.

I dunno, we need to get Soto up and running, get Aramis back, and then maybe they'll get it going. But I called it WAY before the year started, wecan't expect the same season outta Dempster we got last year, and it looks quite obvious that he is not going to go 17-6 again. That compounds gettin ridof Marquis.

Mark derosa
pimp.gif
still can't believe we got rid of him, this guy was hitting like .600 against the reds
laugh.gif
it always seemed like whenever people werestruggling he would be the one that got a big hit

Do any of the other baseball cities have this program available????

This is actually something they had last year, but i never got up early enough to do it.......pretty good deal in these days and times....PLUS (SEE BOLD AREAS)

The other good thing about it is not allot of people know about it....YEA, you gotta be in line for about 30 minutes.........but they did this for a cubs gameand i got in for $11 total.......sat in the bleacher seats (were selling for $30 each ticket on stubhub.com)
[h5]FIRST PITCH TICKETS[/h5]
The St. Louis Cardinals and KTRS 550-AM, the team's flagship radio station, are pleased to announce the return in 2009 of the popular "First Pitch Tickets" program.

Every game day during the regular season the first 275 fans to visit the Busch Stadium 8th Street ticket window when it opens at 9 a.m. will be able to purchase a pair of tickets to that day or evening's Cardinals game for just $11, or $5.50 each.

Here's how it works:
  • The first 275 customers at the Busch Stadium Eighth Street ticket window, located near Gate 3, at 9 a.m. on game day will be asked to show a picture ID as they purchase a voucher entitling the fan to receive two tickets at $5.50 each later that day.
  • The tickets - a virtual grab bag of locations returned to the ticket office by Cardinals players, the visiting club, sponsors, groups and others - may be anywhere within the ballpark, from field or terrace level to standing room only.
  • Ten minutes before game time - at 7 p.m. sharp for a 7:10 p.m. game, for instance - fans will be asked to produce their picture ID and voucher at the "First Pitch Tickets" sign at Gate 5 on Clark Street to claim their tickets and enter Busch Stadium. Tickets will be in sealed envelopes and distributed on a completely random basis. Exchanges will not be permitted.
  • Tickets will be distributed at the First Pitch Tickets entrance until 15 minutes after scheduled game time.
  • Fans must enter the ballpark through Gate 5, immediately upon receiving their tickets.
  • Only 275 ticket pairs - or 550 tickets total - will be available for each home game throughout the 2009 season.
  • First Pitch Voucher sales begin at 9:00am on the day of the game, and continue until 2 hours before scheduled game time, or until all vouchers are sold (whichever comes first).

Back
Top Bottom